Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06/08/2010, Edmonton
kumark said:
GoCanada1985 you are right. My wife had exam on May 28 and she is still waiting for oath. There was nothing wrong in file and she had no issue with file. she applied in March 2014.
Hi Kumark, When did you actually send the initial application? In one of your last post you mentioned you applied in Jan 2014 and here you mentioned you applied in March 2014. But eitherways, I am sure you will get your oath letter soon. Today, one of my friend got his oath letter for 18th august, He took his test on July 15. But he applied in November 2013. So it seems they are clearing the backlogs that's why the oath invitations are "generally" following the date of initial application rather than the test date.

kumark

Apr 1, 2009
Neel09 said:
Hi Kumark, When did you actually send the initial application? In one of your last post you mentioned you applied in Jan 2014 and here you mentioned you applied in March 2014. But eitherways, I am sure you will get your oath letter soon. Today, one of my friend got his oath letter for 18th august, He took his test on July 15. But he applied in November 2013. So it seems they are clearing the backlogs that's why the oath invitations are "generally" following the date of initial application rather than the test date.
Hi Neel

Application sent Jan 2014
In process from Mar 2014
Test invitation Apr 24, 2015
Exam date May 28, 215
Oath date: UNKNOWN

CIC keep saying they do not have access to applications unless it is over 6 month after citizenship exam

jeune

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i passed the test July 21, 2015. Today, august 5th /2015 calgary office my ecas is showing Decision Made. Any idea how long they send the Oath letter?

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
jeune said:
i passed the test July 21, 2015. Today, august 5th /2015 calgary office my ecas is showing Decision Made. Any idea how long they send the Oath letter?
A week may be, keep checking your ecas it should update when the letter is issued and when to appear for the oath. And you should receive the letter 2-3 days (in most cases) after the online status updates.

jeune

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wes786 said:
A week may be, keep checking your ecas it should update when the letter is issued and when to appear for the oath. And you should receive the letter 2-3 days (in most cases) after the online status updates.
thank you so much . appreciated

and that is my ecase

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 23, 2013.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 23, 2013.
We started processing your application on January 8, 2014.
We sent you a notice on July 2, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 21, 2015 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment

citizenshipapplicant

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
kumark said:
Hi Neel

Application sent Jan 2014
In process from Mar 2014
Test invitation Apr 24, 2015
Exam date May 28, 215
Oath date: UNKNOWN

CIC keep saying they do not have access to applications unless it is over 6 month after citizenship exam
I did test almost a week after you and also waiting for oath. Received same typical answer of 2-4 months. though one of my friend received oath invitation right away after test. called cic today at centre number and received same generic reply "wait".

i was trying to find local Edmonton office number on internet but couldn't. if anyone knows please share, i want to ask some questions. Thanks

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
citizenshipapplicant said:
I did test almost a week after you and also waiting for oath. Received same typical answer of 2-4 months. though one of my friend received oath invitation right away after test. called cic today at centre number and received same generic reply "wait".

i was trying to find local Edmonton office number on internet but couldn't. if anyone knows please share, i want to ask some questions. Thanks
Local Edmonton Office I am assuming don't take calls only call center. No matter how long the night is day break will come. Just be patient!

kumark

Apr 1, 2009
citizenshipapplicant said:

Address: 9700 Jasper Avenue #240, Edmonton, AB T5J 2W8
Phone:+1 888-576-8502

We had friends in test on same date and they are already done with oath on July 29.

buzz123

Mar 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Neel09. Hope you get the invitation for the oath soon.

I passed my test on July 31 and on August 5 my eCas status was changed to "Decision Made". Hope that means good news is just around the corner.

My timeline is:

Application received: October 31, 2014
AOR received: January 28, 2015
Transfer to Local Office (Edmonton): February 19, 2015
Test notice: July 13, 2015
Test: July 31, 2015
Decision Made: August 5, 2015
Oath: Waiting

Neel09

Star Member
May 20, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06/08/2010, Edmonton
FINALLY!!! Today morning my Ecas was updated with an oath invitation for 19th Aug at 4 pm. My timelines are below.

Thanks Buzz :) your prediction was so right. I am sure you and all people who are waiting would receive something soon.

kumark

Apr 1, 2009
Neel09 said:
FINALLY!!! Today morning my Ecas was updated with an oath invitation for 19th Aug at 4 pm. My timelines are below.

Thanks Buzz :) your prediction was so right. I am sure you and all people who are waiting would receive something soon.
congratulations Neel!!!
hopefully we ll be next in Q

dattad

Mar 14, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wadelmaki said:
Hi Guys,

I just have a question; does "Decision Made" mean the citizenship application is approved?

Thanks
It just means that the next step of the application is the Oath Invitation and ceremony. In average for EDM, it seems that between the Test Date and the Oath Letter Submission/Update, the time span is about three weeks.

Cheers !!!

tunshah

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
what documents we need to bring to the test and do they need to see all previous passports or just last 4 years

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
tunshah said:
what documents we need to bring to the test and do they need to see all previous passports or just last 4 years
All (original) supporting documents that you submitted with the application. They say on the test invite to bring all passports even the expired ones.