+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test results, Edmonton Office

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
ERJOPA said:
It figures...

My DM was Sept 4th and i still am waiting for oath...

I am starting to regret my travel to my fathers funeral in 2011 in the US. It's what made my interviewer cranky and inhuman and probably why I will wait even longer...just so the CIC can make a point.
My decision was made on Aug 27th, and I think you are really close to the oath invitation. Your decision has been made already, so its just a matter of getting your number in the queue to be scheduled for the oath. Don't worry, you will hear something soon.

Don't regret your travel to your father's funeral you did the right thing.

money

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
File Transfer...
Processing Started:04-03-2015
Interview........
17-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Oath Date : Nov 12, 2015
wes786 said:
I will be the guest! :D

My wife is actually becoming a citizen! :)

My time same as your time line and I did my test on Aug17 .... no update yet :eek: ???

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
money said:
My time same as your time line and I did my test on Aug17 .... no update yet :eek: ???
Actually you are exactly 10 days behind me, I filed on Dec 8th, and the exam was on Aug 7th. So wait 10 days and see if you get any update :)

Has your status changed to Decision Made yet?

SMMH

Oct 22, 2015
Hello everyone,

This is my second post in this forum. Below is my timeline:

March 4, 2015 - Eligible to apply for citizenship
March 5, 2015 - Sent application using Xpresspost Courier
March 9, 2015 - Items reached Sydney, NS, successfully
March 24, 2015 - Acknowledge receipt of application email from CIC
May 19, 2015 - Application process started
June 11, 2015 - File transferred to local office (Edmonton?). Waiting for office to contact me.
October 7, 2015 - Notice sent for citizenship test scheduled for October 22 at 12.27 PM

I finished my test today and passed with a score of 20/20. I had a very smooth interview where my passport, driver's license, health card, PR Card, and Document of PR/ Document of Landing were asked. She asked also asked me about my family members living in Canada, and my present employer and job. That is it. Everything under 15 minutes. I was asked to sign 2 documents - first one was me declaring that I do not have a criminal/terrorist/army/military record in/out-side of Canada, the second document was covered but I was told to sign it as I am declaring that I have answered all the questions truthfully.

But there is one thing that bothered me and I wonder if someone here can shed light upon this, as Im a very detailed/ analytical kind of person. At the end of the interview, the lady said the following "I will do a final review of your file before I approve it. Then you will expect an oath invitation letter in 2-4 months".

The words final review bothered me as Im exhausted with this whole process. Why couldn't she approve it on the spot? Do others also get this 'pending final approval' statement? Am I getting bothered for no reason?

Goodluck to everyone else, and as an encouragement I have been trying to get citizenship since 2003 when I was 13 years old. So hang in there like I have.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
SMMH said:
Hello everyone,

This is my second post in this forum. Below is my timeline:

March 4, 2015 - Eligible to apply for citizenship
March 5, 2015 - Sent application using Xpresspost Courier
March 9, 2015 - Items reached Sydney, NS, successfully
March 24, 2015 - Acknowledge receipt of application email from CIC
May 19, 2015 - Application process started
June 11, 2015 - File transferred to local office (Edmonton?). Waiting for office to contact me.
October 7, 2015 - Notice sent for citizenship test scheduled for October 22 at 12.27 PM

I finished my test today and passed with a score of 20/20. I had a very smooth interview where my passport, driver's license, health card, PR Card, and Document of PR/ Document of Landing were asked. She asked also asked me about my family members living in Canada, and my present employer and job. That is it. Everything under 15 minutes. I was asked to sign 2 documents - first one was me declaring that I do not have a criminal/terrorist/army/military record in/out-side of Canada, the second document was covered but I was told to sign it as I am declaring that I have answered all the questions truthfully.

But there is one thing that bothered me and I wonder if someone here can shed light upon this, as Im a very detailed/ analytical kind of person. At the end of the interview, the lady said the following "I will do a final review of your file before I approve it. Then you will expect an oath invitation letter in 2-4 months".

The words final review bothered me as Im exhausted with this whole process. Why couldn't she approve it on the spot? Do others also get this 'pending final approval' statement? Am I getting bothered for no reason?

Goodluck to everyone else, and as an encouragement I have been trying to get citizenship since 2003 when I was 13 years old. So hang in there like I have.

That's a common statement from the CIC officers for most of us....Nothing to worry about!

Keep checking your online status, once the status changes to 'decision made' from 'in process'; everything is approved and you are in que for the oath schedule. Normally the status changes within a week after giving test if everything is good with the file...

By the way, seems like the Edmonton office has picked up the pace. My neighbor applied in June 2015 and his test was on Monday. I was surprised, but I see your's is not bad either. You applied in March and got the test done already.

What was your situation? You said you are trying to become a citizen since 2003? That's a long way. Care to share?

