+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test status from Completed to In progress?

Binabik

Star Member
Aug 15, 2017
Canada
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone else has encountered the same issue as me with getting invited to do the citizenship test twice:

I have successfully completed the citizenship test online in July (I was scheduled to take citizenship test online between June 24, 2021 and July 15, 2021). The status of the Citizenship test was updated to "Completed" on July 12.

However, on July 30, they updated the citizenship test status again back to In progress with the following message: "You've been scheduled to take citizenship test on August 30, 2021. Information and instructions will be sent to you. " I have not received any email/information about this second test invitation...

Everything else (language, presence, background, prohibitions) is completed.

I am quite confused about this. Could it be a confusion between online vs. in-person test? A bug in the system? Any advice about what I should do?

Location is Vancouver.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone else has encountered the same issue as me with getting invited to do the citizenship test twice:

I have successfully completed the citizenship test online in July (I was scheduled to take citizenship test online between June 24, 2021 and July 15, 2021). The status of the Citizenship test was updated to "Completed" on July 12.

However, on July 30, they updated the citizenship test status again back to In progress with the following message: "You've been scheduled to take citizenship test on August 30, 2021. Information and instructions will be sent to you. " I have not received any email/information about this second test invitation...

I am quite confused about this. Could it be a confusion between online vs. in-person test? A bug in the system? Any advice about what I should do?

Location is Vancouver.
Many people have reported this lately and this issue is most likely because of a bug. You can ignore this notification IMO.

Gavin67

Aug 6, 2021
Many people have reported this lately and this issue is most likely because of a bug. You can ignore this notification IMO.
Hi there it happened also to me. Citizenship test was in-progress to completed on July 12, 2021. But today August 6, 2021 the status of my citizenship test became in progress again and August 30, 2021 is my citizenship test. Saying also that I will be receiving an email BUT no email. This is totally unusual I hope this is only a GLITCH and error in system. Surrey office BC is my nearest IRCC.

Last edited:

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi there it happened also to me. Citizenship test was in-progress to completed on July 12, 2021. But today August 6, 2021 the status of my citizenship test became in progress again and August 30, 2021 is my citizenship test. Saying also that I will be receiving an email BUT no email. This is totally unusual I hope this is only a GLITS and error in system.
It most likely is a glitch. You don't have to sweat it IMO. Good luck!

hardayborlar

Jul 27, 2022
Hello everyone,

Location is Vancouver.
Hi just stumbled on this because I am in similar situation, though I passed the test on May 17 2022 but was never updated to completed. Saw a ghost update June 1st but nothing changed until today I got another test request without a mail.

please can you share what eventually happened with your application. I need this insight on nexts steps to take. Thanks

snasir123

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
Can you please update what did you do ? Are we supposed to take a new test ? I got the same issue with what you got. Should I call them should I wait or should I take the test again. I passed my first test though.

Please advise

snasir123

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
Hi just stumbled on this because I am in similar situation, though I passed the test on May 17 2022 but was never updated to completed. Saw a ghost update June 1st but nothing changed until today I got another test request without a mail.

please can you share what eventually happened with your application. I need this insight on nexts steps to take. Thanks
Can you please update what did you do ? Are we supposed to take a new test ? I got the same issue with what you got. Should I call them should I wait or should I take the test again. I passed my first test though.

Please advise

snasir123

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017

Please advise

snasir123

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
Hi there it happened also to me. Citizenship test was in-progress to completed on July 12, 2021. But today August 6, 2021 the status of my citizenship test became in progress again and August 30, 2021 is my citizenship test. Saying also that I will be receiving an email BUT no email. This is totally unusual I hope this is only a GLITCH and error in system. Surrey office BC is my nearest IRCC.

Please advise

Binabik

Star Member
Aug 15, 2017
Canada
A quick follow-up on this issue: I simply contacted IRCC (https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx) at the time, and they confirmed it was a glitch. They fixed the test status right away.

Quoting their answer:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have verified the information you provided and can confirm that the citizenship test request from August 6, 2021 was generated due to a clerical error.

Furthermore, we verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application to become a Canadian citizen (grant of citizenship) is still in process.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

MushiC

Nov 4, 2023

Please advise
Hello can you advised on what happened, I’m in the same situation right now. Thanks