+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship to TN visa

walter_white

Aug 30, 2019
I absolutely believe in personal freedom, i am just stating the facts that canada did bring you here as an immigrant so you can improve it's econony that's why half million people are getting PR every year, if they all leave to the US the next day after getting the passport then what's the point?

I also know that salary in the US are much higher than Canada due to the super weak canadian dollar, however that's not a reason to leave the country that trusted you to boost it's economy, so you can go as an expert to boost the US which have strict immigration policies and won't allow you to come at first.
One does not become a citizen overnight, these immigrants have worked and paid taxes at least 3 years (more if came on study/work permit) before even eligible to apply for citizenship. Neither the PR application nor the citizenship application asks for your lifetime commitment to live and work in Canada. And once you are a Canadian citizen, you basically have all the rights of a citizen. There is no first generation, second generation or second class citizens. So by your logic, why does Canada not stop Canadian borns from emigrating elsewhere? When someone applies for PR to come live and work in Canada, why is their home country not trying to stop them from doing so?

If Canada really wants to improve the economy in the way that you are speaking, bringing half a million immigrants in where there are not enough jobs for their skills is not going to help. It is only natural for people to seek greener pastures.

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
One does not become a citizen overnight, these immigrants have worked and paid taxes at least 3 years (more if came on study/work permit) before even eligible to apply for citizenship. Neither the PR application nor the citizenship application asks for your lifetime commitment to live and work in Canada. And once you are a Canadian citizen, you basically have all the rights of a citizen. There is no first generation, second generation or second class citizens. So by your logic, why does Canada not stop Canadian borns from emigrating elsewhere? When someone applies for PR to come live and work in Canada, why is their home country not trying to stop them from doing so?

If Canada really wants to improve the economy in the way that you are speaking, bringing half a million immigrants in where there are not enough jobs for their skills is not going to help. It is only natural for people to seek greener pastures.
As I get older, I stopped being interested in other people's opinions. Not a big deal. Just ignore it, brother. War was waged just because they don't agree with each other. You get the picture.

xuan

Star Member
Nov 27, 2018
As I get older, I stopped being interested in other people's opinions. Not a big deal. Just ignore it, brother. War was waged just because they don't agree with each other. You get the picture.
if you stopped asking about other people opinion why are you opening a topic to ask other people opinions?
that's funny ;)

anyway good luck for what you are doing.

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
If a Canadian-born white man does this, nobody would’ve said a thing. Why is it suddenly a problem if a new citizen does it? Let him do what he wants…
Elon Musk went there!

Reactions: lila777 and sahibo

Mounat

Star Member
Sep 15, 2022
Texas
Is anybody heading to the States after getting Canadian passport?
I'm creating this thread for those of you who wanna apply for TN visa after getting Canadian passport.
I'm gonna apply for jobs on indeed.com. I have US master's degree and related work experience in IT industry.
I remember they require a job offer and a 4-year secondary education diploma (minimum).
Come on down, there's never a bad time to come to the USA. Just be prepared for a bumpy economy the next few years. In other words, your stay may be shorter than you think so leave something behind in Canada to return to. If laid off on a TN, you have a short period of time to find another job before you have to leave the country. With that said, this is a massive economy and if you're good at what you do, you'll always have a well paying job. But if you're an average or below average in skills and experience, you might still get lucky and find work but it won't be smooth sailing.

And FWIW, becoming a citizen of Canada is not a life sentence to stay in Canada. But, overall, and in terms of quality of life, Canada is better than most countries out there, including the US.

Good luck.

Rp1212

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
i am not firmly saying it's not possible, indeed it's a personal choice but i don't think it's appropriate to get citizenship of Canada just because immgiration here is easy so you can go to the US,
Canada should not be a transit country for immigrants.
"Transit Country"!! wow. man I read your comments and you have lot of assumption and misconception about a lot of things. Just please do your research, and think it through at least, before judging someone or making statements like that.

Jicky

May 10, 2023
Hello,
I am just starting to prepare for TN Visa application and curious to know some information
Do i need to hire a legal proffessional?
Can i apply by me ?
I did my Masters in India will that be considered as 4 years degree in US
Any tips or more information are helpuful
Thanks in advance

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Hello,
I am just starting to prepare for TN Visa application and curious to know some information
Do i need to hire a legal proffessional?
Can i apply by me ?
I did my Masters in India will that be considered as 4 years degree in US
Any tips or more information are helpuful
Thanks in advance
Same boat.

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
Do we need a job offer for TN visa ?
Just the fact that you are asking this question is concerning :)

Of course you need a job offer for TN status. That's pretty much the main prerequisite

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
Just the fact that you are asking this question is concerning :)

Of course you need a job offer for TN status. That's pretty much the main prerequisite
Thanks, I just started looking into this so please bare with me.

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017