Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017

InfinityCanada

Apr 22, 2022
Test completed May 2022. I do know if they handle these files different or if it is the same scenario even if we take the test from inside Canada!!

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Test completed May 2022. I do know if they handle these files different or if it is the same scenario even if we take the test from inside Canada!!
You probably will get interview.

InfinityCanada

Apr 22, 2022
So Far as I remember, they mentioned that I have to attend an interview upon return to Canada. I am wondering if they ask for an interview while I am outside. I am also wondering if I get any oath invitation before returning to Canada. I was looking if anyone went through the same boat!!

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
So Far as I remember, they mentioned that I have to attend an interview upon return to Canada. I am wondering if they ask for an interview while I am outside. I am also wondering if I get any oath invitation before returning to Canada. I was looking if anyone went through the same boat!!
I took interview outside 3 months ago. They should invite you for interview regardless of where you are.

Ana.me

Star Member
Jan 19, 2020
I took interview outside 3 months ago. They should invite you for interview regardless of where you are.
Wow, 3 months and no updates in the tracker ?
I did the test outside and looks like my application has significant delay compared with my brother ( who did it inside).
Is there any written IRCC rule not to take test/Interview from outside?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Wow, 3 months and no updates in the tracker ?
I did the test outside and looks like my application has significant delay compared with my brother ( who did it inside).
Is there any written IRCC rule not to take test/Interview from outside?
IRCC has been allowing applicants to take the test online while outside Canada for a good while now, and there have been a fair number of reports of interviews likewise while the applicant is abroad. Of course the applicant must disclose being abroad during either, and for certain NOT conceal or deceive IRCC about their location outside Canada.

There is difference of opinion in the forum in regards to how being outside Canada affects the process. Those who assert it has no negative impact are just plain wrong, since at the very least it is clear that many outside Canada encounter non-routine processing directly related to their being outside Canada . . . in particular, as noted in response to another of your posts, it is fairly common (even typical for certain local offices) for applicants known or perceived (by IRCC) to be living abroad (or otherwise abroad for an extended time, not merely traveling), to encounter non-routine processing in the form of requests for additional information.

For many applicants abroad, perhaps even most, this is not a big deal, the extent of the additional processing and resulting delays relatively small if not minimal. Three months may seem "significant" to you, but in the general scheme of IRCC's rather sluggish if not torpid processing of applications these days, for many seeing next-step progress in three or four months would be welcome news. Yeah, IRCC is at best proceeding at a plodding pace for now.

But for some, and we do not have a practical view of how many, the delays can be significant, as in more than three or four months, and additionally there is a wide range of potential non-routine processing. It can be very difficult to forecast who will be more affected.

The good news has been that there are numerous anecdotal reports of applicants known (by IRCC) to be abroad being scheduled for the oath, although a significant percentage of these involve applicants who needed to provide IRCC with either specific information about their planned return to Canada or affirmation they would return to Canada to be in Canada for a scheduled oath.

The good news for some, not so good for others, is that the prospect of more complex (and thus more inconvenient and more time consuming) non-routine processing is generally relative to whether there are other circumstances increasing the risk of this or that concern in regards to the applicant. The stronger the underlying case (like applying with a good margin of presence over the minimum requirement, solid address and work history in Canada), the better the odds there will be no more than incidental non-routine processing.

Overall, there should be little or no surprise that the process takes somewhat longer for an applicant IRCC knows or perceives to be abroad. Why has been discussed at length, and in-depth, in several topics here; but that's a conversation that tends to get derailed by agenda-driven abusive diatribes. And, for those trying to figure out how to best navigate the system, the "why" does not matter much, not nearly as much as recognizing how this and that can influence the process. Bringing this to the observation that while being abroad in-itself is in no way a reason for stalling processing, let alone denying an application, it is readily apparent that returning to Canada can often mean getting scheduled for the oath sooner. For many, maybe even most, there might be little difference; but for some, it is again readily apparent that returning to Canada can help to get scheduled for the oath sooner rather than later.

Regarding Oath: At the least, with rare (really meaning rare) exceptions, applicants abroad will need to return to Canada to take the oath. There are some forum participants holding out for the possibility of taking the oath while abroad. Not likely, not even close, they will have that opportunity. It's possible. But not likely, not even close.

InfinityCanada

Apr 22, 2022
I received an interview date while outside Canada. They didn't mention anything regarding joining from abroad. Can I attend the interview? if yes, what would be your advice for preparation? They asked for identify documents and copies of the passport as well.

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
I received an interview date while outside Canada. They didn't mention anything regarding joining from abroad. Can I attend the interview? if yes, what would be your advice for preparation? They asked for identify documents and copies of the passport as well.
Yes, you can. Get all of your IDs ready such as PR card, health card and Driver's license.

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Thank you! I wonder if the passport scanned copies are too big to send by email!
You can use your cell phone and take some low-resolution pictures which will be small or use online tools to compress the file。
Must be a single file less than 5 MB (told by agent).