+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test results, Edmonton Office

NDW

Dec 1, 2008
I called the call center this morning and we are writing out test April 22 in Edmonton. ;D We applied November 2013 and it was transferred to the local office March 2014.

kumark

Apr 1, 2009
NDW said:
I called the call center this morning and we are writing out test April 22 in Edmonton. ;D We applied November 2013 and it was transferred to the local office March 2014.
Hi,
When did you post you application ans process started?

***Is there anyone who has applied in April 2014 and got the invitation for test?

Thanks

NDW

Dec 1, 2008
kumark said:
Hi,
When did you post you application ans process started?

***Is there anyone who has applied in April 2014 and got the invitation for test?

Thanks
They started processing the application Feb 17th 2014. It was apparently transferred to the local office March 2014 (although this isn't reflected if I check my status online; this was verified by a call center agent).

Neel09

Star Member
May 20, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06/08/2010, Edmonton
There is another post by jattz who is the January 2014 applicant from Edmonton, he mentioned in other forum post that he had his test around Feb 24 and his oath date is scheduled around mid april. So it seems Edmonton is moving faster compared to earlier timelines.

Neel09

Star Member
May 20, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06/08/2010, Edmonton
NDW said:
They started processing the application Feb 17th 2014. It was apparently transferred to the local office March 2014 (although this isn't reflected if I check my status online; this was verified by a call center agent).
Hi NDW, Congratulations!!!. Could you please let me know the number where we can call for status for applications in Edmonton office? Thanks Much

Gemt2014

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
NDW said:
now·a·days online status not properly updated.

NDW

Dec 1, 2008
Neel09 said:
Hi NDW, Congratulations!!!. Could you please let me know the number where we can call for status for applications in Edmonton office? Thanks Much
I called 1-888-242‑2100, It took about a 10 minute wait, but the lady that helped me was incredibly friendly and helpful. She said she had good news; our letter was mailed two days ago and we should get it soon. :)

Gemt2014

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Gemt2014 said:
now·a·days online status not properly updated.
I called 1-888-242‑2100, regarding the ecas update.It took about 13 minutes wait, but the person answered and send me the below email which is helpful.

Information in e-CAS is not up-to-date - Most recent application status is not reflected

It is normal for some actions to not be reflected in e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) for many weeks due to the volume of information received at the visa offices and the case processing centres.

In many cases, an in-process file is actually waiting in a queue for initial review as applications are handled in the order they are received and on a case-by-case basis. The waiting time in this initial queue can be lengthy, depending on the standard processing times. Applications are processed according to the Application Processing Time at a given location.

In addition, other actions happening to your file are not shown on e-CAS (example: security checks) so it may appear as though nothing is happening to your file. But be assured that e-CAS is updated on a weekly basis.

ecs

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are there any updates from the applicants who wrote the test in Feb? Our test was on Feb 05 and no sign of oath yet while some I heard are getting Oath dates right after the test in Mar.

IamAlbertan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2011
ecs said:
Are there any updates from the applicants who wrote the test in Feb? Our test was on Feb 05 and no sign of oath yet while some I heard are getting Oath dates right after the test in Mar.
What did the officer tell you during the interview? Did you have issues with your documents?

isabela

Star Member
May 14, 2011
IamAlbertan said:
What did the officer tell you during the interview? Did you have issues with your documents?
hi, when will be your oath taking schedule if you don't mind?mine will be on April 7...took the exam last March 5...

ecs

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IamAlbertan said:
The officer said that they will review the file and it may take 2-4 months for the oath invitation. When we call CIC hep desk, we are told everything is looking good and we are waiting to be scheduled for the oath.

IamAlbertan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2011
isabela said:
hi, when will be your oath taking schedule if you don't mind?mine will be on April 7...took the exam last March 5...
The officer did not give me a date. She said just wait 2-4 month as they still need to verify some information. Congratulations to you!

IamAlbertan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2011
ecs said:
The officer said that they will review the file and it may take 2-4 months for the oath invitation. When we call CIC hep desk, we are told everything is looking good and we are waiting to be scheduled for the oath.
Do you know which part of your file they will be reviewing? I was also told the same thing, wait for 2-4 month as they will verify my entry dates in Canada (I had vacation 2x before I submitted my application). I noticed from some people here in the forum, if you do not have any issues at all with your application, the officer would give you the oath date.