+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test in Glen Erin Mississauga

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
poushi what was the reason for the RQ for your wife. did you submitted family application and just your wife got RQ.

What happens to children application approval when either of parents get RQ is the children also stopped from getting next step

poushi24 said:
My wife had test Oct 21, 2013 and got RQ after test, still waiting for oath

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
Sophie_Anne please share your interview experience. what did they ask and why you think your oath is getting delayed.

Sophie_Anne said:
Nothing yet for us...still waiting to hear back from them. 2 months after the test and counting :(

poushi24

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
blueshirt said:
poushi what was the reason for the RQ for your wife. did you submitted family application and just your wife got RQ.

What happens to children application approval when either of parents get RQ is the children also stopped from getting next step
She got RQ because she travelled to US with advance parole. The officer took her interview didn't know what is Advance parole is. She thought its a parole like some kind of trouble with law. My wife explained her what is advance parole mean still she didn't believe her. Advance parole is if you don't have us visa and green card but your green card process is pending then they issue travel document if someone want to travel and want to comeback US without visa.
My wife only applied with my son. Since she got RQ my son process also stopped.

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
I see.. this is something new. our prayers for your family. hope things get cleared soon.

poushi24 said:
She got RQ because she travelled to US with advance parole. The officer took her interview didn't know what is Advance parole is. She thought its a parole like some kind of trouble with law. My wife explained her what is advance parole mean still she didn't believe her. Advance parole is if you don't have us visa and green card but your green card process is pending then they issue travel document if someone want to travel and want to comeback US without visa.
My wife only applied with my son. Since she got RQ my son process also stopped.

Sophie_Anne

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
No issues with the interview. Just be well prepared to support your travel history - that's key!
They did not hand out any oath letters to our group - although the interviewer claimed he had no concerns and we were good to go. He wanted to give us the oath letters on the spot, but as I said they were not prepared with any oath letters.

canadp

Feb 25, 2009
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2010
LANDED..........
29-07-2010
blueshirt said:
canadp you took the test 2 months ago. what was your status. please share interview experience in detail so we all can benefit. please share your file complexity or was it simple and interview was great. are you waiting for oath now or were you given oath letter right away
I am having Family file. all passed the test.

There is one US entry issue and interviewer needs to verify with CBSA. My US Visa renewal done on I-94 and there were no visa stamping on passport. When I came to Canada, I submitted my I-94 at the border so now on passport there were no proof how I got my visa renewal. Even I did not realize until she pointed out this. I had complete entry and resident calculation without a single day mistake.

Therefore I did not get the oath date at that time.

During my interview they only checked passport stamping to match with the form we filled out as resident calculator. No other documents were checked.

It took almost 1 hour to go through all our passports and documents which I did not expected. Lady was very good and ease.

I am waiting for my oath letter now.

NOTE: Take everything with you which proves your residency even if they do not need it. It is worth to keep.

canadp

poushi24

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
Sophie_Anne said:
No issues with the interview. Just be well prepared to support your travel history - that's key!
They did not hand out any oath letters to our group - although the interviewer claimed he had no concerns and we were good to go. He wanted to give us the oath letters on the spot, but as I said they were not prepared with any oath letters.
I am wondering how CIC officer wanted to give you oath letter without being prepared? Didn't he knew beforehand that oath letter is not ready?
Anyway Congrats Sophie_Anne

poushi24

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
canadp said:
I am having Family file. all passed the test.

There is one US entry issue and interviewer needs to verify with CBSA. My US Visa renewal done on I-94 and there were no visa stamping on passport. When I came to Canada, I submitted my I-94 at the border so now on passport there were no proof how I got my visa renewal. Even I did not realize until she pointed out this. I had complete entry and resident calculation without a single day mistake.

Therefore I did not get the oath date at that time.

During my interview they only checked passport stamping to match with the form we filled out as resident calculator. No other documents were checked.

It took almost 1 hour to go through all our passports and documents which I did not expected. Lady was very good and ease.

I am waiting for my oath letter now.

NOTE: Take everything with you which proves your residency even if they do not need it. It is worth to keep.

canadp
Thanks canadp for sharing your experience. Hope soon you will get oath invitation

stan7175

Feb 14, 2014
i took my test ( Family) on September24th @ 7:45 AM passed & waiting for Oath. Anyone here got their Oath who took the exam on Spetember24th @ mississauga?

Sophie_Anne

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
He said: "I have no concerns, let me see if we are giving out oath letters today". After checking he stated: "Sorry guys, no oath letters today, but I have no concerns and you will receive the invitations by mail shortly". I hope this clarifies...