?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
10-25-2012
Hi all,

I would like to get a help for my question.
Currently I live in Edmonton and going to apply Citizenship soon.
I was wondering if I can take Citizenship test place in Vancouver rather than Edmonton.
I might be in Vancouver about a year later from now on.

Do you have any similar situation?

Thanks in advance !!

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
Hi all,

I was wondering if I can take Citizenship test place in Vancouver rather than Edmonton.

Thanks in advance !!
i think if you are going to apply soon you will be getting test invite in 5-8 months as i saw on spreadsheets because edmonton office is quick

JPBless

May 14, 2018
Hi all,

Thanks in advance !!
If you "apply soon" and use your current Edmonton address IRCC will send your file to the processing center closest to you, which I believe, is Edmonton. When you move to Vancouver inform IRCC that you have moved and request that your file be moved to Vancouver. However there is no guarantee that IRCC will move your file to Vancouver since IRCC does what IRCC wants to do.

There are people on this forum who moved and requested their file be moved and IRCC moved their file promptly. And there are people who moved from one province to another and requested their file be moved to their new province but nothing happened. Either way, you have to apply with the address you live at the time you are applying.

canvan14

May 8, 2014
I think you just have to take the risk if you want to submit your application now.
If you happen to move earlier than expected, then you have to submit a file transfer request and hope for it to be approved.
I read about a couple cases on here where people had to fly out for test/interview and oath ceremony since their files sill stayed with the original IRCC local office.

If you can wait until after you move for a smoother process, then do so.