+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test to Oath in Victoria (BC) (Timeline for people with RQ

Grilka

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They updated the dates for Vancouver ceremonies all the way up to March 1st and still NOTHING for Victoria! Maybe there will be no session here at all?
Maybe they will send people to Vancouver...

alhotmany

Star Member
May 6, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 28,2015
AOR Received.
Not yet
File Transfer...
Not yet
Finally there's update on the website for ceremonies in Victoria , March 15,16 2016
http://www.cic.gc.ca/citcer/search-recherche-eng.aspx
Please if you got invitation letter next weeks
Thanks

Grilka

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, I've seen it too! Couldn't believe my eyes. I thought I won't see the word "Victoria" on that page ever.
I wonder at which point in time they send the invitations? How many days/weeks prior to the ceremony?

alhotmany

Star Member
May 6, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 28,2015
AOR Received.
Not yet
File Transfer...
Not yet
2 weeks before cermoney I will keep you updated, and please update if you got invitation
Thanks

Grilka

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anybody got anything?!
It's like 2 days left (next Monday and Tuesday) till the deadline for receiving any invitations - 7 days prior the ceremony.

Anybody who got invitations for the oath in Victoria on March 15-16 please let us know.

alhotmany

Star Member
May 6, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 28,2015
AOR Received.
Not yet
File Transfer...
Not yet
Grilka said:
Anybody got anything?!
It's like 2 days left (next Monday and Tuesday) till the deadline for receiving any invitations - 7 days prior the ceremony.

Anybody who got invitations for the oath in Victoria on March 15-16 please let us know.
I didn't receive anything it seems we are not on the list of this Oath, how ever most of my friends who were with me in the same time for the test they got their letters last week and biginig of this week. My status still in process since last July No update even for the test last October.
Hope our turn will be very soon, what is your status showing online can you tell please?

victorian

Jun 15, 2015
Hello friends,

I hope the best for you all. I applied for citizenship in 2012. Got RQ in Summer 2013 that was returned with supporting documents immediately. Wrote citizenship test in January 2014. Since then waiting for oath. During Fall 2015, I requested to move my file from Victoria to Toronto. Still waiting for oath. I called CIC many times and got ATIP but they told me that they are doing further investigation. Can you please share your experiences, if someone in the same timeline has taken oath?

Much appreciated. Wish you all the best with immigration. I hope after this new govt. things will be faster.

Grilka said:
Hi!

I am also waiting for ceremony. But I have no decision made yet, at least my online thing says "in process". It's been 42 months for me.

I myself am waiting for any signs of next CIC service in Victoria. Could it happen in December still? Anybody has any information? Their site with Itinerant services has no Victoria there at all.

Also question: can one change the place of oath? Sure would be great to take it in Vancouver as opposed to wait for half a year till they come to Victoria.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Grilka

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
good to see another person here. I have pretty much the same timeline. Applied in April 2012. All other events like RQ, test and so forth won't matter, no matter how you shuffle all this the result is the same - endless waiting. I gave up hoping to hear from CIC ever again though they are processing my case for more than 4 years now. Yeah, people, 4 years. Read this carefully and see what these people do to us. That is my experience.

victorian said:
Hello friends,

I hope the best for you all. I applied for citizenship in 2012. Got RQ in Summer 2013 that was returned with supporting documents immediately. Wrote citizenship test in January 2014. Since then waiting for oath. During Fall 2015, I requested to move my file from Victoria to Toronto. Still waiting for oath. I called CIC many times and got ATIP but they told me that they are doing further investigation. Can you please share your experiences, if someone in the same timeline has taken oath?

Much appreciated. Wish you all the best with immigration. I hope after this new govt. things will be faster.