+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test to Oath in Victoria (BC) (Timeline for people with RQ

Grilka

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi!

I am also waiting for ceremony. But I have no decision made yet, at least my online thing says "in process". It's been 42 months for me.

I myself am waiting for any signs of next CIC service in Victoria. Could it happen in December still? Anybody has any information? Their site with Itinerant services has no Victoria there at all.

Also question: can one change the place of oath? Sure would be great to take it in Vancouver as opposed to wait for half a year till they come to Victoria.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Grilka said:
Hi!

I am also waiting for ceremony. But I have no decision made yet, at least my online thing says "in process". It's been 42 months for me.

I myself am waiting for any signs of next CIC service in Victoria. Could it happen in December still? Anybody has any information? Their site with Itinerant services has no Victoria there at all.

Also question: can one change the place of oath? Sure would be great to take it in Vancouver as opposed to wait for half a year till they come to Victoria.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!
42 months? Have you ordered GCMS notes to see what is going on with the file? Have you called the Call center to find out the status?

Since your file has exceeded the normal processing time, they should be able to tell you something about your file.

Grilka

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't know anything about GCMS, Wes. I did contact CIC - twice through the form and phone - nothing definite. Just usual brush off - we are working on it. My case is "unusual", so had to wait till 36 months have passed, but even then - nothing. Though I did pass the test and sent them RQ.

Got letter from a CIC officer though in October, he was asking for more supporting material - I have less than 1024 days. So I did send more stuff. The decision should be made soon I figure, so if it is positive I hope to get called for the oath.

Do you think December 2015 is possible? Perhaps January 2016. When were they last time in Victoria? That running back and forth business is something. I wish we were taking oaths in Vancouver. So much faster!

Thank you!

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Grilka said:
I don't know anything about GCMS, Wes. I did contact CIC - twice through the form and phone - nothing definite. Just usual brush off - we are working on it. My case is "unusual", so had to wait till 36 months have passed, but even then - nothing. Though I did pass the test and sent them RQ.

Got letter from a CIC officer though in October, he was asking for more supporting material - I have less than 1024 days. So I did send more stuff. The decision should be made soon I figure, so if it is positive I hope to get called for the oath.

Do you think December 2015 is possible? Perhaps January 2016. When were they last time in Victoria? That running back and forth business is something. I wish we were taking oaths in Vancouver. So much faster!

Thank you!
Here is the link to order notes if you are interested to see the details and notes written in your file. Notes are not very detailed but it does give you a highlight of what is going on. CIC prefers that applicants order the electronic GCMS notes, which are sent via email as that is less work for them compare to scanning the physical file and sending it by mail. It takes about 30 days to receive the notes from the date of your request.

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

Well, you have done your part by sending the requested documents in October so hopefully the decision on your file is made soon. As for the Oath date, that depends on CIC and no one can tell you when the case will be finalized. Last time I saw a ceremony in Victoria was September, I am not sure if there was one after that or when there will be one. Here is the link for that:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/citcer/search-recherche-eng.aspx

Grilka

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, if anybody will have any info on when there will be a CIC session in Victoria, please, share the news with us!

So far, looks like December won't happen. It's already the end of November and there is not a word on CIC's Regional itinerant services page about Victoria.

alhotmany

Star Member
May 6, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 28,2015
AOR Received.
Not yet
File Transfer...
Not yet
Grilka said:
Well, if anybody will have any info on when there will be a CIC session in Victoria, please, share the news with us!

So far, looks like December won't happen. It's already the end of November and there is not a word on CIC's Regional itinerant services page about Victoria
Hi, I'm the same situation , have you got any invitation letter, I have been told cermoney will be Febraury
Thanks

VTG

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visa Office......
Edmonton
App. Filed.......
2015-01-29
AOR Received.
2015-03-10
File Transfer...
2015-06-02
I got a call asking me if i can give the test in Vancouver and was told to start studying.
I got a letter in the mail and my test is in Vancouver on Feb 18.

Does anyone know how many times does victoria have Oath ceremonies ?

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
VTG said:
I got a call asking me if i can give the test in Vancouver and was told to start studying.
I got a letter in the mail and my test is in Vancouver on Feb 18.

Does anyone know how many times does victoria have Oath ceremonies ?

You can find that from CIC's site .....http://www.cic.gc.ca/citcer/search-recherche-eng.aspx

Grilka

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alhotmany said:
Hi, I'm the same situation , have you got any invitation letter, I have been told cermoney will be Febraury
Thanks
No, haven't got any letter.

Where did you hear about ceremony (in February) from? Is it actually supposed to be in Victoria?

alhotmany

Star Member
May 6, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 28,2015
AOR Received.
Not yet
File Transfer...
Not yet
Grilka said:
No, haven't got any letter.

Where did you hear about ceremony (in February) from? Is it actually supposed to be in Victoria?
The officer who interviewed me after I had my test, he told me the cermoney will be in February

Grilka

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alhotmany said:
The officer who interviewed me after I had my test, he told me the cermoney will be in February
How long ago was your test? And was it in Victoria?

alhotmany

Star Member
May 6, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 28,2015
AOR Received.
Not yet
File Transfer...
Not yet
Grilka said:
How long ago was your test? And was it in Victoria?
Yes in Victoria, October 21, 2015

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Grilka said:

Thank you!

I happened to read your above message. Have you received ATIP report lately ?

One of the reason why the application is processed as "Non-Routine" is when you are short of required minimum days. If so, the CIC drag your application for 36 + months. Assigns it to Citizenship Judge, who in most of the cases rejects the application.

In rare cases, even if CJ approves the case, the CIC would appeal. Its sheer waste of time and travesty of justice.

There is no point in knowingly becoming victim of CIC's senseless unending process of 4 years. Ultimately, they reject and force you to re-apply.

If you are eligible under the new citizenship rules, just withdraw your old application and re-apply. Its in your own best interest.

Grilka

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alhotmany said:
Yes in Victoria, October 21, 2015
Thank you for your information. Looks like the period between the sessions in Victoria is 3 months.
Has decision been made on your application? What does your online page say?
I have got "decision has been made on your application, you will be contacted within 3 months". And that was a little more than a month ago.

thanks again