Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017

sprakash

Sep 16, 2016
My profile on website shows that I my citizenship test is between May 20 to June 9 2022. I am traveling outside Canada, I am supposed to send them an email to update about my out of country status for the exam. To inform them I need email which is under eligibility section in the invitation. My issue is that I have not received any email/ invitation, what should I do in such case? How long will it take to receive an invitation in your inbox?

Appreciate someone's quick response in this regard if you have any knowledge.

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
My profile on website shows that I my citizenship test is between May 20 to June 9 2022. I am traveling outside Canada, I am supposed to send them an email to update about my out of country status for the exam. To inform them I need email which is under eligibility section in the invitation. My issue is that I have not received any email/ invitation, what should I do in such case? How long will it take to receive an invitation in your inbox?

Appreciate someone's quick response in this regard if you have any knowledge.
I got email 1 week before test date.

anaqi

Star Member
Jun 2, 2016
My experience with taking test outside, I got an email to take the test while I was outside country. Test date was scheduled Apr 22 - May 12.

Apr 19 - Email invite and replied to email I'm "outside country"
(no response from IRCC)
May 7 - Took the online test
May 17 - Marked as complete on application status
May 24 - Got an email they scheduled interview on Microsoft teams for June 7
May 31 - IRCC agent replied to the "outside country" email asking when I'm returning to Canada and flight itinerary

My return flight is on June 4 and will be back in canada before my scheduled interview.

Last edited:

sitareh19

Mar 22, 2016
Hello everyone, I received the invitation for the citizenship test on Friday, but I am currently outside of Canada.
I sent the email per instructions included in the letter - is anyone in the same boat?

I was wondering how fast they will respond (someone said they replied within 30 min, but it's been two days for me already). The office in my letter is Montreal.

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Hello everyone, I received the invitation for the citizenship test on Friday, but I am currently outside of Canada.
I sent the email per instructions included in the letter - is anyone in the same boat?

I was wondering how fast they will respond (someone said they replied within 30 min, but it's been two days for me already). The office in my letter is Montreal.
Probably next day.

sitareh19

Mar 22, 2016
Hello again, since I still haven't received a response, after reading the whole email again, I wonder if the process has changed? It seems that now, I would need to call to find out whether they confirmed I can take the test outside of Canada?

Please see the screenshot of the instructions below:

https://postimg.cc/7Cy9zDsS

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Hello again, since I still haven't received a response, after reading the whole email again, I wonder if the process has changed? It seems that now, I would need to call to find out whether they confirmed I can take the test outside of Canada?

Please see the screenshot of the instructions below:

https://postimg.cc/7Cy9zDsS
I've confirmed that you can:
submit application overseas (my friend)
take test overseas (myself)
take interview overseas (myself)
take oath overseas (my friend, special occasion)

Reactions: sitareh19

sitareh19

Mar 22, 2016
I've confirmed that you can:
submit application overseas (my friend)
take test overseas (myself)
take interview overseas (myself)
take oath overseas (my friend, special occasion)
Thank you for all the information and input, so appreciated! - I know I should at least be able to take the test from outside of Canada.
I am just not sure what to do in case I do not receive an answer from them - my test period starts today and ends June 30 and I do not want to fail it by not taking it, but also do not want to take it, unless they confirmed I am allowed to do so. Would you have any advice?

I called the call center on Friday and was advised there was no note on the file and that I have to wait for the email. However, the agent was only talking about the fact that the test will most likely be rescheduled for when I'm back in Canada (he advised it's on a case-by-case basis).

Seeker16

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-09-2016
Doc's Request.
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
12-04-2017
Hello everybody.

I lost my PR card and all other documents in my home country two weeks ago. Can not find it. Applied for citizenship a year ago. Waiting for test. I am outside of Canada. Contacted with embassy they do not understand the problem. They are making me Travel Document. Will it sufficient for online test??? Does anybody encountered this kind a problem?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hello everybody.

I lost my PR card and all other documents in my home country two weeks ago. Can not find it. Applied for citizenship a year ago. Waiting for test. I am outside of Canada. Contacted with embassy they do not understand the problem. They are making me Travel Document. Will it sufficient for online test??? Does anybody encountered this kind a problem?
Since covid, people are being allowed to take test outside Canada.

If PR card is lost and you have a valid PRTD from the Canadian embassy, that should work in place of the PR card.