+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test results, Edmonton Office

dinigobale

Sep 24, 2013
FINALLY....... :D :D :D

WE sent you a notice on December 18, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 14, 2014 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

dinigobale

Sep 24, 2013
EDMONTONFOREVERWAITING.. here is my timeline

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 6, 2012.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 6, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on November 1, 2012.

4.We sent you a letter on May 30, 2013. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

5.WE sent you a notice on December 18, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 14, 2014 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

I frist applied back july/2011 but they sent the whole application back nd I had to sent it twice again so they didn't count almost 6 month that my application was being sent back nd forth. if you count from july 2011 is more then 2 years if feb/2012 its almost 2 years.

Canuto

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 2012
Finally! Applications are moving at CIC Edmonton office.-Great job!!!
Looks like the January and February 2012 Applicants are being invited for written test in January 2014. Wow 2 years of waiting for all of us here in the Prairies.
Good luck guys! Keep us always posted.

Jan 9, 2014
hey everybody,

i have just checked how many citizenship ceremonies are scheduled in Edmonton in January and... Edmonton is not on the list at all. Al they have for Alberta is Calgary.

I checked id on CIC . GC . CA website (soory, I am not allowed to post real link here)

Is it just me or does anybody see it as well?

what is going on?

Canuto

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 2012
At the moment CIC Edmonton had only one ceremony, that was January 7, 2014.

The waiting time in our Capital city is painstakingly too long. Considering Alberta's population has passed 4Millon and yet we only have ONE judge. I bet you she is also suffering more than we do.
Talk about contigency measures from CIC.

Jan 9, 2014
How many judges does Calgary have? 9?
1 ceremony in Edmonton vs. 9 ceremonies in Calgary. In December Calgary more ceremonies as well. It should be the other way around because Edmonton was missing judge for 1 year…

edmonton2011

Star Member
Dec 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Edmonton_waiting said:
How many judges does Calgary have? 9?
1 ceremony in Edmonton vs. 9 ceremonies in Calgary. In December Calgary more ceremonies as well. It should be the other way around because Edmonton was missing judge for 1 year...
Calgary has 2 full time judges.

http://www.appointments.gc.ca/prflOrg.asp?OrgID=CZNC&lang=eng

Canuto

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 2012
These are one of the reasons why I hope and wish the Conservative Party should not win on the next federal election. It shows the former minister's (JK) incompetency, the government knew that the Capital city of Alberta does not have a Citizenship Judge for a year, having a strong number of foreign skilled workers in the Oil and Gas industry, Healthcare, foodservers, their spouses and children. Then to cope up with this huge backlog they hire only ONE Citizenship Judge. :eek:
With the help, aid and assistance of these new Canadian immigrants. I hope they will remember how they got victimize by the unacceptable waiting time and prolonging our hopes and dreams of becoming a Canadian, plus implementing these stupid RQ's, putting our fellow 360K citizenship applicants in limbo.
But these dreams are not far to achieve, Canada has the lowest turnout of voters. I hope I will become Canadian soon like my relatives, neighbors, friends and these NEW Canadians. Together we unite, ecstatically exercise our right to vote and unleash our sweetest revenge to vote for the party we choose except for Conservative Party. :p

Canuto

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 2012
Thanks for keeping us posted, good to know there is movement in our local office. That's 24 months of waiting, let's hope you'll get your oath taking invitation next month to make it to 25 months"Normal" processing period .
Congrats in advance!

Edmontonian78

Jun 18, 2013
I have appeared for the test on 4 Nov 2013, still no oath invitation in edmonton. There is no oath ceremonies in edmonton where as all other cities are having more than 3-4 ceremonies in a month. edmonton has hardly able planning only once in a month. I am entering into 25 month and no invitation yet. The time posted on website of 25 months not for Edmonton. its an special CIC office with delayed process everywhere :mad:

Milad123

Jan 13, 2014
Re: Canada Citizenship Test, Exam

Hi guys

Can you please help me with citizenship Test,

I am from Vancouver and my exam is in next 10 days, and i have read the book
but i have no idea what type of questions i should practice,
Is there any good website as close as possible questions to the real exam questions ?

Any one can share any experience with me ?

Thanks a lot

jcp488

Jan 14, 2013
dinigobale said:
FINALLY....... :D :D :D

WE sent you a notice on December 18, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 14, 2014 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
GOOD LUCK on your Exam!!!

dinigobale

Sep 24, 2013
jcp488 said:
GOOD LUCK on your Exam!!!
thanks jcp488

i dont know what to say, only god knows how happy and reliefed i am thank god. so i went this morning, we were seatED after they check our ids, test wasnt hard at all, if you read the book and more importantly practice online questions its from there, mybe a little twist some times if you read you can easily pick the answer right away, when i finished i was told to wait outside, about 20 minutes after office came out nd call me and start going through my file, asked me some questions about my family, employment etc. i was nervous as i didnt have my pr card lost it 2 years never re apply, also didnt have original confirmation pr card, he just ask about them, and ask me to fill form for missing document, explaining where. how and when they get lost, then i was told my file is complete judge will review is nothing els is needed i will be getting invitation for oath within 3 month, i waited more then 2 years 3 month is piece of cake to me now lol. good luck those of you whom are waiting, its long ride but worth it. i am glad i am citizen before next election, one more vote FOR NEW DEMOCRATIC PARTY!