+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test: is it really so easy?

PhDstudent

Star Member
Aug 25, 2011
I read only a part of the book and tried some online mock tests, and it seems so easy, especially since some questions are always repeated...

Is it really that easy or is there a trick?

Reactions: salimnw

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
I read only a part of the book and tried some online mock tests, and it seems so easy, especially since some questions are always repeated...

Is it really that easy or is there a trick?
Online tests are just extra help. Do not rely on them to pass the test. Read the book thoroughly and completely multiple times in order to pass the test. Also, learn the captions on the various pages on the side of the pages.

adilmk123

Sep 13, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
8-8-11
Doc's Request.
Sent UK PCC voluntarily on 23-03-2012
File Transfer...
8-10-11
Med's Request
16-7-12
Med's Done....
23-7-12
Passport Req..
11-8-12
VISA ISSUED...
30-8-12
LANDED..........
Nov/Dec inshallah
I read the book once and scoring 60-70%. I think i will read it again. I ll be taking my test in 6 days. Not sure how difficult the actual test is.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
My impression is that a third is common sense (e.g. obviously "the right to ski everywhere" is not a charter right :) ), a third you know if you've lived in Canada for some years (e.g. which party is in power) but then there is the weird third which is the only part I need to learn, e.g. questions like what the main industry of Quebec is or where most wine is produced or what happened in 18XX. Mostly watch out for those, I would say.

Babayaro

Jun 30, 2016
No one telling what kind of questions were asked. I am not asking exact questions but it's not illegal to say mostly about history or date or etc. Jesus relax no one being helpful about test. I am getting %100 correct answers Richmond vsoul and aptoronto and still not sure whether I am ready for test or not. Please share your experience. Thank you

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
No one telling what kind of questions were asked. I am not asking exact questions but it's not illegal to say mostly about history or date or etc. Jesus relax no one being helpful about test. I am getting %100 correct answers Richmond vsoul and aptoronto and still not sure whether I am ready for test or not. Please share your experience. Thank you
Google is your friend :)

There is an official IRCC page with sample questions:

"The questions below are similar to the questions that are found on the citizenship test. Use these questions to prepare for your test. All the answers can be found in this study guide."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/discover-canada/read-online/study-questions.html

Babayaro

Jun 30, 2016
Google is your friend :)

There is an official IRCC page with sample questions:

"The questions below are similar to the questions that are found on the citizenship test. Use these questions to prepare for your test. All the answers can be found in this study guide."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/discover-canada/read-online/study-questions.html
I couldn't get questions from Google. Please share your experience.

adilmk123

Sep 13, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
8-8-11
Doc's Request.
Sent UK PCC voluntarily on 23-03-2012
File Transfer...
8-10-11
Med's Request
16-7-12
Med's Done....
23-7-12
Passport Req..
11-8-12
VISA ISSUED...
30-8-12
LANDED..........
Nov/Dec inshallah
There are a lot of dates in the book. Not sure if i should remember all the dates or just the main ones.

Felonious.Spunk

Jun 28, 2017
The questions weren't "mostly" about anything - other than Canada, that is. My test had a variety of questions -- and spyfy's note about the three categories rings true for me as well. The test isn't designed to trick you or trip you up, but it does do a good job of evaluating how well you've prepared. If you want to score 20/20, prepare well.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
are the sample questions reused or are the questions different in every new test?
From what I've heard, questions are similar. May be re-worded quite a bit though. Everything they ask is in the guide, is what I'm told whenever I ask people who took the test.

Only need 15/20 to pass. Reading the book twice and doing some samples should be good enough. I know people who prepared 3-4 hours a day before the test scored perfect on it.

Reactions: Babayaro

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
No surprises really.
Most questions are quite easy, common sense or important facts. Very few specific questions actually require a thorough study of the book. But it's only if you want to get 20/20.

Good luck !!

Babayaro

Jun 30, 2016
No surprises really.
Most questions are quite easy, common sense or important facts. Very few specific questions actually require a thorough study of the book. But it's only if you want to get 20/20.

Good luck !!
I have a problem. I can't memorize names or dates but I get %100 Richmond vsoul and aptoronto. Can you tell us more about your experience please? Thank you..

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
I have a problem. I can't memorize names or dates but I get %100 Richmond vsoul and aptoronto. Can you tell us more about your experience please? Thank you..
We've been told not to be specific...
You're more than ready if you get 100% on those ! You've memorised the most important dates and people already.

Maybe you won't remember, say, the equivalent of the Stanley Cup for women, but 90% of the questions I got weren't into that level of detail.