+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Test Process - Please share experience on this thread to help others

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Those who have attended the Citizenship test, can you please elaborate on the process a bit.
1. Any information on what supporting/original documents they can ask for?
2. Also for kids below 14 yrs, there is not test. Do we have to carry any supporting documents for the kids.
3. Is there any interview process before/after the test and what to they ask.

My test date is 17th Jan and any information will help.

Thank You
Steve

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Re: Citizenship Test Process

.Steve said:
Hi,

Those who have attended the Citizenship test, can you please elaborate on the process a bit.
2. Also for kids below 14 yrs, there is not test. Do we have to carry any supporting documents for the kids.

Thank You
Steve
1. They usually don't ask however whatever photocopies you have submitted during the initial application, take it's originals.
2. You need to carry all the supporting documents
3. There is a interview after the test which discusses about test results, checking supporting documents, verifying your entries/exits on your passports, verifying if you can speak english properly.

Good luck!

Gallant555

Star Member
Aug 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Nov1,2010
Med's Done....
Nov8,2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 14,2011
VISA ISSUED...
June9,2011
LANDED..........
June17,2011

Hi Steve.
Interview is mainly to verify original documents. Please make sure you have your passport that has stamps for your travel to justify your physical presence document.
If your passport entries can prove your travel or time outside canada is always cool.
Good Luck!

stargazerlilly

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

.Steve said:
Hi,

Thank You
Steve
1. I brought all the original docs they said to bring in the test letter/invite. With my interview,They didn't ask for any,but it's always better to be prepared than sorry in case they DO ask for anything.
2. I didn't. My son's documents were in the same file folder they had mine. IRCC officer just asked he's birthday. Might be a different process with you.
3. Interview is immediately after your test. They'll tell you to wait,if you're done early with your test,they'll call you for your interview. Mine took less than 5 mins... They asked routine questions.....about me,my job.
I haven't been out of Canada since I got here so they didn't even trouble with any exit/entry stamps. But my interviewer did ask about the GAPS in my passport,which I explained to her why.

There's this other applicant with me in the room who is taking longer going through the interview,my interviewer said he traveled a lot,hence he's got a lot of docs to reverify. So each process is different with everyone.

In my opinion,it's always better to be overly prepared.

Wish you the very best of luck on your test.

user3000

Mar 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

stargazerlilly said:
1. I brought all the original docs they said to bring in the test letter/invite. With my interview,They didn't ask for any,but it's always better to be prepared than sorry in case they DO ask for anything.
2. I didn't. My son's documents were in the same file folder they had mine. IRCC officer just asked he's birthday. Might be a different process with you.
3. Interview is immediately after your test. They'll tell you to wait,if you're done early with your test,they'll call you for your interview. Mine took less than 5 mins... They asked routine questions.....about me,my job.
I haven't been out of Canada since I got here so they didn't even trouble with any exit/entry stamps. But my interviewer did ask about the GAPS in my passport,which I explained to her why.

There's this other applicant with me in the room who is taking longer going through the interview,my interviewer said he traveled a lot,hence he's got a lot of docs to reverify. So each process is different with everyone.

In my opinion,it's always better to be overly prepared.

Wish you the very best of luck on your test.
What is the process for family applicants, do they call all the family members at once or do they call separately ?

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Thank you thecoolguysam, Gallant555 and stargazerlilly for your response.

Your responses will help me to be better prepared !

I have some trips to the USA where my re-entry to Canada has not been stamped on my passport. For those I will be carrying a copy of the online i94 record and also the air tickets as evidence. Hope that will work.

Does anyone else have a situation where entry into Canada was not stamped in passport ? Any suggestions....

Thank You
Steve

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Yes I had entry not stamped as well. But as I had declared all of those trips correctly on my residence calculator the officer had no concern during the interview.

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Rigly68 said:
Yes I had entry not stamped as well. But as I had declared all of those trips correctly on my residence calculator the officer had no concern during the interview.
Thank you Rigly68, your response is assuring.

VraiVie

Star Member
Jun 6, 2015

Rigly68 said:
me too i have some entries not stamped when i came by road. They have all our entries into Canada. I have a question i forgot one trip of 3 hours to US and i did send web form to advise about that right after my application was sent. Would tht be a problem. Should i take an updated residence calculator with that to the test? thanks for the answer guys

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

VraiVie said:
me too i have some entries not stamped when i came by road. They have all our entries into Canada. I have a question i forgot one trip of 3 hours to US and i did send web form to advise about that right after my application was sent. Would tht be a problem. Should i take an updated residence calculator with that to the test? thanks for the answer guys
Hi,

I had forgotten one day trip to the USA and I was worried too.
Good or bad, my application was returned as the photographer had forgotten to write the date on my son's picture and the entire application got rejected.
When I resubmitted the application, I included a new calculator with the one day trip along with a covering letter explaining that I forgot to mention the one day trip.
After that all was good and I got my Test Invite.

If you have your AOR, I suggest you declare it with a new residency calculator and sign same day as application and send it to them.

Steve

VraiVie

Star Member
Jun 6, 2015

.Steve said:
Hi,

I had forgotten one day trip to the USA and I was worried too.
Good or bad, my application was returned as the photographer had forgotten to write the date on my son's picture and the entire application got rejected.
When I resubmitted the application, I included a new calculator with the one day trip along with a covering letter explaining that I forgot to mention the one day trip.
After that all was good and I got my Test Invite.

If you have your AOR, I suggest you declare it with a new residency calculator and sign same day as application and send it to them.

Steve
i sent in the webform after my AOR explaining about that 3 hour trip. i got finger print request after.

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

VraiVie said:
i sent in the webform after my AOR explaining about that 3 hour trip. i got finger print request after.
I am not sure about finger print request process.... but IMO I don't think that has got to do with reporting a missing trip.

VraiVie

Star Member
Jun 6, 2015

.Steve said:
I am not sure about finger print request process.... but IMO I don't think that has got to do with reporting a missing trip.
getting a test invite will insure that everything is good and they have finalised my application? they agree with the calculation and all is good?

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

VraiVie said:
getting a test invite will insure that everything is good and they have finalised my application? they agree with the calculation and all is good?
Unfortunately it will not mean the application is finalized....some applicants have received RQ after test :(

user3000

Mar 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

user3000 said:
What is the process for family applicants, do they call all the family members at once or do they call separately ?
Can anyone please advice if the family applicants will be called all together for the interview after the test ?