+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Test Prepararion

ely727

Jan 24, 2016
Hi,

I got letter inform me for Citizenship Test, which is 4-5 days later, when I check website about the knowledge I should know, I realize it is definitely not possible to learn and remember so much info within such a short notice as I have to work, how long normally does it need to do preparation? what should I do?

Thanks for any advice in advance !

EricYP

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unless you take the chance and ask for a new test date - which could delay your application - your best bet is to read the "Discover Canada" book over and over again and in-between try some online practise tests: http://citizenshipcounts.ca/quiz; http://www.apnatoronto.com/canadian-citizenship-test-practice/

ely727

Jan 24, 2016
Great thanks Rigly68 .

Do you mean I may need to go test first, regardless pass or not, as they will reschedule it when needed?

EricYP

Naheulbeuck

Aug 14, 2015
ely727 said:
Great thanks Rigly68 .
No, what he means is that you can choose to contact them to let them know that you cannot make it at that date, however it will mean delaying potentially signicantly your citizenship as depending where you live it may be a while before they give you another appointment.

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ely727 said:
Hi,

I got letter inform me for Citizenship Test, which is 4-5 days later, when I check website about the knowledge I should know, I realize it is definitely not possible to learn and remember so much info within such a short notice as I have to work, how long normally does it need to do preparation? what should I do?

Thanks for any advice in advance !

EricYP
Go through the book once thoroughly and then do those practice tests, master those tests and you should be fine. Test is easy and getting 15 correct answers out of 20 is not a huge deal IMHO.

No bragging but I was in a similar situation as yours, read the book once and that was night before, did those practice tests and passed!

This is a fear of unknown, read the book, attempt those tests and you will do just fine :)

ely727

Jan 24, 2016
Thanks so much hsbalouch and Naheulbeuck, you guys are super star mentors on "Citizenship Test Prepararion"....

I called immigration center, I was informed to write to them for any schedule change, that sounds good to me though it will delay the process......

Thanks again everyone, this forum does help, I'm very appreciate it....

All the best !

EricYP

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ely727 said:
Thanks so much hsbalouch and Naheulbeuck, you guys are super star mentors on "Citizenship Test Prepararion"....

I called immigration center, I was informed to write to them for any schedule change, that sounds good to me though it will delay the process......

Thanks again everyone, this forum does help, I'm very appreciate it....

All the best !

EricYP
You're welcome and good luck for the test whenever you are taking it :)

stargazerlilly

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ely727 said:
Great thanks Rigly68 .

Do you mean I may need to go test first, regardless pass or not, as they will reschedule it when needed?

EricYP
IRCC gives you 2 more tries if you didn't pass your first. Officers said that they'll reschedule a 2nd test after 4-8 weeks (maybe more) to give one ample time to study.

Merchi

Nov 1, 2016
If you practice the test in multiple choice format it should be easier to remember everything. Good luck!