+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test results, Edmonton Office

GoCanada1985

Jun 18, 2014
My Wife finally received her test invitation for Edmonton and less then 11 months from receipt of her Application! ;D We did nothing special aside from wait and have a well prepared application. Good luck to everyone else! Timeline below:

1) We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 3, 2014.
2) We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 3, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
3) We started processing your application on September 5, 2014.
4) We sent you a letter on October 2, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

No Ecas updates since this. We replied within a couple weeks of receiving the letter and heard nothing else until we received the test invitation on May 15. Test is scheduled for June 5!

IamAlbertan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2011
I finally took my oath-taking today after over a year since I submitted my application. It was a beautiFul experience. The cic officer checked my notice, landing paper and PR card (he took my PR card and put it in their file). There were 125 new citizens for this ceremony. One piece of advice, make sure you have a good full meal before going to the ceremony and bring a water for yourself so you wont get dehydrated. The ceremony started with the citizenship judge giving a speech, recited the oath, then we were given the certificate, another speech from an invited guest then sang O'Canada. You will also be given the opportunity to take a photo with the judge after the ceremony.

It has been quite a journey for me and finally I am now a Canadian citizen. Good luck to everyone who are still waiting.

CK07

Star Member
Oct 30, 2013
IamAlbertan said:
I finally took my oath-taking today after over a year since I submitted my application. It was a beautiFul experience. The cic officer checked my notice, landing paper and PR card (he took my PR card and put it in their file). There were 125 new citizens for this ceremony. One piece of advice, make sure you have a good full meal before going to the ceremony and bring a water for yourself so you wont get dehydrated. The ceremony started with the citizenship judge giving a speech, recited the oath, then we were given the certificate, another speech from an invited guest then sang O'Canada. You will also be given the opportunity to take a photo with the judge after the ceremony.

It has been quite a journey for me and finally I am now a Canadian citizen. Good luck to everyone who are still waiting.
Congratulations!! Finally you're done.. In Happy for you..

ainpfamily

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi everyone, received the oath letter for the ceremony in mid june. timelines are in signature below.

good luck to everyone!

regards,

futurecitizen

Star Member
Mar 29, 2013
I also received white color oath letter for mid June time mentioned ion letter is 11:00 am does anyone also received same letter for mid June

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What's your timeline FutureCitizen?

tbhutani

Jul 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2013
AOR Received.
April 18, 2013
File Transfer...
April 24, 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 21, 2013
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
May 21, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made (October 2, 2013)
LANDED..........
October 09, 2013
Hello everyone,

I did my test this morning in the Edmonton office and cleared it.
Test was a little tricky, make sure you read the book multiple times. It's not as easy as people say.
Interview lasted for about 20-25 minutes, Citizenship Officer was nice, soft spoken and very helpful.

Below is my timeline again:

Application Filed: July 7, 2014
In Process: August 25, 2014
Test Invite: May 14, 2015
Test Date: June 3, 2015
Oath Date: Most likely (End of July 2015)

Wishing everyone all the very best with their applications.

Almost there :)

ERJOPA

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Just curious....

How many of us Edmonton Applicants are still "in the hopper"? And at what stage are they? Has anyone done a spreadsheet of just Edmonton Apps?

Also, for those Edmonton apps who have successfully gained the oath - is there a spreadsheet with the average months you have had to go through?

Or are there not enough of us to have an average?

Saima_Tech

Star Member
Mar 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY, USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-Oct-2009
Doc's Request.
10-Jan-2009
Nomination.....
19-Jan-2010
AOR Received.
29-Jan-2010
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
13-Aug-2010
Med's Done....
17-Aug-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-Feb-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Mar-2011
LANDED..........
30-May-2011
Citizenship Test notice received for 26th June at 10:30 am.

GoCanada1985

Jun 18, 2014
My wife wrote her citizenship test this morning and passed with 19/20! She was told her oath would be within 2-4 months. We mailed her application on July 3, 2014 and had no significant issues other then a confirmation of name which just had to be returned with a quick letter. For those worrying about ECAS updates, I wouldn't worry if it doesn't change. As of this morning, the last update was still their request for information about her name from October 2014. The test was apparently a lot trickier then the questions found online, but her total studying was those questions plus reading the book over and over for about 2 weeks.

Good luck to everyone else!

saima.ali

Apr 9, 2012
With my citizenship test notice for June 26th, I have received another letter along with the test notice that if I pass the test and the interview/ documents are all satisfactory I will be going to the oath the same day. Did anyone else received something like this before? Please share.

Fort Mc.

Oct 19, 2014
saima.ali said:
With my citizenship test notice for June 26th, I have received another letter along with the test notice that if I pass the test and the interview/ documents are all satisfactory I will be going to the oath the same day. Did anyone else received something like this before? Please share.
It happens some times when the itinerant service is traveling around to offer the service.
Are you living in Fort McMurray ?

saima.ali

Apr 9, 2012
I'm not from fort Mc.
I'm from Edmonton area (about 50 mins from south side of Edmonton). My test/interview and may be the oath is scheduled for 26th June at jasper ave Edmonton.

citizenshipapplicant

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
Did test on June 02. I passed it ;D. One should read whole book atleast three times carefully in order to pass. Officer said in 2 to 4 months we will receive letter by mail.