+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test results, Edmonton Office

RajevSantik

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ERJOPA said:
For those who took their test between 8/26 and 9/7 in Edmonton, and have there eCAS changed to "decision made", have any of you got your oath letter yet? Or do you think that the will dump us all into the ceremonies scheduled for their "Citizenship week" to show the public how many they are accepting, while not telling the public how long they delay the oath for such occasions...
Nothing here, however, I wouldn't relay on the "Citizenship week" even i hope to get my Oath soon, but I expect to get Oath by Nov/Dec timeframe (hopefully) ... maybe i am pessimistic but this is based on what i saw in this forum....

KHALED M

Mar 26, 2013
I did the test on March 2013 and I have passed the test,but unfortunately the office asked me to fill the forms RQ to proof of my physical presence in Canada which I did on March 2013,till date I didn't receive any update from CIC office.
45 months passed from the day I submitted my citizenship application and I am still counting for the oath .
anyone same as my case and why all of such delays?

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
mamad604 said:
Guys,

If you go and look for new ceremony dates you will find that now AB has 5 cities where ceremonies are held where it used to be only Edmonton and Calgary. This is a good sign as I think they want to finish up the backlog for AB. Everyone who had his/her test will be done before the elections, I think and hope too :).

Don't worry you will be Canadian sometime soon.
Also noticed!!! That's a good sign...

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
ERJOPA said:
For those who took their test between 8/26 and 9/7 in Edmonton, and have there eCAS changed to "decision made", have any of you got your oath letter yet? Or do you think that the will dump us all into the ceremonies scheduled for their "Citizenship week" to show the public how many they are accepting, while not telling the public how long they delay the oath for such occasions...
Test Aug 7th
Decision made Aug 27
waiting for oath

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you should have called CIC a long time ago and told them your case. Not normal.

KHALED M said:
I did the test on March 2013 and I have passed the test,but unfortunately the office asked me to fill the forms RQ to proof of my physical presence in Canada which I did on March 2013,till date I didn't receive any update from CIC office.
45 months passed from the day I submitted my citizenship application and I am still counting for the oath .
anyone same as my case and why all of such delays?

josemulino

Feb 10, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-11-2007
tunshah said:
looks like no oath ceremonies in september in edmonton :(
I asked the officer and he said there are lots. I guess they dont post them all?

I took my test on sept 10th

josemulino

Feb 10, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-11-2007
Ive been away from this forum for a while. I was called to take my test on August 24th to write it on september 10th. I got a perfect score and the test was SUPER easy. I was mad they made me study so much for such an easy test. The officer just went through my file and showed no concerns, just said that they will review my file and call me for my oath within 2-4 months. He didnt even mentioned an RQ which I guess it is a good sign.

I am waiting for my Oath and have to wait till next tuesday to see if my ecas changes to decision made.

By experience, does someone know in average for how long has people been waiting for an Oath?

josemulino

Feb 10, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-11-2007
Dr Wilberforce said:
Hello Edmonton , it's getting slow again..for the Last two weeks ,there is no new test invites. What's happening?
Wrong... I got my test invite on August 24th for september 10th

abdul560

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
ALBERTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
josemulino said:
Ive been away from this forum for a while. I was called to take my test on August 24th to write it on september 10th. I got a perfect score and the test was SUPER easy. I was mad they made me study so much for such an easy test. The officer just went through my file and showed no concerns, just said that they will review my file and call me for my oath within 2-4 months. He didnt even mentioned an RQ which I guess it is a good sign.

I am waiting for my Oath and have to wait till next tuesday to see if my ecas changes to decision made.

By experience, does someone know in average for how long has people been waiting for an Oath?
hello josemulino
congratulations for passing the test .
well to answer your question and depending on what i have seen in this forum and especially edmonton office i think you will be called soon for an oath yes and even sooner than we who took the test on june and july because you have applied in feb 2014 and we applied late 2014.

KHALED M

Mar 26, 2013
andrew7007 said:
I think you should have called CIC a long time ago and told them your case. Not normal.

In 2015 I called the CIC office more than 5 times ,always they gave the same answer ,your application still in Que

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
KHALED M, have you ordered your ATIP notes? Once the processing time has passed (in the case of a non-routine application, 36 months; yours are at 45 months currently), CIC officers are (or used to be) able to give out information on the application when contacted (which you already did). I'd start to consider ordering your ATIP notes/report.

josemulino

Feb 10, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-11-2007
abdul560 said:
hello josemulino
congratulations for passing the test .
well to answer your question and depending on what i have seen in this forum and especially edmonton office i think you will be called soon for an oath yes and even sooner than we who took the test on june and july because you have applied in feb 2014 and we applied late 2014.
Thank you. I am hoping to be Canadian before the elections cause I want to be able to vote.

josemulino

Feb 10, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-11-2007
When I finished my interview the officer folded a paper approximately in half covering the rest of the document except for where I had to sign, And a statement saying that everything I said it was true. Did your officer do the same?

KHALED M

Mar 26, 2013
MiriamT said:
KHALED M, have you ordered your ATIP notes? Once the processing time has passed (in the case of a non-routine application, 36 months; yours are at 45 months currently), CIC officers are (or used to be) able to give out information on the application when contacted (which you already did). I'd start to consider ordering your ATIP notes/report.
I already did, but nothing important in the report

mrmaz

Nov 14, 2012
Hi every one!
I filled citizenship application in sept 2014.Passed test and interview on August 4,2015 and decision made on e-cas on August 7th,2015.
I have question at the end of interview i was not ask to sign any paper.Is it normal?.I am still waiting for oath letter.
thanks