+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test results, Edmonton Office

CarsonYEG

Sep 23, 2015
;D You are always here.

My oath should be the 12:00pm one, although the letter says 11:00am.

Just wondering if I shall take my daughter (7 years old) to the oath, she also got the letter. But I think she doesn't have to be there, according to the information I got from webs.

wes786 said:
Location: • Art Gallery of Alberta Address: 2 Winston Churchill Square N.W.
Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 2C1 Date: Wednesday November 04, 2015 Time: 9:15 AM Open to the public: Yes

Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 2C1 Date: Wednesday November 04, 2015 Time: 2:30 PM Open to the public: Yes

Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 2C1 Date: Monday November 09, 2015 Time: 9:15 AM Open to the public: Yes

Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 2C1 Date: Monday November 09, 2015 Time: 12:00 PM Open to the public: Yes

Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 2C1 Date: Monday November 09, 2015 Time: 2:30 PM Open to the public: Yes

Location: • Citizenship and Immigration Canada -Ceremony Room Address: 9700 Jasper Avenue - Suite 240 Canada Place
Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4C3 Date: Thursday November 12, 2015 Time: 9:15 AM Open to the public: Yes

Location: • Citizenship and Immigration Canada -Ceremony Room Address: 9700 Jasper Avenue - Suite 240 Canada Place
Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4C3 Date: Thursday November 12, 2015 Time: 12:00 PM Open to the public: Yes

Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4C3 Date: Thursday November 12, 2015 Time: 2:30 PM Open to the public: Yes

Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 2C1 Date: Tuesday November 24, 2015 Time: 9:15 AM Open to the public: Yes

Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 2C1 Date: Tuesday November 24, 2015 Time: 12:00 PM Open to the public: Yes

Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 2C1 Date: Tuesday November 24, 2015 Time: 2:30 PM Open to the public: Yes

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
CarsonYEG said:
;D You are always here.

My oath should be the 12:00pm one, although the letter says 11:00am.

Just wondering if I shall take my daughter (7 years old) to the oath, she also got the letter. But I think she doesn't have to be there, according to the information I got from webs.
According to CIC:

"Who must go?

Adults and children aged 14 or over must go to the citizenship ceremony and take the oath.

Parents will get certificates of citizenship for their children under age 14. Children under age 14 do not have to go, but they are welcome to do so."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/cit-ceremony.asp

Personally, I think you should take her. It will be a good experience for her to see and feel proud of once she gets older :D

ERJOPA

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
It's getting more sadder...

Only 3 ceremonies in one day a week now for EDM.
Also, the ceremony for Red Deer (close to my home) is now off the table.

These two items have made my Canadian family (all Canadians by birth) very angry. While I am resigned to wait (and wait....and wait....and wait...), they have told me "you are technically a citizen (being a decision has been made) so you should have the right to demand to have your oath."

Every step of this process has made someone angry (family, CIC, or otherwise).

So much for being a "positive experience" as I was lead to initially believe.

CarsonYEG

Sep 23, 2015
That's what I was thinking about. But I will nee to find someone to take care of her in case things goes wrong since I cannot leave the room (technically, she could leave the room). It will be great if the oaths are on weekends, then no problem to find helps. :) Any way, we will figure it out.

wes786 said:
According to CIC:

"Who must go?

Adults and children aged 14 or over must go to the citizenship ceremony and take the oath.

Parents will get certificates of citizenship for their children under age 14. Children under age 14 do not have to go, but they are welcome to do so."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/cit-ceremony.asp

Personally, I think you should take her. It will be a good experience for her to see and feel proud of once she gets older :D

CarsonYEG

Sep 23, 2015
Don't be sad. You will get it soon.
Before, you never know when next step will happen and how long you are going to wait. Now, there is at least a one year time line.
Just think about it, you already have the PR, you won't lose anything. Compare to those people who waited 7, 8 years for PR and got their unopened applications returned, everything is better now.

ERJOPA said:
It's getting more sadder...

Only 3 ceremonies in one day a week now for EDM.
Also, the ceremony for Red Deer (close to my home) is now off the table.

