+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship TEST

vishal0076

Nov 22, 2015
Always thankful for your advice guys in advance.

I missed my citizenship test for some reason and send letter to reschedule it because they stated on letter we will send 2nd notice.
Its been 4 months. No arrival notice yet.

Do they take this long time to get back?

If they think reason for missing is not valid. Do they cancel application and put me on any list?(example Dont grant citizenship to this person etc)

Thanks

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Ofcourse reason for missing has to be reasonable enough for citizenship officer to reschedule ur oath. Now we have no idea what was ur reason to miss it. Try calling helpline to see what do they have on file

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Always thankful for your advice guys in advance.

I missed my citizenship test for some reason and send letter to reschedule it because they stated on letter we will send 2nd notice.
Its been 4 months. No arrival notice yet.

Do they take this long time to get back?

If they think reason for missing is not valid. Do they cancel application and put me on any list?(example Dont grant citizenship to this person etc)

Thanks
It depends on your luck , nobody can answer that with certainty. I know someone who had second thought about getting citizenship and decided not to show up for oath and provided no information to IRCC , but a few months later got another oath invitation and still didn’t go. Haven’t heard from him about whether he will get another one

vishal0076

Nov 22, 2015
My application is still in process when i check online status. It only has that last comment saying we sent you notice.
After that no updates.

canvan14

May 8, 2014
It depends on your luck , nobody can answer that with certainty. I know someone who had second thought about getting citizenship and decided not to show up for oath and provided no information to IRCC , but a few months later got another oath invitation and still didn’t go. Haven’t heard from him about whether he will get another one
Wow whoever that was wasted so much time and other people opportunities. S/he should have just withdrawn the application instead :(
I read somewhere they will invite one back one more time as long as they provide a reason.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Wow whoever that was wasted so much time and other people opportunities. S/he should have just withdrawn the application instead :(
I read somewhere they will invite one back one more time as long as they provide a reason.
I know - that feels like a hard punch to the nuts to those who have waited for much longer with nothing yet

spade

Jun 10, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
FCA-semi skilled
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AINP : November 28 2013 ; PNP: June 12 2015
Doc's Request.
September 10 2015 ( docs for spouse; proof of relationship)
Nomination.....
May 6 2015
AOR Received.
August 19 2015
IELTS Request
October 7 2015 ( spouse)
File Transfer...
August 19 2015
Med's Request
October 8 2015
Med's Done....
October 8 2015 ; Medical received: October 20 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
January 13 2016
VISA ISSUED...
January 18 2016 / Received thru mail: January 27 2016
LANDED..........
February 08 2016 (Coutts/Sweetgrass Border)
Does anyone know if we still need to bring CoPR on the test day? As far as I know they do before but my notice said nothing about it and just refer to document checklist however Copr doesn't include in the document checklist updated Jan 2019 as well. Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks

davisaj

Jul 16, 2012
Does anyone know if we still need to bring CoPR on the test day? As far as I know they do before but my notice said nothing about it and just refer to document checklist however Copr doesn't include in the document checklist updated Jan 2019 as well. Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks
I don't know the answer but am curious if the notice you received was by physical mail or email? I have the below showing online but have not received anything?

"We sent you a notice on May 16, 2019 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 8, 2019 at 11:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us."