+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test results, Edmonton Office

Mr lonely20

Aug 8, 2012
Canuto,
There were 72 candidates taking the oath, but may be Edmonton will have more candidates at each ceremony.
Our ceremony was in Saint Albert so may be that's why they were smaller group..
Saint Albert is also part of Edmonton in CIC terms.

jah-luv

Aug 18, 2013
I am so grateful to God. My kids and I finally got the oath letters for November. Received the letters exactly 24 months after applying.

The wait was stressful, but it was well worth it.

Best of luck to all who are still waiting! It will happen!

Canuto

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 2012
Congratulations! I guess our time will come soon. Let us know how many people were blessed to be Canadian on your oath taking. I'm guessing those are all into these 24 months or more waiting?
Good luck and Godbless

edmonton2011

Star Member
Dec 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations Jah-luv!

Unfortunately it seems timelines are getting longer in Edmonton. Hopefully we will see some improvement in the near future.
Good luck to everyone who are still waiting for the citizenship!

edmonton2011

Star Member
Dec 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jcp488 said:
Hey Edmonton2011 welcome back. Congratulations again on your Citizenship!
Thanks for uploading the Timeline spreadsheet..
Thanks JCP488! :)
I am still around even though I do not post as often now. I have been following a few people's journey who are stuck in the queue.

Canuto

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 2012
Hi, Any Edmontonians scheduled for exam this month?
I wonder what is going on inside CIC EDMONTON? Other local offices like Mississauga, Windsor, London, are doing the Normal Routine Processing in 8 to 10 months this year.
keep us posted. thanks.

Nov 3, 2013
Hi Canuto I am in London my timeline is

My timeline is

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 18, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 18, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 6, 2013.

We sent you a notice on September 10, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 25, 2013 at 9:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on November 5, 2013 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on November 27, 2013 at 9:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

jah-luv

Aug 18, 2013
Oh my goodness!! ;D :D The feeling is pleasantly overwhelming...... My kids and I are finally CANADIAN CITIZENS!! Our oath was scheduled for 0900 to be started at 10:00, but it started a little late. At that point I really didn't care about the wait because the tougher part was over.
The lady who checked us in said there were to be 80 of us, but during the Judge's speech, she made mention of 76 citizens, so I guess some missed it.
Hang in there guys, the road may seem foggy, but believe me, you will GET THERE.

I tried to control my emotions during the ceremony, because it has really been a long journey for me. All thanks to God, the great country Canada, and all of you guys' indirect support!!

wonderboy

Jul 20, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jcp488 said:
Winter2012, tomcat85, Wonderboy,

An officemate told me that he has a friend who applied Mar 2012 and got exam schedule next week..
Any update on your application? We all have similar timelines.

I had my citizenship test today in Edmonton. About 25-30 other people were scheduled. Questions were easy and common. I was told that my file is being forwarded to a Citizenship Judge and if everything is alright, then I will get a letter for oath in 2-4 months.

App: 5 Jan, 12; Received: 11 Jan 12; In Process: 30 Oct, 12; Test: 13 Nov 13

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Great! Congrats. No one received an RQ? How was the interview? Did the agent go thru every passport stamp?

wonderboy said:
I had my citizenship test today in Edmonton. About 25-30 other people were scheduled. Questions were easy and common. I was told that my file is being forwarded to a Citizenship Judge and if everything is alright, then I will get a letter for oath in 2-4 months.

App: 5 Jan, 12; Received: 11 Jan 12; In Process: 30 Oct, 12; Test: 13 Nov 13

wonderboy

Jul 20, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farrous13 said:
Great! Congrats. No one received an RQ? How was the interview? Did the agent go thru every passport stamp?
Thanks Farrous13.

To be honest, I didn't pay attention to what was happening with others. Therefore I am not able to talk about any RQs. Five candidates were being interviewed simultaneously in different booths and in the test room, and I was among the first few of them. The lady was asking for PR card, driving license, landing document and passport(s) first. Then she questioned about my work, recent travel etc. She briefly checked the passport and kept the copies of the biography pages I brought, but didn't go through all the stamps. Then she told me my test score. All of these were in pretty informal manner. It was nice and quick. I was out of there in less than an hour.