+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Test - Mississauga Office

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
ALSO, is it all passports one has ever had. Or only those passports starting with the one used to land (in whic IMM visa was affixed)? Why would they be bothered with something before the passport used to land as PR (and of course all passports after that) ?

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
us2yow said:
ALSO, is it all passports one has ever had. Or only those passports starting with the one used to land (in whic IMM visa was affixed)? Why would they be bothered with something before the passport used to land as PR (and of course all passports after that) ?
Passports from the time of immigrant visa till present date

aryana

Mar 28, 2011
IBM
Good luck with your tests. Studying the discover canada book is good. I found a pdf document of questions and answers from richmondhill,BC library. They are very good . Only the MP's and our representatives information we have to update.Otherwise the canadian history and rest are very good.

From my expereince, even you have any tax documents etc to show that you were working from canada they do not see that there. Keep it with you just for your satisfaction

Good luck with your test

IBM

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
aryana said:
IBM
Good luck with your tests. Studying the discover canada book is good. I found a pdf document of questions and answers from richmondhill,BC library. They are very good . Only the MP's and our representatives information we have to update.Otherwise the canadian history and rest are very good.

From my expereince, even you have any tax documents etc to show that you were working from canada they do not see that there. Keep it with you just for your satisfaction

Good luck with your test
aryana,

Thank you very much.. It is weekend , preparing for the test. :)

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
But regardless of timelines and waits and other nagging hassles, we should consider the timeliness of our original PR application decision and securing PR ! :)

Looking at changes to policy now, I think if we zoomed out and looked at the big picture, most of us who applied and made it earlier came in during better times when the rules were different and more broad-based. It is very clear that since the changes of 2008 and Federal Skilled Worker program and now NOC classifications being updated along with only some very focused job categories they are seeking, many of us might NOT have qualified in the first place if we applied now.

IBM

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
Hello All,

I have attended the test and interview today.

1. My wife and myself reached office at 12:45 PM. At 1:00 PM officer moved us to test room.

2. At the test room entrance, they took our test notification letters.

3. In test room, they called each one, if you are with family member(s) they will call all members at the same time for the interview.

4. Called us around 3 PM, first she checked two ID(s), driver license, Helath card. Same for my wife.

5. Later started checking passports, each page with stamp and comparing the submitted application dates. All MUST match.. 100%.

6. All my US visa(s) are expired/cancelled. So no issues with US travel. :)

7. My wife has one vistor visa (B1/B2) visa in her passport. As per officer it is not an issue as it is visit visa. Again happy :)

8. I have my own corporation in Canada and working as IT consultant. I work from home, so she asked me about this. As per officer, having full time or employed at some company will prove that applicant was in Canada etc... and they can verify with employer etc... not happy :(

When we gave answres she made all notes in the application, verified and confirmed entry and exit dates from all passports.

Never asked about any extra documents like taxes etc.... I guess no need to take them. But just keep them, never know.

I had one visa in my passort which I have translated, I told her about this transaltion papers(s), she did not check these papers.

Interview was for 20 mins apprx...

Finally she said thank you very much.... :)

Test was at 4 PM.

Test was very easy, but please study the Discover Canada it is very very important.. because some questions are very tricky.

I think 18 or 19 were correct for me (15 should be correct out of 20), same for my wife.

I am very happy that atleast one step is over, let's see. I will update my status whenevr there is a change..

I think I will get RQ because of my work from home.

Thank you all,
IBM

IBM

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
kingmaker said:
HELLO IBM...Wish u best of lucK....are u be able to recall some test questions ? :)
Thank you.

Yes, I remeber some questions. But I don't remember exact question/sentence.

Topics were such as , House of commons, voting, remembernce day, 1939 war etc.. No questions on province MP name(s) etc...

Please note that they have different versions of test papers. When I discussed with my wife, all questions were different.

Thanks,
IBM.

Qureshi

Star Member
Nov 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2009
Doc's Request.
16-05-2010
Nomination.....
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
Feb 02, 2011
File Transfer...
NO
Med's Done....
Feb 15, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 4th , 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 10th, 2011
LANDED..........
Sep 20th 2011
IBM,

Thanks for detail info, please throw some light on it,

How you have canceled the US Visa. Visa page will remain in the passport. As I am planning to cancell the US visa for moving to Canada and don't want to have any issues in Future but tell me how can I get it cancelled from the passport. I believe when I will resign company will cancel it with USCIS but the visa page will be in my pp.

IBM said:
Hello All,

I have attended the test and interview today.

1. My wife and myself reached office at 12:45 PM. At 1:00 PM officer moved us to test room.

2. At the test room entrance, they took our test notification letters.

3. In test room, they called each one, if you are with family member(s) they will call all members at the same time for the interview.

4. Called us around 3 PM, first she checked two ID(s), driver license, Helath card. Same for my wife.

5. Later started checking passports, each page with stamp and comparing the submitted application dates. All MUST match.. 100%.

6. All my US visa(s) are expired/cancelled. So no issues with US travel. :)

7. My wife has one vistor visa (B1/B2) visa in her passport. As per officer it is not an issue as it is visit visa. Again happy :)

8. I have my own corporation in Canada and working as IT consultant. I work from home, so she asked me about this. As per officer, having full time or employed at some company will prove that applicant was in Canada etc... and they can verify with employer etc... not happy :(

When we gave answres she made all notes in the application, verified and confirmed entry and exit dates from all passports.

Never asked about any extra documents like taxes etc.... I guess no need to take them. But just keep them, never know.

I had one visa in my passort which I have translated, I told her about this transaltion papers(s), she did not check these papers.

Interview was for 20 mins apprx...

Finally she said thank you very much.... :)

Test was at 4 PM.

Test was very easy, but please study the Discover Canada it is very very important.. because some questions are very tricky.

I think 18 or 19 were correct for me (15 should be correct out of 20), same for my wife.

I am very happy that atleast one step is over, let's see. I will update my status whenevr there is a change..

I think I will get RQ because of my work from home.

Thank you all,
IBM

IBM

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
Qureshi said:
IBM,

Thanks for detail info, please throw some light on it,

How you have canceled the US Visa. Visa page will remain in the passport. As I am planning to cancell the US visa for moving to Canada and don't want to have any issues in Future but tell me how can I get it cancelled from the passport. I believe when I will resign company will cancel it with USCIS but the visa page will be in my pp.
When you apply for VISA renewal in USA, USCIS cancel the old visa.
There was one visa (last one) in my passport which was not cancelled, as I never applied for US visa after moving to Canada. But this visa has expired.
I don't know whether you can request to USCIS to put cancelled stamp on the visa or not.

Yes, I think when you resign the company, if company notifies USCIS they will cancel it, but visa stamp will be there in PP.

My advice, take a letter from your company that you have resigned the job. It will be helpful in future.

As per my understanding, when you apply for Citizenship they check if you have any valid H1 or F1 US visas in your passport or not.. This is very very important.

Thanks,
IBM