+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test results, Edmonton Office

batoum

Mar 26, 2013
Are there any news concerning the invitation for the oath for those who passed their test by the end of October ... :mad: please share!

solvay

Nov 18, 2014
UPDATES for my case:

Applied June 13th, 2013
Processed Oct, 2013
Test Nov 13, 2014
Oath Jan 13, 2014

I forgot to check the mailbox these days, when I opened it today, I found that the oath invitation was there already. Exact two months after the exam, I will become citizen.

I have another question about the invitation letter, there is a page "permission release and consent", should I sign it and mail it back to CIC immediately?

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Congrats... You probably want to sign it in front of the officer when he is verifying your identity before the oath ceremony.

solvay said:
UPDATES for my case:
you
Applied June 13th, 2013
Processed Oct, 2013
Test Nov 13, 2014
Oath Jan 13, 2014

I forgot to check the mailbox these days, when I opened it today, I found that the oath invitation was there already. Exact two months after the exam, I will become citizen.

I have another question about the invitation letter, there is a page "permission release and consent", should I sign it and mail it back to CIC immediately?

solvay

Nov 18, 2014
I see, Thanks for your advise.

ingegarcia said:
Congrats... You probably want to sign it in front of the officer when he is verifying your identity before the oath ceremony.

ukmike57

Dec 30, 2014
I took my test on Oct 24th (attended for interview anyway as I am over 55) and still have not been invited to an oath ceremony. I see a lot of people who passed the test in November have been invited to or already attended an oath ceremony. Is there anyone else still waiting for ceremony who took the test in October or November.

tim1111

Oct 24, 2014
ukmike57 said:
I took my test on Oct 24th (attended for interview anyway as I am over 55) and still have not been invited to an oath ceremony. I see a lot of people who passed the test in November have been invited to or already attended an oath ceremony. Is there anyone else still waiting for ceremony who took the test in October or November.
Hi ukmike57,
I am in the same boat as u.Had my test on 20 oct, no info on oath yet!!

sondo

May 9, 2013
Test Nov 12, 2014
Oath Jan 13, 2014 at 8:30am

Anyone knows if a guest has to come at 8:30am as well?
I want my husband to join, but with the test starting that early he can't be there at 8:30am as has to drop off kids to school.
Thanks.

solvay

Nov 18, 2014
How many people can I bring to attend the ceremony, it has not been indicated on the invitation letter.

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I took my citizenship test today and passed 20/20.
The officer gave me an RQ form while interviewing me. The reason was that I had put one of the dates in my residency calculator wrong by one day. ( December 15 rather than December 16. I think I miss read the stamp). Now I am kinda frustrated. I have to gather all these documents. Does anybody know how much this will affect the processing time? After I submit all the required documents, how long will they take to get back to me?
Thanks

jaycrew

Star Member
Apr 30, 2011
I did my exam in September 8 and will be at the oath ceremony Jan 9. This has been a tremendously long process for me for such a routine application (applied in May 2011), 44 months!

Thank you all for your continued support and I wish you all less processing time than what I experienced.

tim1111

Oct 24, 2014
jaycrew said:
I did my exam in September 8 and will be at the oath ceremony Jan 9. This has been a tremendously long process for me for such a routine application (applied in May 2011), 44 months!

Thank you all for your continued support and I wish you all less processing time than what I experienced.
Congrats!!

Did you had any stamps missing in your passport for entry/exits and did they ask you to sign CBSA consent form on the test day?

jaycrew

Star Member
Apr 30, 2011
tim1111 said:
Congrats!!

Did you had any stamps missing in your passport for entry/exits and did they ask you to sign CBSA consent form on the test day?
Thanks.

No luckily no stamps missing on passport. I was asked to sign CBSA consent form during my rq.

Albertan

Jan 4, 2014
Had got oath letter in Dec.

My Timelines:

Application received: May 13, 2013
Processing started: July 25, 2013
File Transferred to local office: Jan, 2014
Fingerprints Request: March 27, 2014
Fingerprints Done: April, 2014
Test: Nov 24, 2014
Oath: Jan 9, 2014

solvay

Nov 18, 2014
U are faster than me.

Albertan said:
Had got oath letter in Dec.

My Timelines:

Application received: May 13, 2013
Processing started: July 25, 2013
File Transferred to local office: Jan, 2014
Fingerprints Request: March 27, 2014
Fingerprints Done: April, 2014
Test: Nov 24, 2014
Oath: Jan 9, 2014

bambino

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was at the Edmonton CIC office today on business, for a non-citizenship related matter. There were people being interviewed but there did not appear to be any kind of testing going on. People seemed to have individual appointments, and were led straight from the area outside the front entrance (where the gloomy security guard lady sits) to their interviews by the officer assigned to them. Some were being interviewed at the little glass windows, others behind closed doors. Does anyone know what this may have been all about? I do know it was citizenship related. None of interviewees were old enough to be exempt from the test requirement.

Later in the day I got to chat with a person who used to be a citizenship officer until relatively recently at the Edmonton CIC office. He readily acknowledged that the crazy numbers of RQs issued created terrible backlogs in Edmonton, a situation that was exacerbated by the lack of a CJ back in 2012 (as all RQs had to be referred to a CJ for a hearing).

He also confirmed that "straightforward" cases were being reviewed by Level 1 officers, and that there was a push to get those processed on a relative priority basis. More complicated cases were given to Level 2 officers. When I was interviewed back in September I did notice a label on the folder that contained my file that said "Level 2". I guess that explains why it took 25 months for me to even get scheduled for a test, and only after the CIC call centre had sent a "WTF" note to the local office after 24 months.

I don't know what makes a file "Level 2". In my case, I used pre-PR time, and had some 15 short trips for a total of 120 days, some to obvious tourist destinations in the US, and others to various places in Asia and Europe where I have family. Part of the confusion may have been that for many of my intercontinental trips I drove to, and flew out of a major US airport that was relatively close to my Canadian place of residence in order to save a bundle.

Hell, that last part should qualify me for a honorary Canadian citizenship ;D