+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test results, Edmonton Office

ERJOPA

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Ding dong!

Edmonton Calling!

Ecas update....Dec 3rd at that hideous art gallery for Oath.

Exactly three months from Decision Made.

FAAMS

Aug 13, 2015
andrew7007 said:
Congrats to all the new Citizens and Oath inviter recepients! Mera number kab aayega?
Any news for Edmonton?
I have a friend who applied in January 2015 and his oath was scheduled for December 17, then CIC called him and said ok we changed it to November 30.I think they didn't have enough people to attend on December 17.

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since there was not posts in this thread so just to keep the thread up I did that post Wes.

FAAMS said:
Any news for Edmonton?
I have a friend who applied in January 2015 and his oath was scheduled for December 17, then CIC called him and said ok we changed it to November 30.I think they didn't have enough people to attend on December 17.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
FAAMS said:
Any news for Edmonton?
Thats very good...lucky

Reactions: dude123

ERJOPA

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Interesting tidbit here....

I got 4 pages in my oath letter....3 (including what to bring and one page that asks me to look at what circumstances could prohibit me from the oath) which are pretty standard....however....the 4th page had the same circumstances listed on their website (listed on page 2 for me to look up before I come to the oath ceremony) only without the "within 4 years of application" wording on some prohibitions....which could be confusing to some oath takers.

is that 4th page an update we knew nothing about, or is it just the same conditions within the last 4 years (as listed after June 11 on their website)?

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for sharing the info. Congrats for the oath.
ERJOPA said:
Interesting tidbit here....

I got 4 pages in my oath letter....3 (including what to bring and one page that asks me to look at what circumstances could prohibit me from the oath) which are pretty standard....however....the 4th page had the same circumstances listed on their website (listed on page 2 for me to look up before I come to the oath ceremony) only without the "within 4 years of application" wording on some prohibitions....which could be confusing to some oath takers.

is that 4th page an update we knew nothing about, or is it just the same conditions within the last 4 years (as listed after June 11 on their website)?

mamad604

Nov 12, 2014
12 Years and 10 Month and this morning, I'm a proud Canadian.

FYI, I think how fast you can apply for your passport after the Oath, depends on the day and the officer. I was asked if I will be travelling in the next 2 weeks, I said "No" so they took my PR and told me " From this moment you are a Canadian citizen and don't need your PR card any more". During the Oath we were told that if anyone wants to apply for a passport they should wait for at least 3 days.

Just before the ceremony starts, I got an email that I might have a meeting in Houston by the end of the week or next week and I should be ready to travel. After the Oath, I talked to the officer and she said I should be OK to try to apply for the passport this afternoon or tomorrow morning, but will be an expedite passport application, though.

mamad604

Nov 12, 2014
Not sure if I will need 2 or 4 references for the express passport application. In the forum I saw people saying you need 4 for the express application, but I called passport Canada and they said only 2 is needed for any application.

So not sure.

CarsonYEG

Sep 23, 2015
Did the oath on Nov.24th. Finally have some time to come back for a post here.
The whole ceremony was quite fast. We arrived there at about 10:50 (letter said 11:00), everyone was waiting in the hall. Then, at 11:00, the CIC officers started to check papers. There is a number (in the box with your name and address) on the letter which will be your seat number, and you also line up according to this number. Someone told me about that number so I was almost the first to get into the room.
You need to read the document about prohibitions mentioned in ERJOPA's post, and sign the form to declare that you have red and understand the documents. Also, you have to gave back the signed form about image taking(to say you agree to be imaged or something). They will check your landing paper(will gave it back, keep this document as you will need it when you apply for OAS). They will also take away your PR card at the same time. If you need to travel within two weeks, let the officer know at this time(They will ask).
Then at about 12:00 (11:56 :p), when they finished checking the documents, the ceremony started.
The whole process took about 1 hour. We didn't get extra time for imaging after the ceremony(because there is another ceremony following). We had to take images while receiving the certification. There were total 93 new citizens in my ceremony.
Totally, 11 months from the application, not bad.
Wish everyone good luck!