+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test results, Edmonton Office

ERJOPA

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Carson..
When they asked you to read the prohibitions, did they tell you anything other than "read it and sign"?

The page of those prohibitions I got with my oath letter has omissions from the same prohibitions explained on their website and in the actual section itself.

CarsonYEG

Sep 23, 2015
Typically, they will tell you to read and sign the form. And, if any of the prohibitions apply to you, you shall notice them immediately.
Also, they asked if you had/have any problem with police. Other than those, nothing.
I didn't pay attention if there is any words about 'within 4 years of application'. They are almost the same as the forth page in the invitation letter.

ERJOPA said:
Carson..
When they asked you to read the prohibitions, did they tell you anything other than "read it and sign"?

The page of those prohibitions I got with my oath letter has omissions from the same prohibitions explained on their website and in the actual section itself.

mamad604

Nov 12, 2014
FYI

Just came back from applying for my passport. They were surprised to find my name in the system, because I just got my citizenship yesterday, even the lady put a smiley face on my application next to the validation date of the citizenship certificate.

For express passport application, you don't need 4 references, as some people said on the forum, just the 2 on the application. It should be ready for pick up Friday.

ERJOPA

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Thats what I thought, Carson.

I, myself, am not under any prohibitions, but it seemed interesting that they would omit some wording on a document for us to read when it needs to be like it says on their website and in the act itself.

Also, on their instructions (on their website) it says (when checking us in)...

"Ensure candidates confirm that they are not subject to any criminal or immigration proceedings since the filing of their Application for Canadian Citizenship by signing the “Prohibitions” section of the Oath of Citizenship form [CIT 0049] before the start of the ceremony."......which is probably why the omitted some of the wording...they assume we know the rules as well.

oh well...after my oath on thursday, it won't matter :)

asagalen

May 22, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 18, 2010
AOR Received.
April 3,2010
Med's Request
April 3, 2010
Med's Done....
April 14, 2010
Passport Req..
May 21, 2010/Ecas: DM June 23 2010
VISA ISSUED...
July 14, 2010
LANDED..........
july 17, 2010
andrew7007 said:
Any March applicants getting oath invites here in Edmonton?
Hi andrew,

My uncle is april 2015 applicant he will have his oath on Dec 15,

FAAMS

Aug 13, 2015
asagalen said:
Hi andrew,

My uncle is april 2015 applicant he will have his oath on Dec 15,
Congratulations for your uncle. Do you remember when he had his test or interview?

asagalen

May 22, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 18, 2010
AOR Received.
April 3,2010
Med's Request
April 3, 2010
Med's Done....
April 14, 2010
Passport Req..
May 21, 2010/Ecas: DM June 23 2010
VISA ISSUED...
July 14, 2010
LANDED..........
july 17, 2010
FAAMS said:
Congratulations for your uncle. Do you remember when he had his test or interview?
Hi FAAMS,

He had the Test and Interview on september 22.

petroski

Dec 3, 2015
Hi there,
my wife and I took the test last week 11/27/15, we both passed and had after the interview with the office went really good (was our perception).
today I checked the eCAS and surprise me that she has "Decision Made" and mine is stil "In Process", which is weird to me because we were both in the folder and applied as a family...
any ideas?
thanks

ERJOPA

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
I am now done as of Dec 3rd.

I took my oath along with 100 other applicants in The Art Gallery.

I also saw this: Before they asked us to stand for the oath, an applicant had a very fussy child and had to leave temporarily to quiet the child down. She was still not at her seat when the oath was taken (she may have taken it in the back of the venue), but, unlike the stories here in this forum before the change of government (like not receiving the certificate because of a bathroom break, etc), she was allowed to receive her certificate(and her child's too).

So, maybe there is a light going forward, and no more fear in the process.

That is good for so many going forward.

Thanks to all :)

FAAMS

Aug 13, 2015
ERJOPA said:
I am now done as of Dec 3rd.

I took my oath along with 100 other applicants in The Art Gallery.

I also saw this: Before they asked us to stand for the oath, an applicant had a very fussy child and had to leave temporarily to quiet the child down. She was still not at her seat when the oath was taken (she may have taken it in the back of the venue), but, unlike the stories here in this forum before the change of government (like not receiving the certificate because of a bathroom break, etc), she was allowed to receive her certificate(and her child's too).

So, maybe there is a light going forward, and no more fear in the process.

That is good for so many going forward.

Thanks to all :)
Congratulations and wish you best of luck as a Canadian citizen