Ed.Al

Oct 7, 2015
wes786
Congratulation!!! I always read your posts and can feel how you were waiting for your Oath. Also, I see that you always give positive quotes to people who are waiting for a process. Wish you enjoy the rest journey of your life as a Canadian Citizen.
May you give me your advice? I was applying the end of Oct. 2015 which they returned back my documents because of their mistake that they didn't see the copy of birth certificate of my daughter which was between the documents and asked for it again. Anyway, I sent it back again and it was on my e-cas that they received my documents on Dec15, 2014, and they transfered my file to local office on March 09, 2015. After that there is no news. No test invitation. Should I call them?... They mentioned on their website that it may take till March 2016!!!!!!!
And as you told your neighbour applied on June and got test invitation for next few days, I think there should be something wrong with my file. :-[

money

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
File Transfer...
Interview........
17-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
wes786 said:
Actually you are exactly 10 days behind me, I filed on Dec 8th, and the exam was on Aug 7th. So wait 10 days and see if you get any update :)

Has your status changed to Decision Made yet?
Yes status updated to Decision made after the 3 days from the test but many of my friends who gave the test after me got the Oath date as well. I am bit confused :eek: :-\

Thanks

money

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
File Transfer...
Interview........
17-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
After long waiting of 2 months 7 days .... Just saw the update on e-cas, Oath Invitation letter has been sent on Oct 21 and waiting to receive the Letter :) :eek: .... Thanks everyone and specially Wes786.. this forum was so helpful :) ;)

Time Lines:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 18, 2014.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 18, 2015.
We started processing your application on March 4, 2015.
We sent you a notice on July 27, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 17, 2015 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
We sent you a notice on October 21, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on November 12, 2015 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
money said:
Yes status updated to Decision made after the 3 days from the test but many of my friends who gave the test after me got the Oath date as well. I am bit confused :eek: :-\

Thanks
Those applicants may have applied before you, that's what I have observed. Now they seem to be working on Nov/Dec applications...

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
money said:
After long waiting of 2 months 7 days .... Just saw the update on e-cas, Oath Invitation letter has been sent on Oct 21 and waiting to receive the Letter :) :eek: .... Thanks everyone and specially Wes786.. this forum was so helpful :) ;)

Time Lines:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 18, 2014.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 18, 2015.
We started processing your application on March 4, 2015.
We sent you a notice on July 27, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 17, 2015 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
We sent you a notice on October 21, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on November 12, 2015 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Congratulations! and thanks for the kind words! :)

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Ed.Al said:
wes786
Congratulation!!! I always read your posts and can feel how you were waiting for your Oath. Also, I see that you always give positive quotes to people who are waiting for a process. Wish you enjoy the rest journey of your life as a Canadian Citizen.
May you give me your advice? I was applying the end of Oct. 2015 which they returned back my documents because of their mistake that they didn't see the copy of birth certificate of my daughter which was between the documents and asked for it again. Anyway, I sent it back again and it was on my e-cas that they received my documents on Dec15, 2014, and they transfered my file to local office on March 09, 2015. After that there is no news. No test invitation. Should I call them?... They mentioned on their website that it may take till March 2016!!!!!!!
And as you told your neighbour applied on June and got test invitation for next few days, I think there should be something wrong with my file. :-[
Thank Ed.Al for your best wishes and kind words. Just so know, the oath ceremony is for my wife who is becoming a new citizen. I am a long time Canadian citizen...:)

As for your case, I think you should give them a call first to see if they can tell you something, if not then order GCMS notes through ATIP to see what is going on. You should've at least received a test invite. But, because your file is a family package, they might still be doing background checks and other internal process...

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

locker94

Aug 25, 2015
I would like to share my timeline

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 19, 2014.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 19, 2015.
3.We started processing your application on March 5, 2015.
4.We sent you a notice on July 27, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 13, 2015 at 8:28 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
5.We sent you a notice on October 21, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on November 12, 2015 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

asagalen

May 22, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 18, 2010
AOR Received.
April 3,2010
Med's Request
April 3, 2010
Med's Done....
April 14, 2010
Passport Req..
May 21, 2010/Ecas: DM June 23 2010
VISA ISSUED...
July 14, 2010
LANDED..........
july 17, 2010
locker94 said:
I would like to share my timeline

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 19, 2014.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 19, 2015.
3.We started processing your application on March 5, 2015.
4.We sent you a notice on July 27, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 13, 2015 at 8:28 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
5.We sent you a notice on October 21, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on November 12, 2015 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Wow congratss!!!! what about me? :'( we have similar timelines
when did you get that line 5? just now?

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 10, 2014.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 24, 2015.
We started processing your application on March 2, 2015.
We sent you a notice on July 27, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 12, 2015 at 8:25 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

RajevSantik

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wes786 said:
Nice congrats!!! what time does it show on yours? 8:15 for me
today i found two lines

"We sent you a notice on October 19, 2015...."
"We sent you a notice on October 21, 2015...."

Same day, same time though