+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test results, Edmonton Office

Gemt2014

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
ewewz said:
I had my citizenship last February 19 and there were about 40 people scheduled that day. The process was smooth and quick. I was there 15 mins before 8 am and was out at 9:30. Exam started around 8:30 and interview by the officer after. I was told that I passed the exam during the interview and he only asked for my drivers license and passport for documents. We were told during the exam that those who passed, will have their oath-taking schedule in 2 to 4 months.

By the way, tip for those taking the exam.. I haven't read the study guide at all as I only use the citizenshipcounts.ca app for studying and I passed!
Thanks a lot ewewz for this information :)

IamAlbertan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2011
ewewz said:
I had my citizenship test last February 19 and there were about 40 people scheduled that day. The process was smooth and quick. I was there 15 mins before 8:30 am and was out at 9:30. Exam started around 8:45 and interview by the officer after. I was told that I passed the exam during the interview and he only asked for my drivers license and passport for documents. We were told during the exam that those who passed, will have their oath-taking schedule in 2 to 4 months. ( Note: For those who read this post earlier, I edited and corrected the times as I was in a hurry when I originally wrote this post so I messed up the times.)

By the way, tip for those taking the exam.. I haven't read the study guide at all as I only use the citizenshipcounts.ca app for studying and I passed!
Congratulations to you and thanks for the information. I am reading the book and and trying to memorize the dates and names. It's challenging, lol!

ecs

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just thought I will share my timelines

Applied Nov 2013
In Process Feb 2014
Test Date: 05 Feb 2015

I know 3 of my friends who wrote test on Jan 19, 20 and 22 all received Oath for Mar 30 (all on same day, possibly different times for Oath).

Tells me, although the Oath Ceremony for Edmonton still does not list Mar 30 on the website, it actually is scheduled. I am hoping our turn for Oath is pretty soon.

NDW

Dec 1, 2008
ecs said:

Applied Nov 2013
In Process Feb 2014

I know 3 of my friends who wrote test on Jan 19, 20 and 22 all received Oath for Mar 30 (all on same day, possibly different times for Oath).

Tells me, although the Oath Ceremony for Edmonton still does not list Mar 30 on the website, it actually is scheduled. I am hoping our turn for Oath is pretty soon.
I applied the same time, and haven't heard a thing. I hope we get called for the test soon. When did your three friends apply?

ecs

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They all applied between OCT- Nov 2013. Not sure the exact date.
They wrote the test between Jan 19- Jan 22.

When did you write your test?

NDW

Dec 1, 2008
ecs said:

We haven't been called for the test yet, but I suspect that would happen any day now.

NDW

Dec 1, 2008
ABscientist said:
Applied Jan and process started march. I havent been called for the test either.
I suppose all we can do is wait, when you are this far into the process, its so close...... :-\

ecs

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
in another post youve mentioned your Oath is April 7th. How did you know?

isabela said:
took the exam today and got perfect score :p :-*

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
ecs said:

Applied Nov 2013
In Process Feb 2014

ecs said:

So it seems like it is currently taking 17 months from application to oath for Edmonton. Well, all we can do is wait.