+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test FAILED. Consequences? Steps to follow

LEP_582

Jul 4, 2018
Share experiences about failing the citizenship test. Procedures, implications for the rest of the group of applicants like extended processing times, etc

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Share experiences about failing the citizenship test. Procedures, implications for the rest of the group of applicants like extended processing times, etc
Hi

definitely extended time as Application for whole family is one. Nothing to worry as you will get another chance to rewrite test.

see below for further

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test.html#toc4

If you don’t pass your first test
If you don’t pass your first written test, but meet the other requirements for citizenship, we will schedule you for a second test.

If you don’t pass your second test, we will send you a notice telling you to come to an interview with a citizenship officer. The interview:

• will last 30 to 90 minutes
  • may be in person or by videoconference
  • gives you the chance to show you meet the requirements, including:
    • language
    • knowledge of Canada
If we ask you to go to an interview, but you applied for citizenship with your family, we will process your application separately from your family's. If you don’t want to be processed separately, you can ask us to pause the rest of the applications.

Good Luck

LEP_582

Jul 4, 2018
Hi

definitely extended time as Application for whole family is one. Nothing to worry as you will get another chance to rewrite test.

see below for further

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test.html#toc4

If you don’t pass your first test
If you don’t pass your first written test, but meet the other requirements for citizenship, we will schedule you for a second test.

If you don’t pass your second test, we will send you a notice telling you to come to an interview with a citizenship officer. The interview:

• will last 30 to 90 minutes
  • may be in person or by videoconference
  • gives you the chance to show you meet the requirements, including:
    • language
    • knowledge of Canada
If we ask you to go to an interview, but you applied for citizenship with your family, we will process your application separately from your family's. If you don’t want to be processed separately, you can ask us to pause the rest of the applications.

Good Luck
Thank you! Very good info :D

ImageOfLight

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
Oh really. ok. Did you plan about the dress you gonna wear during oath?
Good one.

No. Actually I have not been invited yet to the test, my application is "In Process" it is just out of curiosity/general knowledge
I'm glad to hear this is just a hypothetical. Given the long wait times, i feel sad for anyone who shoots themselves in the foot by failing a test or requesting for a reschedule.

YYZone

Dec 8, 2017
I saw people struggling in my test group. It’s truly scandalous for anyone to fail this test as it is very easy. Application should go to back of line in such cases.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
I saw people struggling in my test group. It’s truly scandalous for anyone to fail this test as it is very easy. Application should go to back of line in such cases.
It can be difficult for people if the;r English/French is not very good. Otherwise if you have some language fluency and take the time to study, it is not bad.