+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test results, Edmonton Office

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you wonderboy for your input.

But what biography pages are you talking about?

wonderboy said:
Thanks Farrous13.

To be honest, I didn't pay attention to what was happening with others. Therefore I am not able to talk about any RQs. Five candidates were being interviewed simultaneously in different booths and in the test room, and I was among the first few of them. The lady was asking for PR card, driving license, landing document and passport(s) first. Then she questioned about my work, recent travel etc. She briefly checked the passport and kept the copies of the biography pages I brought, but didn't go through all the stamps. Then she told me my test score. All of these were in pretty informal manner. It was nice and quick. I was out of there in less than an hour.

wonderboy

Jul 20, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farrous13 said:
Thank you wonderboy for your input.

But what biography pages are you talking about?
In CIC's letter to apprear for citizenship test, they asked to bring biography pages (pages containing name, photo, address, expiry date, renewal info etc.) of my passport(s).

Canuto

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 2012
Congratulations Wonderboy!!! When did you received the letter of invitation for the written test? Did they also updated your ECAS?

Thanks!

wonderboy

Jul 20, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canuto said:
Congratulations Wonderboy!!! When did you received the letter of invitation for the written test? Did they also updated your ECAS?

Thanks!
Thanks Canuto.

I have noticed the change in eCAS on October 22. I have received the official letter on October 25 (dated October 18) to appear for test on November 13.

Canuto

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 2012
Thanks for the details Wonderboy! Very lucky, you landed on August 2010 and now you are just one step away to becoming a Canadian.
Keep us posted on your Oath Taking.

jcp488

Jan 14, 2013
wonderboy said:
I had my citizenship test today in Edmonton. About 25-30 other people were scheduled. Questions were easy and common. I was told that my file is being forwarded to a Citizenship Judge and if everything is alright, then I will get a letter for oath in 2-4 months.

App: 5 Jan, 12; Received: 11 Jan 12; In Process: 30 Oct, 12; Test: 13 Nov 13

We have similar timeline... I should be expecting to receive for the Test soon :)

wonderboy

Jul 20, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canuto said:
Thanks for the details Wonderboy! Very lucky, you landed on August 2010 and now you are just one step away to becoming a Canadian.
Keep us posted on your Oath Taking.
Hi Canuto,

In fact, that was my wife's timeline as I had sponsored her for pr. My canadavisa profile is corrupt and I am not able to edit that info anymore :(

I was eligible to apply for citizenship in august 2010, but I applied in January 2012 due to some personal reasons. And now the processing time has doubled. So, I am behind about 28 months. Not much of luck...

Edmontonian78

Jun 18, 2013
wonderboy said:
I had my citizenship test today in Edmonton. About 25-30 other people were scheduled. Questions were easy and common. I was told that my file is being forwarded to a Citizenship Judge and if everything is alright, then I will get a letter for oath in 2-4 months.

App: 5 Jan, 12; Received: 11 Jan 12; In Process: 30 Oct, 12; Test: 13 Nov 13
Hi Wonder boy, we had our test on Nov 4 and waiting for Oath. Any idea about Oath how long it takes in Edmonton office. Applied : Jan 2012, in process: Oct 2012, received pre test RQ: Dec 2012, submit RQ : Jan 2013, test : 4 Nov 2013, waiting for Oath?

wonderboy

Jul 20, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Edmontonian78 said:
Hi Wonder boy, we had our test on Nov 4 and waiting for Oath. Any idea about Oath how long it takes in Edmonton office. Applied : Jan 2012, in process: Oct 2012, received pre test RQ: Dec 2012, submit RQ : Jan 2013, test : 4 Nov 2013, waiting for Oath?
Hi Edmontonian78,

It is very hard to estimate the current time from test to oath as there is almost no public info available since none of the applicants I know from this forum have recent statistics from the Edmonton office. I was hoping for end of January or early February. However, not being able to check Edmonton oath schedule from CIC’s website makes me worried now.

During my interview, I was told that if everything is alright, I would get the oath invitation in 2-4 months. What did they tell you?

Edmontonian78

Jun 18, 2013
Thanks for your reply. They told me the same thing as you wrote. 2-3 months to get oath subject to judge approval. i wonder why they don't have ceremonies in edmonton...there are in calgary and fort mc murray but nothing in edmonton. Please keep me posted for your oath, as we have similar timelines. I will keep you posted as well.

Edmontonian78

Jun 18, 2013
jah-luv said:
Oh my goodness!! ;D :D The feeling is pleasantly overwhelming...... My kids and I are finally CANADIAN CITIZENS!! Our oath was scheduled for 0900 to be started at 10:00, but it started a little late. At that point I really didn't care about the wait because the tougher part was over.
The lady who checked us in said there were to be 80 of us, but during the Judge's speech, she made mention of 76 citizens, so I guess some missed it.
Hang in there guys, the road may seem foggy, but believe me, you will GET THERE.

I tried to control my emotions during the ceremony, because it has really been a long journey for me. All thanks to God, the great country Canada, and all of you guys' indirect support!!

Congrats jah! When did you appear for test? How long is the time between test and oath?

edmonton2011

Star Member
Dec 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Edmontonian78 said:
Thanks for your reply. They told me the same thing as you wrote. 2-3 months to get oath subject to judge approval. i wonder why they don't have ceremonies in edmonton...there are in calgary and fort mc murray but nothing in edmonton. Please keep me posted for your oath, as we have similar timelines. I will keep you posted as well.
We were told the same thing. We should get the oath invitation within 2-3 months, otherwise something went wrong with our application (eg. failed test, questions about residency requirements).
Fortunately we received the oath invitation 2 months after our test and the oath was scheduled less than two weeks from the date we received the letters.

Not all oath dates are listed online, so there might be still a couple of oath ceremonies in December.

edmonton2011

Star Member
Dec 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Edmontonian78 said:
There will be a citizenship ceremony on December 12th. They are probably preparing the invitation letters right now. Ours were printed exactly 14 days before the ceremony. Check you mailbox and ecas for you invitation. I hope a couple of you will receive it the next few days. :)
Good luck!

outlawtorn

Apr 25, 2013
outlawtorn said:
Hi, I've just started the process and here is my current timeline:
"We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 11, 2013.
We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 11, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
We started processing your application on April 8, 2013."
Updates:
Oct 30: Application transferred to Edmonton office
Dec 13: Application checked in Edmonton office

From what I've read, from now on, I can't get any updates and just should sit and wait for the test date. Do you have any idea how long it can take?

jcp488

Jan 14, 2013
I have a schedule.

...We sent you a notice on December 19, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 16, 2014.