+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Tests - Alternative Scenarios

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
Well, they could get their act together and

3 - come up with online tests.
4 - continue physical tests but with covid safety measures in place.
5 - evoke some piece of legislation I dont know if it exists, to abolish temporarily the need of tests.
6 - Grant us citizenship with the condition of passing the test later (I dont know if legally feasible)
7 - etc.

Reactions: canvisa13

Spielo

Star Member
May 21, 2016
If they were smart, and they weren't directed by politicians, the smart thing to do would be to completely scrap both citizenship tests and ceremonies. They serve absolutely no purpose; a complete waste of time and money.

Given that the government has pledged to scrap application fees for citizenship, scrapping tests and oaths would be a really good way to help recoup the cost.

This almost certainly won't happen because it's politically convenient to have the test and the oath as a fake defence against racists who foolishly believe that immigration somehow dilutes "Canadian culture" (i.e. white supremacy). The fact is that immigration adds to culture without diluting anything, but no politician will want to face the phoney outrage from scrapping the test or the oath.

Reactions: harirajmohan

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
Well, they could get their act together and

3 - come up with online tests.
4 - continue physical tests but with covid safety measures in place.
5 - evoke some piece of legislation I dont know if it exists, to abolish temporarily the need of tests.
6 - Grant us citizenship with the condition of passing the test later (I dont know if legally feasible)
7 - etc.

We must "encourage" them a little to hope for this happy ending ... Otherwise, they will continue to benefit from the code 699 and the power of their union.

'' Encouraging '' means continuing to exert pressure in all possible and legitimate ways:

* Contact your local MP (It's not worth it if it's conservative, just saying ...).
* Continue to make the #Resume_Citizenship_Tests hasstag visible, especially in the official IRCC CIC pages in social networks.
* Contact the press.
* ... But especially by organizing demonstrations in front of the offices of IRCC CIC ... But do not hope to advance this last point and organize something here, in this forum: Myself and several other members have already tried, but unfortunately the administrators here systematically delete all messages going in this direction. Reason given: This platform does not allow organizing demonstrations.

Fortunately, on this last point, things seem to be moving forward in some social media test preparation groups, there is a demonstration project in front of the IRCC CIC offices that is being scheduled, but not here. .. Do your research.

, Piotr.