+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test in Calgary

movinouter

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Is there anyone who recently had the test in Calgary? I'm about to have mine in 3 weeks. Started getting a bit nervous. Could you share your experiences?
How early should I go? and how long did it take to complete the test? Was it easy?
Luckily, I have the test and the oath ceremony on the same date (IF I PASS THE TEST!!!). If there is anyone who had the same situation, it would be even better!

Thanks guys!

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
Is there anyone who recently had the test in Calgary? I'm about to have mine in 3 weeks. Started getting a bit nervous. Could you share your experiences?
How early should I go? and how long did it take to complete the test? Was it easy?
Luckily, I have the test and the oath ceremony on the same date (IF I PASS THE TEST!!!). If there is anyone who had the same situation, it would be even better!

Thanks guys!
Hey, Sorry my test is next month
I am just curious that you got test invite and ceremony same day, Are you from Calgary or a small town aound it ?

I always read people’s experiences about test and ceremony , everybody advice the same thing , take all the original documents with you , read the discover canada 2-3 times and you’ll be fine

movinouter

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Hey, Sorry my test is next month
I am just curious that you got test invite and ceremony same day, Are you from Calgary or a small town aound it ?

I always read people’s experiences about test and ceremony , everybody advice the same thing , take all the original documents with you , read the discover canada 2-3 times and you’ll be fine
I'm from Canmore. Good luck to your test as well!

GrantM

Jul 4, 2014
South Africa
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2014
Nomination.....
28-10-2014
AOR Received.
19-11-2014
Med's Request
14-01-2015
Med's Done....
09-02-2015
Passport Req..
04-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-03-2015
Get there 15 minutes or so before. Park in the basement parking if you are not taking transit. It’s not cheap but it’s convenient.

We studied hard for the test, read the study guide twice and did lots of practice tests. We both passed. Longest wait is the wait to be called for the interview. We were lucky to be called quite quickly after writing the test so I don’t think we were even there for two hours in total.

Reactions: movinouter

irishibanez

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018
Visa Office......
Calgary

Thanks guys!
I had my test late February.
If you're driving make sure you give yourself enough time to find parking since it's Downtown but I totally forgot there was public parking right in front of the building. Anyways you don't have to come super early because you're just gonna have to wait in the hallway until like 5 mins before your scheduled test before they let people in the exam room. Test was easy enough if you studied the book atleast twice, I noticed that the questions are a bit tricky, i finished in less than 10 mins but took a few more minutes to review my answers, after the test you have to wait on the side until your name gets called for interview.
Hope that helps a bit, let me know if you have any questions.

Reactions: GraceCan

Samm1972

Jul 8, 2019
I had my test late February.
If you're driving make sure you give yourself enough time to find parking since it's Downtown but I totally forgot there was public parking right in front of the building. Anyways you don't have to come super early because you're just gonna have to wait in the hallway until like 5 mins before your scheduled test before they let people in the exam room. Test was easy enough if you studied the book atleast twice, I noticed that the questions are a bit tricky, i finished in less than 10 mins but took a few more minutes to review my answers, after the test you have to wait on the side until your name gets called for interview.
Hope that helps a bit, let me know if you have any questions.
Hello Irishibanez,

What was the nature/structure of your interview? What kind of questions were asked of you?

APAK

Nov 7, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2012
File Transfer...
Transferred to ottawa in Nov 2012,transferred to ISB july 2013
LANDED..........
cannot wait!!
I wrote my test in calgary today.
U can park the car outside the building after 6. My test was at 6 so free parking. Arrive 15 to 20 minutes early. They will check ur ID and send u in exam room. Once u r done, they will check your exam and take u to the interview officer who will check your documents
Thats it.

I did all the tests from apnatoronto.com a few times. I got 20/20. I read the book once but there was no need. Those tests r enough.

irishibanez

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018
Visa Office......
Calgary
Hello Irishibanez,

What was the nature/structure of your interview? What kind of questions were asked of you?
Mine was very simple, they just asked for my ID and asked me if I have declared everything on my file. and they made me sign to acknowledge that I have and he said I'm all good that I should be getting my Oath invite and 2-4 weeks. I asked if he needs to see the other documents that i had to bring he said no cus my file was very simple and that he has everything he needed.

hanuz06

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018

Thanks guys!
Hi, I wonder did they mention in the test invitation letter that you would have test and ceremony on the same date? I got invitation only for the test.

DaveMarquez

Nov 24, 2019
Im from Red Deer and Im schedule to write my text next week (first week of December). So nervous now. Thanks for the tip on apnatoronto.com I will try it. I being reading the book a lot and take a course to understand it, not that is to Sofi cult to do but any help counts. I’m scheduled as well same day for test and ceremony.

have a question, I’m a PR do I need to take the big letter that CIC give me when they granted me the PR or is enough with the PR card?