Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
suresure said:
Anyone applied after May 2013 got test?
I do not think so, suresure, if you are a september 2013 applicant, you should be writing the test anytime between April-May 2015... based on the timelines here for Saskatoon.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
bokkie said:
1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 15, 2011.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 15, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on November 22, 2012.

Note, that none of the events below were updated on eCAS, I actually had to get it from the call centre

4. File transferred to S'toon office on the 19/06/2013

5. Fingerprint Request sent on the 28/06/2013

6. Fingerprints submitted electronically on the 04/07/2013

7. Security clearance obtained 16/07/2013

This on ecas

8. Letter to write citizenship test on the 24/09/2013 received on the 10/09/2013.

Wrote test, passed and awaiting ceremony. They said it generally takes 2-3 months after test to attend oath if no further information is requested.
Thank you so much for sharing the timeline, immensely appreciated ! !

suresure

Nov 29, 2013
sept15 said:
I do not think so, suresure, if you are a september 2013 applicant, you should be writing the test anytime between April-May 2015... based on the timelines here for Saskatoon.
For people who got test this month, when did they applied? any range?

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
suresure said:
For people who got test this month, when did they applied? any range?
simkr applied in May 2013, his processing started in Sept 2013 and file transferred in Dec 2013. Do not know of any others. If you apply the same timings to your case, it would look like this:
Applied in Sept 2013, processing since Jan 2014? file transferred March 2014? test probably in April-May 2015.

suresure

Nov 29, 2013
sept15 said:
simkr applied in May 2013, his processing started in Sept 2013 and file transferred in Dec 2013. Do not know of any others. If you apply the same timings to your case, it would look like this:
Applied in Sept 2013, processing since Jan 2014? file transferred March 2014? test probably in April-May 2015.
yes,. but not sure why it takes so long to wait. My ATIP shows everything normal.
Many people in other province applied 0.5 to 1 year later than me already got oath, why it takes so long here?

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
suresure said:
yes,. but not sure why it takes so long to wait. My ATIP shows everything normal.
Many people in other province applied 0.5 to 1 year later than me already got oath, why it takes so long here?
can you tell me what your atip says: like transfer date, processing dates etc...?

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
suresure said:
One of the reason behind the delay is that there is only one citizenship Judge in Saskatchewan, whereas in other provinces there are more judges.......
Check the below link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/commission/cit-judges.asp

gzmask

May 13, 2011
gst8486 said:
One of the reason behind the delay is that there is only one citizenship Judge in Saskatchewan, whereas in other provinces there are more judges.......
Check the below link:

...ic.gc.ca/english/department/commission/cit-judges.asp
Oh man, he worked with U or R hockey team and a lot of the U or R community projects. Hope he isn't too busy.

SK_NKR

Dec 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There was a Citizenship Oath Ceremony at Francis Morrison Library in Saskatoon today and as I was in vicinity, I decided to go and see for myself how many Saskatonians were becoming citizens today (to get a feeling of what is the processing number of applicants)

Also in one of the past posts, somebody had suggested that one should visit the oath ceremony and ask the CIC staff about the delays on processing times for Saskatoon, so I thought I will do that as well.

There were 45 Saskatonians who became citizens today. I asked couple of applicants when they had submitted their applications and when they gave test, and found that most of them had applied between 2011 and 2013 and most of them had done their test in November 2014. As mentioned in one of the earlier post on this forum, 5 oath ceremonies from 12th January to 16th January have been scheduled for Saskatoon, and if each ceremony had 45 people taking oath, this would mean 220 Saskatonians would become citizens.

I managed to speak to a CIC clerk who was assisting Judge Terrence O'Malley
for the oath ceremony, and he mentioned that in 2014, they have tripled the amount of applications who have been finalized (these are the applicants from 2011 to 2013).

He also mentioned that they are hoping that with implementation of 1 step process, the processing time will be shortened to 12 months from start to finish for 2015/2016.

This sounds promising knowing that Saskatoon has a rough population of 250,000 this means that the number of citizen applications would be also be proportional, and the new applicants from August 2014 would have their case finalized within 12 months (Also for applicants prior to August 2014 may get their cases finalized sooner as they are trying to clear up the backlog as indicated in the CIC website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/about_us/mandate/citizenship.asp.

Going by the following previous posts below from @simkr and @redstone :

Simkr said:
my test date is Jan 27.

finally......
redstone said:
as per previous post saskatoon office collect few months applicants to give a test date.
This would mean that those who will be taking test in January should get their oaths by March/April which resonates with what the CIC clerk said to me and I think it is promising (Though not as fast as GTA where the whole process for many is completed in 6 to 8 months!!).

Below are the photos of the Oath ceremony in Saskatoon today.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
SK_NKR said:
There was a Citizenship Oath Ceremony at Francis Morrison Library in Saskatoon today and as I was in vicinity, I decided to go and see for myself how many Saskatonians were becoming citizens today (to get a feeling of what is the processing number of applicants)

Also in one of the past posts, somebody had suggested that one should visit the oath ceremony and ask the CIC staff about the delays on processing times for Saskatoon, so I thought I will do that as well.

There were 45 Saskatonians who became citizens today. I asked couple of applicants when they had submitted their applications and when they gave test, and found that most of them had applied between 2011 and 2013 and most of them had done their test in November 2014. As mentioned in one of the earlier post on this forum, 5 oath ceremonies from 12th January to 16th January have been scheduled for Saskatoon, and if each ceremony had 45 people taking oath, this would mean 220 Saskatonians would become citizens.

I managed to speak to a CIC clerk who was assisting Judge Terrence O'Malley
for the oath ceremony, and he mentioned that in 2014, they have tripled the amount of applications who have been finalized (these are the applicants from 2011 to 2013).

He also mentioned that they are hoping that with implementation of 1 step process, the processing time will be shortened to 12 months from start to finish for 2015/2016.

This sounds promising knowing that Saskatoon has a rough population of 250,000 this means that the number of citizen applications would be also be proportional, and the new applicants from August 2014 would have their case finalized within 12 months (Also for applicants prior to August 2014 may get their cases finalized sooner as they are trying to clear up the backlog as indicated in the CIC website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/about_us/mandate/citizenship.asp.

Going by the following previous posts below from @ simkr and @ redstone :

This would mean that those who will be taking test in January should get their oaths by March/April which resonates with what the CIC clerk said to me and I think it is promising (Though not as fast as GTA where the whole process for many is completed in 6 to 8 months!!).

Below are the photos of the Oath ceremony in Saskatoon today.

Thank you so much for sharing the info... so do you think that those who applied in Dec 2014 or Jan 2015 will get their citizenship little quicker ?

SK_NKR

Dec 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@gst8486

If the CIC clerk I spoke to is reliable (which I hope he is!!), and if you factor in that CIC uses the new 1 step process from August 2014 and increase in processing fees this Janaury, then absolutely yes. But we will only get to know if this is true when we see positive case movement for Saskatoon applicants from August 2014 onwards and they get their test within 12 months.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
SK_NKR said:
@ gst8486

If the CIC clerk I spoke to is reliable (which I hope he is!!), and if you factor in that CIC uses the new 1 step process from August 2014 and increase in processing fees this Janaury, then absolutely yes. But we will only get to know if this is true when we see positive case movement for Saskatoon applicants from August 2014 onwards and they get their test within 12 months.
Thanks Buddy! Gave you +1 :)