These two items have made my Canadian family (all Canadians by birth) very angry. While I am resigned to wait (and wait....and wait....and wait...), they have told me "you are technically a citizen (being a decision has been made) so you should have the right to demand to have your oath."

Every step of this process has made someone angry (family, CIC, or otherwise).

So much for being a "positive experience" as I was lead to initially believe.

mamad604

Nov 12, 2014
My statues updated today to:

We sent you a notice on November 6, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on November 30, 2015 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment.

Took 6 weeks for DM and 2 weeks after DM.

Almost there after 12 years and 10 month in Canada ;D.

My timeline.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 8, 2014.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 8, 2014.
We started processing your application on July 11, 2014.
We sent you a notice on July 2, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 20, 2015 at 12:50 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
We sent you a notice on November 6, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on November 30, 2015 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
mamad604 said:
My statues updated today to:

We sent you a notice on November 6, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on November 30, 2015 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment.

Took 6 weeks for DM and 2 weeks after DM.

Almost there after 12 years and 10 month in Canada ;D.

My timeline.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 8, 2014.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 8, 2014.
We started processing your application on July 11, 2014.
We sent you a notice on July 2, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 20, 2015 at 12:50 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
We sent you a notice on November 6, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on November 30, 2015 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Congratulations!!! :)

Edmonton 88

Aug 12, 2015
congratulations everyone , but I'm so upset about what's going on to CIC , I have decision made since August 17, 2015 and I still waiting for my ceremony !!!! My test was August 13, 2015 so I got decision made after 4 days and actually was afte one day because test was Thursday and decision was Monday witches Saturday and Sunday don't account , can anyone answer me plz , thanks guys

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We did our test on Aug 31 and yet waiting for a DM. I guess Edmonton CIC is going the date we applied on. So earlier applicants are getting oat in chronological order of date of application.
Edmonton 88 said:
congratulations everyone , but I'm so upset about what's going on to CIC , I have decision made since August 17, 2015 and I still waiting for my ceremony !!!! My test was August 13, 2015 so I got decision made after 4 days and actually was afte one day because test was Thursday and decision was Monday witches Saturday and Sunday don't account , can anyone answer me plz , thanks guys

Edmonton 88

Aug 12, 2015
andrew7007 said:
We did our test on Aug 31 and yet waiting for a DM. I guess Edmonton CIC is going the date we applied on. So earlier applicants are getting oat in chronological order of date of application.
Well I applied February 8, 2015 , but I'm so wondering about it and in same time lets hope . thanks man

RajevSantik

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Edmonton 88 said:
Well I applied February 8, 2015 , but I'm so wondering about it and in same time lets hope . thanks man
I think the Oath also related to PR expiry date... just though..

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think so. When we applied in March 2015 all our family PR had expired 6 months ago and we did not renew them.
RajevSantik said:

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
RajevSantik said:
andrew7007 said:
I don't think so. When we applied in March 2015 all our family PR had expired 6 months ago and we did not renew them.
I don't think the citizenship process has anything to do with PR card expiry. However, I do believe they look at the citizenship application date.

What I have observed (according to this forum) is that new cases are taking a little bit less time, and that could be because of the new timelines on CIC website. Anybody who applied before April 2015, they have to finish their processing before March 2016. And applications submitted after April 2015 will be done is 12 months or less. So Most applications from 2014 are now being looked at first. The earlier files have mostly been completed and the 2014 late cases are now either waiting for oath or have their oath scheduled already (except the non routine cases).

My neighbor who applied in June 2015 had his test already on October 19th. I believe they have a different pile for applications submitted after April 2015.

asagalen

May 22, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 18, 2010
AOR Received.
April 3,2010
Med's Request
April 3, 2010
Med's Done....
April 14, 2010
Passport Req..
May 21, 2010/Ecas: DM June 23 2010
VISA ISSUED...
July 14, 2010
LANDED..........
july 17, 2010
Hi All,

I am now a proud Canadian!!! had my Oath yesterday!!! ;D 8)

Good Luck to everyone!