+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Test From Outside Canada

Nevine.Kassem

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
I am in USA. Contacted IRCC on Jan 4 on the email address provided along with the test invitation. I did not receive any response.
I did sent follow-up email on Jan 11.
Jan 16 is the last day for me to complete the exam.
Should I just take test? I see many people are talking about Microsoft Teams, do I have to anything special here?
please guide me.
Yes, Just take the test and put a mark that you are in Canada. My wife did that and she passed the exam.

Reactions: vir03

reCan

Star Member
Jan 21, 2022
Some people did receive test invites that they can do the test from outside Canada. Not everyone has this mentioned in their test invites. For instance, I don't see that in my test invite.
Hi Raj,

Your attention to detail and community support has helped many. I am curious on how you got this much data on your application. For example, the visa office of your application etc. Did you apply a GCMS for it?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi Raj,

Your attention to detail and community support has helped many. I am curious on how you got this much data on your application. For example, the visa office of your application etc. Did you apply a GCMS for it?
I applied for notes thrice. Twice during the application and once after oath. Plus, the processing office is easy to find out. It is usually the office in the area that you reside in. The test invite email will usually contain the office code as a part of the e-mail ID. For instance, I received an email with office code MIS in the email which denotes Mississauga office.

Reactions: gurpidesa and reCan

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015
I applied for notes thrice. Twice during the application and once after oath. Plus, the processing office is easy to find out. It is usually the office in the area that you reside in. The test invite email will usually contain the office code as a part of the e-mail ID. For instance, I received an email with office code MIS in the email which denotes Mississauga office.
thanks for sharing

I assumed applying for notes slow down the processing of your notes , did that happen with you !

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
thanks for sharing

I assumed applying for notes slow down the processing of your notes , did that happen with you !
IMO, that's a myth. There is no evidence to suggest this happens. I've applied for notes for both my PR and my citizenship application and I never had problems. There are so many others who apply for notes when they want to see what's going on with their application.

Reactions: cooldoc80

Seeker16

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-09-2016
Doc's Request.
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
12-04-2017
Hello everybody. I need urgently leave to country of origin and stay there for while. Can someone shed a light on next questions:
1. So we can pass test from any country outside of Canada online?
2. Does it somehow impact or slow down the application process after that? (Make extend oath ceremony date etc.)
3. Will it be possible to leave Canada now, take test from outside of Canada and come for Oath ceremony to be physically present here (Basically wait till Oath in other country come to Canada after receiving an email for Oath)

Thanks and Regards

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello everybody. I need urgently leave to country of origin and stay there for while. Can someone shed a light on next questions:
1. So we can pass test from any country outside of Canada online?
2. Does it somehow impact or slow down the application process after that? (Make extend oath ceremony date etc.)
3. Will it be possible to leave Canada now, take test from outside of Canada and come for Oath ceremony to be physically present here (Basically wait till Oath in other country come to Canada after receiving an email for Oath)

Thanks and Regards
1. Yes.
2. After you take the test, you might be asked if you are still outside Canada and a tentative date of when you are coming back. Several applicants have been asked this before. Here's an example
3. Might be. If they decide to process the application without what is mentioned in Step 2, then it might be possible. But generally, I think they will confirm your presence in Canada before the proceed further is what I think might happen.

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015
Any new updates about taking the citizenship test outside Canada ? I know it is possible but the big question is are they still asking anybody who done the test outside canada to show proof of when they will come back to Canada? Because if that is the case then they will stop the proessing and a person is better off just returning to do the online test in Canada as stupid as it may sound!

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Any new updates about taking the citizenship test outside Canada ? I know it is possible but the big question is are they still asking anybody who done the test outside canada to show proof of when they will come back to Canada? Because if that is the case then they will stop the proessing and a person is better off just returning to do the online test in Canada as stupid as it may sound!
Quite a few reports of applicants taking the test outside Canada, but physical presence in Canada is a must for the Oath.
So far I have read of only one individual on the forum who claimed to have taken the Oath outside Canada, so you can decide on its validity.
Oath invite mentions that you confirm you are in Canada before taking the oath.
Some one has also reported a request for submission of all pages of passport after the test abroad. So it would be safe to assume that you will have to return to Canada at some point in time for oath or risk delaying closure.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
You can take the test outside Canada. However, many applicants are requested to contact IRCC after they are back in Canada (proof of return required) so that further processing (DM/Oath) can continue. I recall reports of some applicants who are taking test outside Canada being asked tentative dates of return to Canada.

I think this varies from person to person, not everyone is processed the same way from the looks of it.

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
FYI, interview can also be done outside Canada.