Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
suresure said:
I got the letter for oath in mail!

Good luck everyone! Congrats to everyone!
apparently there are two times - 1 pm for registration and 2:30 pm for the obervers to come and see the event - is that how you interpret the timings too?

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yesterday i also got oath invite by mail. there are two times 1 and 2:30 pm.

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Simkr said:
yesterday i also got oath invite by mail. there are two times 1 and 2:30 pm.
EXCELLENT.. looks like most of us received the letter...
I have invited few friends of mine for the ceremony, not sure if I should be telling them the 1 pm time or the 2:30 pm time.. any idea?

also if you look under the sticker that has the time in the letter, there is a number... I have been told that is the seat number... mine is a three digit number! I sure hope I will not be called out at that phase...

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
seems processing of routine applications is improved significantly.

I ll go with my family so 1:00 pm. i think better to bring friends with you since you ll have one and an hour hour to chill out prior to ceremony begins.

there is three digit number as just below the sticker and i am not sure that ll be seat number.

sept15 said:
EXCELLENT.. looks like most of us received the letter...
I have invited few friends of mine for the ceremony, not sure if I should be telling them the 1 pm time or the 2:30 pm time.. any idea?

also if you look under the sticker that has the time in the letter, there is a number... I have been told that is the seat number... mine is a three digit number! I sure hope I will not be called out at that phase...

antok

Dec 30, 2014
If it is at you place people sat anywhere. I came to observe and sat anywhere. I was not asked to sign in or anything

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
antok said:
If it is at you place people sat anywhere. I came to observe and sat anywhere. I was not asked to sign in or anything
hey antok, you will be best person for this question... does it actually take 1.5 hours for registration... and ceremony begins right on time as indicated on the invite letter - do they close the doors after 1 pm or are the doors open until the ceremony begins... i was wondering if i should tell my friends 2:30 pm or 1 pm time... if you can share your experiece from registration to ceremony that would be good - especially wrt time and ceremony schedule. thanks antok

antok

Dec 30, 2014
Well, I went to the ceremony according to the time listed on ecas. It listed 2:30 online do I went to you place at 2:20. There was a table set up outside the room with about three people sitting at it. I walked right by and no one asked me about anything. I sat anywhere I wanted and even switched seats. People came and went throughout the ceremony to use bathroom, take out a crying baby, etc. I left early myself. The doors were never shut or locked. The ceremony itself consisted of the judge speaking for 20 minutes on the history of Saskatchewan and what citizenship means. Then the whole audience was invited to take the oath as a group. After that each individual was called one by one to get certificate. There was a side table you went to but not sure what they were asking there but you only spent 20 seconds at it. The they sang oh Canada and could take photos. All about one hour in total from start time. It began right on time. I think you need to go when your letter states. It would be crazy not to have to register or show identification. Do, I think the ease time is for the public who want to attend but the time on your letter is for you to go early and register. If times on letters differ it is probably to stagger the registration so there is not a hundred person line up. That is how it was at tcu place in march.

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
antok said:
Well, I went to the ceremony according to the time listed on ecas. It listed 2:30 online do I went to you place at 2:20. There was a table set up outside the room with about three people sitting at it. I walked right by and no one asked me about anything. I sat anywhere I wanted and even switched seats. People came and went throughout the ceremony to use bathroom, take out a crying baby, etc. I left early myself. The doors were never shut or locked. The ceremony itself consisted of the judge speaking for 20 minutes on the history of Saskatchewan and what citizenship means. Then the whole audience was invited to take the oath as a group. After that each individual was called one by one to get certificate. There was a side table you went to but not sure what they were asking there but you only spent 20 seconds at it. The they sang oh Canada and could take photos. All about one hour in total from start time. It began right on time. I think you need to go when your letter states. It would be crazy not to have to register or show identification. Do, I think the ease time is for the public who want to attend but the time on your letter is for you to go early and register. If times on letters differ it is probably to stagger the registration so there is not a hundred person line up. That is how it was at tcu place in march.
thanks antok.. so for you the registration time and the ceremony time were 2:30 pm... how long the registration take.. was the judge there at 2 30 pm..É thanks antok

antok

Dec 30, 2014
Hi, yes the ceremony started right on time at 2:30 as listed on ecas. I parked between the yoga and tcu place. I found a spot easily. I think most parked in the pay parking across the street from tcu place. There were other functions going on upstairs at the same time. It was in the basement. Very informal I found it. I think the registration would be fast. Just a show of i.d and a sign in. I would take your invite letter with you.

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
crazyfish said:
Got invitation too! April 16 ceremony! ;D
hey crazyfish, when did you apply and when was your test? congratulations - is your oath at 1 pm or 9 pm?

crazyfish

Apr 4, 2015
sept15 said:
hey crazyfish, when did you apply and when was your test? congratulations - is your oath at 1 pm or 9 pm?
Hi Sept15, here is my timeline:

Date submit application: September 5, 2013
Application received: September 12, 2013
Date started processing my application: November 16, 2013
Citizenship test: February 10, 2015
Citizenship ceremony: April 16, 2015 @ 1PM

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks crazy fish.. same oath for me as well.... i will be there at 1 pm but told the family to come to the ceremony at 2:30 pm...

FUA

Feb 11, 2015
Congratulations !!!!! to Sept15, SIMkr, amerzd, suresure and others who got the final letter , because of you guys this forum was really active , we all who still waiting for letter will miss u guys thanks for all the information shared, best wishes for ME, antok and others specially for those who are waiting for long!!!!!!!
Hay antok please keep posting we will try to update /informative this forum. In May it will be 3 years for my case in process and test was in Sep 2014.

Thanks again