+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test, Language skills, Background verification, and Prohibitions is completed, while the physical presence are still in progress

NAS-71

Feb 13, 2024
My citizenship application status shows that the citizenship test, Language skills, Background verification, and Prohibitions is completed, while the physical presence are still in progress. Is not this strange? My Application filed in May 31 2022 and was invited to take the test in Jan 13 2023 then I was invited to attend interview on August 9 2023 and it was normal and no concerns, as I informed also I was informed that the Citizenship ceremony could take 3-4 months if they do not want from me any more documents or details, my last update was in AUG 9 2023 for Language skills and Prohibitions after the interview, until now I did not get any updates, Requests or invited for Citizenship ceremony, any advice? is that normal thing?.

Alan555

Dec 15, 2023
as your application has been in longer that the 15 month timeline, you should be able to call and they will put a note on the file for the officer working on your application. Could be that with all the other applications being addressed promptly (mid-2023 onwards), yours has slipped to the bottom of the pile.

Reactions: Tamiou

NAS-71

Feb 13, 2024
as your application has been in longer that the 15 month timeline, you should be able to call and they will put a note on the file for the officer working on your application. Could be that with all the other applications being addressed promptly (mid-2023 onwards), yours has slipped to the bottom of the pile.
Thanks , I sent one Enquiries in Jan 5 2024 to IRCC by filling one form and they replied in Jan 24 2024 with this email
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).​
We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application to become a Canadian citizen (grant of citizenship) is still in process.
At this time, all required documents and information have been received by the responsible office.
Rest assured that we understand how important this process is for you and we are making all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible. We will inform you once a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.​

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.
We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:
Sincerely,​

wonderwall007

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Thanks , I sent one Enquiries in Jan 5 2024 to IRCC by filling one form and they replied in Jan 24 2024 with this email
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).​
We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application to become a Canadian citizen (grant of citizenship) is still in process.
At this time, all required documents and information have been received by the responsible office.​
Rest assured that we understand how important this process is for you and we are making all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible. We will inform you once a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.​

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.
We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:​

Sincerely,​
This is a generic message everyone gets it