+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test results, Edmonton Office

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Congrats to all the oath takers! I hope I receive mine in this upcoming october schedules...lots of ceremonies!

Canadafrenzy

Star Member
Aug 18, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lenium said:
Hi, I finally took my oath yesterday and became Canadian! :p

There were 94 candidates at our ceremony. There were two ceremonies scheduled for yesterday, so I would say in total 200 people got their citizenship yesterday.
Hey Lenium,

Congrats for becoming a Canadian.
I'm having my oath ceremony on October 6th and trying to figure out how the whole process works.

So can you share some details about your ceremony experience? Things like where was it held, total time it took you from start to finsh, and approxinately how many people attended.

I'd really appreciate your reply.

buzz123

Mar 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It seems like the Edmonton office has finally ended their drought of citizenship ceremonies. No update on ECAS yet at my end. Wonder how long it will take before I'm called to attend a ceremony.

abdul560

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
ALBERTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
buzz123 said:
It seems like the Edmonton office has finally ended their drought of citizenship ceremonies. No update on ECAS yet at my end. Wonder how long it will take before I'm called to attend a ceremony.
this is frustrating :mad: , i start to worry from my end after i saw canadafrenzy who applied on december2014 having oath on october 6th .

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Calm down and patience buddy. I understand its frustrating. Call them up and see what they say. All the best and cheer up.

abdul560 said:
this is frustrating :mad: , i start to worry from my end after i saw canadafrenzy who applied on december2014 having oath on october 6th .

abdul560

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
ALBERTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
andrew7007 said:
Calm down and patience buddy. I understand its frustrating. Call them up and see what they say. All the best and cheer up.
trust me i have been patient so far.
its just the fact that i will soon go out of the country for a famiily visit that is why i am stressed about this .

Valhalla

Star Member
May 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May/12/2011
LANDED..........
AUG/23/2012
mamunkanak said:
Hey Guys,

I have a question, during the interview (after the citizenship test) I was asked to sign the page where the officer took notes but he covered it up so that I can't see what his notes say, is it natural? Did any of you have the same experience?

Thanks a lot

Same happened to me too, few days after got Decision Made on eCas, pretty normal i would say...

CarsonYEG

Sep 23, 2015
mamunkanak said:
Hey Guys,

I have a question, during the interview (after the citizenship test) I was asked to sign the page where the officer took notes but he covered it up so that I can't see what his notes say, is it natural? Did any of you have the same experience?

Thanks a lot
Maybe depends on the officer. I think everybody will need to sign the form. My officer didn't cover anything, he even pointed out the notes to me. But I can remember that more than one members of this forum said that it was covered by the officer.

Rishka

Nov 24, 2014
My timeline

Single Application,Edmonton
Citizenship App rec'd: Oct.6, 2014
AOR via Email: Nov.20, 2014
Drc.17, 2014: File Transferred to Edmonton (line disappeared)
Test Date: waiting
Oath date: waiting

Am I only one who is waiting for the test from last year?

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
mamunkanak said:
Hey Guys,

Thanks a lot
CarsonYEG said:
Maybe depends on the officer. I think everybody will need to sign the form. My officer didn't cover anything, he even pointed out the notes to me. But I can remember that more than one members of this forum said that it was covered by the officer.
Thats correc! Few other members experienced the same thing, however, my wife did not have to sign anything at the end of the interview....

ERJOPA

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Not only did I have to sign a paper (that she hid the contents of from me), the officer also asked questions that were straight from the RQ (like, how long have you worked, any close relatives in your former country, is my wife Canadian, ect, ect, ect). It made me wonder if she was going to issue me an RQ, but she didn't, and then proceded to admonish me for not having any passport stamps.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
ERJOPA said:
Not only did I have to sign a paper (that she hid the contents of from me), the officer also asked questions that were straight from the RQ (like, how long have you worked, any close relatives in your former country, is my wife Canadian, ect, ect, ect). It made me wonder if she was going to issue me an RQ, but she didn't, and then proceded to admonish me for not having any passport stamps.
My wife was also asked those questions, I am sure those are pretty general questions for most of the applicants during interview.

mrmaz

Nov 14, 2012
Hi every one!
Just wanna update i got oath letter today for 15th October.My timeline is
Applied Sept 2014
Test Aug 5,2015
Decision Made Aug 7,2015
oath Letter:Sept 23,2015.
Oath:15th October,2015.

thanks.