+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test results, Edmonton Office

CarsonYEG

Sep 23, 2015
Thanks. They probably will update it during the weekend (Maybe some kind of automatic process), almost all my updates were on weekends. But this is the first time I receive the letter in mail before ECAS update. Any way, it's not important now.
The oath will be at 11:00; looks like I will have to ask for a full day off from my boss.

wes786 said:
Nice!! Congratulations!!!
e-CAS will be updated soon, but who cares? You have the letter in hands ;D 8)

ERJOPA

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Congrats CarsonYEG.

You probably had your passport stamps and had a nice office for an interview.

I passed the test almost a month before you and still no word on an oath...I guess making me wait is punishment for no passport stamps. Its making my wife and her side of the family (all Canadians) a bit grumpy.

ERJOPA

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Sorry.. I meant to say nice officer...not office....because my interview was not good, and my interviewer tried to make me regret my only visit to the States.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
ERJOPA said:
Congrats CarsonYEG.

I passed the test almost a month before you and still no word on an oath...I guess making me wait is punishment for no passport stamps. Its making my wife and her side of the family (all Canadians) a bit grumpy.
My wife was also missing her stamps coming back from the States. Luckily though, she had a nice officer, he took copies of all of her passports to verify. Test was on Aug 7th, and decision was made on Aug 27th so I believe he checked and got what he needed in 3 weeks. I am sure it will be ok for your as well. If you want you can apply online for the CBSA travel history report through ATIP. It includes all the entries to Canada, just in case you want it for your records and for the future. I applied for it online and it took about 30 days to arrive in the mail. Below is the link. Good Luck!

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

ERJOPA

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Actually, I did do that. I had a report. But when I gave it to the surly officer, I was told it was "out of date" and that i would be lucky to get an oath date "before January"...all because she had to do an extra step and verify my only trip...back in 2011.

Maybe that's why I am waiting longer....making them actually do some work.

Test passed - 8/28
DM - 9/4

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
ERJOPA said:
Actually, I did do that. I had a report. But when I gave it to the surly officer, I was told it was "out of date" and that i would be lucky to get an oath date "before January"...all because she had to do an extra step and verify my only trip...back in 2011.

Maybe that's why I am waiting longer....making them actually do some work.

Test passed - 8/28
DM - 9/4
Oh so your decision has been made. Don't worry then, you are just in the que for Oath schedule now. I would say expect in late Nov if not then December.

CarsonYEG

Sep 23, 2015
I didn't travel too much. Only one short trap to US and one trap back to home country. Yes, all the traps are well stamped. I almost missed the stamp when came back from US, but I finally get it stamped. So there was no problem for the passport stamps. I translated all the no English stamps into English, but the interview officer said he didn't need translation as he can read all the dates clearly.
Yes, the interview officer was very nice. My whole interview was only about 5 min. He only checked the landing paper, PR card and passport. Asked several questions about my work, family. I applied for my daughter at the same time and he didn't check anything about her.

If there is missing stamp, CIC will need to check the CBSA record which will take more time (wondering why didn't they do that earlier). But as long as all the dates are verifiable, you should not have any problem. In your case, you finally got the DM.

ERJOPA said:
Congrats CarsonYEG.

social w

Nov 5, 2011
hey ,
i am a june 2015 candidate and gave my test on 26 Dec. My ecase shows decision made. What is the wait time for oath from decision made? I have to travel to my home country. Can you please guide?

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
social w said:
hey ,
i am a june 2015 candidate and gave my test on 26 Dec. My ecase shows decision made. What is the wait time for oath from decision made? I have to travel to my home country. Can you please guide?
You mean June 2014 because you say test was on Dec 26?

The time for oath from decision made is very inconsistent. I have seen most cases from early and mid 2014 already have their oaths and now late 2014 and early 2015 cases are getting oath letters. So expect it soon!

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After your tests the officer says we can expect oath between 2 to 4 months. I called up CIC and the guy says it might even take 6 months from test date. Are these guys not trained or information not being shared?

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
andrew7007 said:
After your tests the officer says we can expect oath between 2 to 4 months. I called up CIC and the guy says it might even take 6 months from test date. Are these guys not trained or information not being shared?
Don't trust what CIC call center agents tell you. They are absolutely unreliable, waste of our tax dollars and a useless department in CIC. I am not saying all of them, but a good 90% of them are useless.

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Absolutely brother. After waiting 2 months after my tests, my curiosity got the better of my common sense and hence I made that call just to regret the feedback. This inefficient aspect of CIC has to be brought to the notice of the relevant authorities so that future applicants get reliable and quality feedback rather than anxious moments.
wes786 said:
Don't trust what CIC call center agents tell you. They are absolutely unreliable, waste of our tax dollars and a useless department in CIC. I am not saying all of them, but a good 90% of them are useless.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Location: • Art Gallery of Alberta Address: 2 Winston Churchill Square N.W.
Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 2C1 Date: Wednesday November 04, 2015 Time: 9:15 AM Open to the public: Yes

Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 2C1 Date: Wednesday November 04, 2015 Time: 2:30 PM Open to the public: Yes

Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 2C1 Date: Monday November 09, 2015 Time: 9:15 AM Open to the public: Yes

Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 2C1 Date: Monday November 09, 2015 Time: 12:00 PM Open to the public: Yes

Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 2C1 Date: Monday November 09, 2015 Time: 2:30 PM Open to the public: Yes

Location: • Citizenship and Immigration Canada -Ceremony Room Address: 9700 Jasper Avenue - Suite 240 Canada Place
Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4C3 Date: Thursday November 12, 2015 Time: 9:15 AM Open to the public: Yes

Location: • Citizenship and Immigration Canada -Ceremony Room Address: 9700 Jasper Avenue - Suite 240 Canada Place
Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4C3 Date: Thursday November 12, 2015 Time: 12:00 PM Open to the public: Yes

Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4C3 Date: Thursday November 12, 2015 Time: 2:30 PM Open to the public: Yes

Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 2C1 Date: Tuesday November 24, 2015 Time: 9:15 AM Open to the public: Yes

Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 2C1 Date: Tuesday November 24, 2015 Time: 12:00 PM Open to the public: Yes

Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 2C1 Date: Tuesday November 24, 2015 Time: 2:30 PM Open to the public: Yes