+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test

Dktemi

Sep 13, 2018
i have citizenship test coming up next week. I do not have my passport that covers my eligibility period for 2 months what do I do?

Last edited:

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
i have citizenship test coming up next week. I do not have my passport that covers my eligibility period for 2 months what do I do?
Hi

You must have it at time of interview which will be right after citizenship test. Any missing passport will create lots of doubts in officer mind.

Good Luck

Dktemi

Sep 13, 2018
I did not bring the passport to Canada as it was an old one with maiden name and the gap is the first 2 months of eligibility period

vasvas

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
They review passport stamps with the entries in your Physical Presence Calculator that was submitted with your application. Everyone in my test cohort went through the process and they actually review every stamp.
The officers have access to systems that allow them to verify your entry/exit but then that is an extra step after the fact. During my interview they had questions about some of my US stamps based on the visa classification. So I did not go DM immediately but a few days later.
My recommendation is to carry your passport if you can arrange for it to be shipped to you else just try your luck. You can explain it and see where it leads