+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test to Oath in Victoria (BC) (Timeline for people with RQ

victorian

Jun 15, 2015
I live in Victoria (BC) ... Yes the most desirable city with people "newly wed or nearly dead" :) No jobs but flowers and fake smiles. If you live in Victoria then you know what I am talking about. Eh!

My Citizenship application was received in 2012. I fulfilled RQ requirements in Fall 2013 . I had written my citizenship test in January 2014. Anyone can share experience when dark night will be over and I will get Oath invitation? Please Please ..

chelavnzuo

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
Hi I live in Victoria, and yes everything you said about Victoria is also true to me, I really like this city but could only find dead-end or underpaid jobs so I ended up moving to Vancouver with a job offer. I still keep the place I have in Victoria and will visit the island on weekend.

I applied in September 2014, took the exam in May 2015, and am waiting for the oath. No RQ for me at this point, the officer at the interview told me my case's quite straightforward and I should expect to receive the oath invitation fairly soon. She also asked me my availability in early July but I still haven't heard back as of today.

victorian

Jun 15, 2015
chelavnzuo said:
Hi I live in Victoria, and yes everything you said about Victoria is also true to me, I really like this city but could only find dead-end or underpaid jobs so I ended up moving to Vancouver with a job offer. I still keep the place I have in Victoria and will visit the island on weekend.

I applied in September 2014, took the exam in May 2015, and am waiting for the oath. No RQ for me at this point, the officer at the interview told me my case's quite straightforward and I should expect to receive the oath invitation fairly soon. She also asked me my availability in early July but I still haven't heard back as of today.
Dear chelavnzuo,

Thank you for the update. So you submitted your application in September 2014. Wao that was so quick.. Good luck. Please keep us posted here if you hear for oath. Do you know how long before the oath they send letter?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
victorian said:
Dear chelavnzuo,

Thank you for the update. So you submitted your application in September 2014. Wao that was so quick.. Good luck. Please keep us posted here if you hear for oath. Do you know how long before the oath they send letter?
For Vancouver are (I am not sure about Victoria though) the oath letter is sent usually two weeks before the oath.
Please check my signature for my timeline.

As you have stated that you did your test in January 2014, did the officer approve your file after the interview or you were sent additional document request (RQ etc) after test? Please share your timeline.

chelavnzuo

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
One thing I'd like to comment on is that nowadays people also receive oath invitation by email or phone call from CIC within 1-2 weeks before the ceremony.

thecoolguysam said:
For Vancouver are (I am not sure about Victoria though) the oath letter is sent usually two weeks before the oath.
Please check my signature for my timeline.

As you have stated that you did your test in January 2014, did the officer approve your file after the interview or you were sent additional document request (RQ etc) after test? Please share your timeline.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
chelavnzuo said:
One thing I'd like to comment on is that nowadays people also receive oath invitation by email or phone call from CIC within 1-2 weeks before the ceremony.
Yes, I am aware. I read about it on this forum. Did you get this information from somewhere else as well?

chelavnzuo

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
thecoolguysam said:
Yes, I am aware. I read about it on this forum. Did you get this information from somewhere else as well?
I read about it here as well, there's one guy got his Canada Day invitation by email. This could be one of those changes implemented on Jun11.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
chelavnzuo said:
I read about it here as well, there's one guy got his Canada Day invitation by email. This could be one of those changes implemented on Jun11.
I have read the posts by Empirical-Scientist and his partner is getting oath on 19th June and his co-worker is getting oath on 23rd June.
These two people have received email for oath.

Where did you read about 1st July's oath email?