+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

citizenship test results

cuban

Mar 8, 2012
Hello

I had my citizenship test on Nov 29th 2011, in Surrey, BC, how long it would take to get a oath letter? please anybody update on it, I am desperate, I am thinking taht maybe I did not pass the test however I now I did well, please help me!!!!!!!!!!!(almost 4 months.) Thanks.

Kazakhstan

Star Member
Jan 12, 2012
cuban said:
I am thinking taht maybe I did not pass the test
Please pick up the phone and call 1-888-242-2100. Push 1 - 3 and 0, speak to a call centre agent and ask them to give you the status of your citizenship application. Have your Client ID (found on your PR Card) handy. They will tell you whether you passed the test or not and what are the next steps for you. Do it now!!!

cuban

Mar 8, 2012
Hi Kazakhstan

Hello Kazakhstan,

Thank you for your reply, really appreciate it . I just saw your comment because I was at work, I will call tomorrow and I will let you know what they say.
Thank you again.

cuban

Mar 8, 2012
Hi Kazakhstan, I just call them and I still do not have any answer, the lady told me I have to wait to the end of may (6 months) , she said if I do not receive the letter before the end of may I have to call again, that is ridiculous, she says she does not have the results of my test.
I feel so bad about that, my mom is and old lady and is not doing well, I would like to visit her in my country but i do not want to leave canada just because I am waiting for my oath.

Anywy thank you again, at least I know now wat to do.

Kazakhstan

Star Member
Jan 12, 2012
cuban said:
I just call them and I still do not have any answer, the lady told me I have to wait to the end of may (6 months)
You are welcome. So, basically, your test paper hasn't been processed yet...

Must be very frustrating for you to wait for so long without knowing anything!!! Too bad the call centre wasn't of much help to you... From another thread, it seems Surrey office is seriously understaffed or something, reading the timelines from the Surrey thread here, that office is very very slow...

You can do two things.

1) Go to Surrey CIC office. Be as friendly and polite as you can, explain your situation (need to travel for a very important reason), and inquiry about the status of your citizenship case. Have your File and Client IDs with you shown in the citizenship test notice.

2) If it doesn't help, then:

When did you apply for citizenship? If it's been already more than 19 months since you've applied, then you can also send an inquiry to Jason Kenney, the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism. Below is his contact info. You can email and fax your inquiry. Of course, give all details about your case: your name, DOB, country of birth, address, Client ID, and all major stages with dates for your case and mention your latest phone call to CIC and what they told you. Be as concise as possible. In bold letters, please indicate the essense of your inquiry: "Please update me on the status of my case" and give a good substantiation for your inquiry - have an important family mater to take care of in your home country, or whatever else. So that they don't think you're just being impatient...

Processing time: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/cit-processing.asp

Email: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/minister/index.asp
Fax: http://www.parl.gc.ca/MembersOfParliament/ProfileMP.aspx?Key=170319&Language=E

If it's been less than 19 months, there's very little use in sending an inquiry, they'll just tell you "keep waiting", though you can try anyways... Bureaucracy... Be prepared to wait a long time for a reply from the Minister, if you'll receive it at all before hearing from Surrey CIC office.

cuban

Mar 8, 2012
Hi Kazakhstan,

Thank you for all the information. What I am going to do is wait until the end of March, and then I will go to Surrey Office in person to try to find out what is the status of my application. Yes, the office in Surrey works slow (it looks like).

I am very glad that I found this forum so we can share ours concerns. It is not easy to be an immigrant. I sent my application February 11, 20011, received the letter with the book march 5, and gave the test November 29 2011, so it is less than 19 months.

Again thank you for your help. I will keep in touch. Have a good day.
???

Kazakhstan

Star Member
Jan 12, 2012
cuban said:
It is not easy to be an immigrant.
True! But it's okay, it was our choice to come to this beautiful land of opportunity and even though it's tough sometimes, the good things overweight by a lot! :)

Soon this long-dragging nerve-racking 'waiting game' will be over for all of us, no more dealings with CIC for us personally. :) Just a little bit longer and that'll be it :)

Ex Dubai

Mar 6, 2012
Hello Cuban,

I gave my test on Nov. 8 2012 and call CIC today. They said the letter was mailed on 8th of March and we have our oath ceremony on Mar.22.

You might get yours by the end of the month. ;)

cuban

Mar 8, 2012
Hi everyone,

I received today the letter to take the oath, it will be abril 13. Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

manny79

Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I applied in April 2011, I gave my test on Jan 18th, 2012 at Surrey Central City and am waiting for my oath letter assuming everything went alrite. I am pretty sure I cleared the test. Just wanted to know whether any of you guys have a similar timeline and have received any responses from Citizenship and Immigration Canada?

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied and received letter dated Apr 19, took test jan 23..My test was super good so i m confident that i passed but still waiting...........................

Ex Dubai

Mar 6, 2012
Hello Mary and Manny, I gave my test on Nov. 8th. Received a letter on March 8th. Took my oath on Mar. 22. It was very exciting. Have patience, it will come through.

cuban

Mar 8, 2012
Hi Mary Chad, they told me the same when I called them and I received the letter already, do not worry, you have to wait about 4 month after the test.