+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test results, Edmonton Office

tim1111

Oct 24, 2014
123xyz said:
Test: 14 Oct 2014. No news of oath. Been calling CIC almost everyday but nothing. And people who did tests early November have already received letter for oath. How come?? :(
Hi 123xyz,

I am in same situation as u.Wrote test in Oct. and no oath letter yet.Did u had any missing stamps in ur PP and where u told to sign the form for CBSA verification?

123xyz

Dec 6, 2014
No, the officer said everything looked good. I called CIC many times and they said no further doc is needed, just have to wait. Some agents said Feb, some said April... I just don't know what's happening...

123xyz

Dec 6, 2014
Anyone got good news, especially October 2014 test takers?
Do you think CIC Edmonton will schedule more ceremonies for December (after 9 ceremonies on 9, 11 and 12 of December)?

solvay

Nov 18, 2014
I can see Calgary will have ceremonies until Dec 18, and for January, they will start to have ceremony from Jan 11th.

But not for Edmonton.

bambino

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There were 120 at one of the ceremonies in the library basement theatre yesterday.

I went to chat with the staff there, and apparently CIC has hired several temporary (6 month contract) workers at the Edmonton to (finally!) address the backlog. Unfortunately the person I spoke to was one of those temporary hires and not a citizenship officer and could not provide any further info. I was particularly interested in what is being done to speed up processing of non-routine files but she didn't even seem to know what form CIT 0520 was. I will be there again tomorrow to bug someone else.

solvay

Nov 18, 2014
bambino said:
There were 120 at one of the ceremonies in the library basement theatre yesterday.

I went to chat with the staff there, and apparently CIC has hired several temporary (6 month contract) workers at the Edmonton to (finally!) address the backlog. Unfortunately the person I spoke to was one of those temporary hires and not a citizenship officer and could not provide any further info. I was particularly interested in what is being done to speed up processing of non-routine files but she didn't even seem to know what form CIT 0520 was. I will be there again tomorrow to bug someone else.
I don't think who has not received mail can go before year-ends. Let us keep fingers crossed for 2015, then

fortmacresident

Nov 3, 2014
Thanks for the info Bambino, if you find out more, please share with us. Would be great to see Alberta coming back in line with the other provinces for processing times.

bambino

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alberta still has a long way to go to catch up with other provinces. If those assholes in Ottawa had any genuine interest in addressing the discrepancy in processing times, they would have adjusted staffing levels in the AB local offices years ago. I truly believe this is just an effort to process as many people before year's end so that they can tout that come election time. CIC has already acknowledged (in documents obtained through ATIP requests) that they are giving priority to straightforward cases, whatever the hell that means.

alsalehm

Dec 2, 2014
Thanks very much bambino for the updates.
I kind of sensed that. Very few officers handling too many files, this is ridiculous :-[

batoum

Mar 26, 2013
alsalehm said:
Thanks very much bambino for the updates.
I kind of sensed that. Very few officers handling too many files, this is ridiculous :-[

Citizenship and Immigration Canada Office
Address:
9700 Jasper Avenue SUITE 240
Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4C3
Date:
Monday December 15, 2014
Time:
3:00 PM
Open to Public:
Yes

solvay

Nov 18, 2014
bambino said:

Did you just attend the ceremony as public or as an oath taker, Bambino?

tim1111

Oct 24, 2014
batoum said:
Citizenship and Immigration Canada Office
Address:
9700 Jasper Avenue SUITE 240
Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4C3
Date:
Monday December 15, 2014
Time:
3:00 PM
Open to Public:
Yes
Hi Batoum,
Did u receive the invite for 15 Dec Oath?

batoum

Mar 26, 2013
tim1111 said:
Hi Batoum,
Did u receive the invite for 15 Dec Oath?
Hi Tim1111

Not yet i am still waiting I think it will be for sure next year by end of Jan/begning Feb.

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good morning everybody!
I recieved my invitation for writing the citizenship test on December 6th. The test date is January 6th. I was wondering if you can tell me how the interview after the test is going to be like? I was never asked to provide an RQ.
I need to know if they will go through the stamps in our passport (and old passports?) at this point? I just noticed that one of my entry stamps is for the wrong date! (it was supposed to be 13 rather than 03) and I'm trying to understand if I should try to fix this before I go for the interview? I can show the itinerary to prove that my entry was on the 13th of March and not the 3rd. What do you recommend?