+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test email not received yet

supercake

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
VANCOUVER
Possibly. I did not receive mine until 48 hours before. The most important thing is to NOT wait for the email if you still haven't received it during the period of 03 Dec - 23 Dec. You can still do the test without the email. The link is publicly available on the IRCC website and can be accessed once you have been invited during the dates specified.

LINK: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/online.html#start

mhd10

Star Member
Oct 15, 2016
I’ve been scheduled for the test between dec 3rd and dec 23rd! No email received yet! Is this normal?
In most cases they send the email a day or two before your test start date so you still have time. One important thing to note is that if by dec 3rd you have not recieved the email invitation, contact IRCC and let them know you did not recieve it so they can send you the email qs many applicants have encountered this issue. DO NOT attempt to take the test without getting the email invitation (for example through the status link) as some applicants who did that reported that IRCC asked them to retake the test as they had accessed the link without the email invitation.

Reactions: Aspiring Canadian

mhd10

Star Member
Oct 15, 2016
Possibly. I did not receive mine until 48 hours before. The most important thing is to NOT wait for the email if you still haven't received it during the period of 03 Dec - 23 Dec. You can still do the test without the email. The link is publicly available on the IRCC website and can be accessed once you have been invited during the dates specified.

LINK: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/online.html#start
Just wanted to mention that there were some applicants in this forum who gave the test that way without getting the email and IRCC later contacted them to retake the test because they had done it through the status link without getting the email. If this is a random thing or not no one knows.

To be on the safe side, it would be best for them to contact IRCC if they have not received the email invitation by dec 3rd which is their start date.

supercake

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
VANCOUVER
Just wanted to mention that there were some applicants in this forum who gave the test that way without getting the email and IRCC later contacted them to retake the test because they had done it through the status link without getting the email. If this is a random thing or not no one knows.

To be on the safe side, it would be best for them to contact IRCC if they have not received the email invitation by dec 3rd which is their start date.
Definitely a good idea to contact IRCC. Whether or not you get a reply is another story. Someone in April 2020 was waiting for them to send the link and they did not. So they called and an agent assured them a link would be sent to their email. Their test window came and went with no email. IRCC are doing their best but people are slipping through the cracks so always good to be proactive about your case.

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
Thank you so much for your guidance guys. I’m gonna spend the next two or three days studying and it I don’t get the email by thw 3rd I’ll call them.
I hope they send it though