+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

citizenship test timeline

Varun84

Oct 21, 2016
Hi all,
What's the expectation on the citizenship test timeline after submitting the application? We will be submitting the application tomorrow (May 28, 2022) and are planning to travel in September (4 months post application submission). Any chance we might be asked to write the test in September?
Thanks
Varun

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Hi all,
What's the expectation on the citizenship test timeline after submitting the application? We will be submitting the application tomorrow (May 28, 2022) and are planning to travel in September (4 months post application submission). Any chance we might be asked to write the test in September?
Thanks
Varun
You usually will get test invitation after 1 year of AOR if not earlier.

Reactions: Varun84

iceman55

May 1, 2022
Hi all,
Thanks
Varun

You might get the test faster these days but it seems to depend on your office location. Generally Southeastern Ontario, GTA, Vancouver, Montreal, Saskatoon appear to be faster than the other offices (in that order). Edmonton, Calgary, New Brunswick, Quebec City are among the slowest offices in the country. But individual experiences vary widely - even the fastest offices have some applicants waiting over 2 years but the test invite times seem to be tied closely to the local office.

You can track the progress of fellow applicants on the 2021 and 2022 spreadsheets. You can request to take test the outside the country if that's an option for you.

Reactions: Varun84

maheshbhoi_it

Mar 24, 2014
Hello All, My application status Updated today including my Wife, but my son application only prohibitions section completed, can someone guide what does this mean? why it can be pending? IS it because he is minor?