+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test results, Edmonton Office

jah-luv

Aug 18, 2013
Took my test and passed almost 3 months ago, June 27th, still waiting for my oath letter. Hopefully I'm one of the September bunch!

Canuto

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 2012
jah-luv said:
Took my test and passed almost 3 months ago, June 27th, still waiting for my oath letter. Hopefully I'm one of the September bunch!
congrats for passing the test! What is your timeline? Family or single application?
There are 8 ceremonies this month, hope you are into one of them. Keep us posted.
Thanks.

jah-luv

Aug 18, 2013
App Oct 2011.
Started processing Feb 2012.
Transferred to Edmonton office June 2012.
Wrote and passed test June 2013. Oath?
Family of 3,only I had to write the test as my kids are under 18.

jcp488

Jan 14, 2013
Onyex2012 said:
Has anybody heard anything from Edmonton office? I'm still waiting for test date...applied since January 2012
Onyex2012,

We almost have similar timeline, I'm still waiting and have no new update yet.

Edmontonian78 used to post the timeline worksheet.

jcp488

Jan 14, 2013
jcp488 said:
Onyex2012,

We almost have similar timeline, I'm still waiting and have no new update yet.

Edmontonian78 used to post the timeline worksheet.
Edmonton2011 created the timeline worksheet

dinigobale

Sep 24, 2013
here is my update

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 6, 2012.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 6, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on November 1, 2012.

4.We sent you a letter on May 30, 2013. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

that last letter was request of fingerprinter, I havnt received frist then they sent it back again in july I took my fingerprinter sent it back same month july havnt heard anything from them since..... I am so unpatient now. also I frist applied back july/2011 but they sent the whole application back nd I had to sent it twice again so he didn't count almost 6 month that my application was being sent back nd forth.

jcp488

Jan 14, 2013
Winter2012, tomcat85, Wonderboy,

An officemate told me that he has a friend who applied Mar 2012 and got exam schedule next week..
Any update on your application? We all have similar timelines.

Mr lonely20

Aug 8, 2012
Finally an oath ceremony is scheduled for me on the 23rd of October
Applications received 18 May, 2011
Application transferred to Edmonton office 18 December 2011
Finger prints December 2011
Citizenship test March 15 2012
Another finger (because of expiration of old one) January 2013
Oath ceremony23 October 2013

Thank you guys

Canuto

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 2012
Congratulations !! At least there is movement in Edmonton.
That's a long waiting time after a written test. At least your ordeal is over.
Is this a a family application ?
Thanks!

jaycrew

Star Member
Apr 30, 2011
Onyex2012 said:
It's just a waiting game now, last time I called cic I was told I should have my test by January 2014...
Onyex.. I am curious as how you got CIC to give you that information. I have not been successful any getting info from them. My timeline is absolutely horrendous..

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 12, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 12, 2011.

We started processing your application on November 16, 2011.

Your file was transferred to the Edmonton office on January 27, 2012. The Edmonton office will contact you if additional information is required. The Edmonton office will contact you regarding your citizenship test once all the necessary checks on your file are complete.

jaycrew

Star Member
Apr 30, 2011
Mr lonely20 said:
Finally an oath ceremony is scheduled for me on the 23rd of October
Applications received 18 May, 2011
Application transferred to Edmonton office 18 December 2011
Finger prints December 2011
Citizenship test March 15 2012
Another finger (because of expiration of old one) January 2013
Oath ceremony23 October 2013

Thank you guys
Congrats Mr Lonley.. we have such similar timelines I have no idea why mine is taking so much longer. I doubt you are still using this forum now that your cermony is tomorrow :D

Canuto

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 2012
Hi Jaycrew, you do have a long waiting time. From May 2011 up until now there is no writtent test invitation?
Just curious, did you get an RQ or request for fingerprint(same as mine)?
If not, and your papers falls under the normal processing without any request for further documents you may want to get in touch with your MP/MLA because it is way beyong the 25 months and seek for his assistance.

Keep us posted.

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
jaycrew said:
Onyex.. I am curious as how you got CIC to give you that information. I have not been successful any getting info from them. My timeline is absolutely horrendous..

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 12, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 12, 2011.

We started processing your application on November 16, 2011.

Your file was transferred to the Edmonton office on January 27, 2012. The Edmonton office will contact you if additional information is required. The Edmonton office will contact you regarding your citizenship test once all the necessary checks on your file are complete.
I was also told by CIC few months ago that I will have my test by August 2014 :eek: I called for a different reason (I could not check my status online) and the guy was so nice he updated me on my application process!

Good luck and hope you get your test very soon!