+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Test - documents to bring

adam86

Feb 16, 2012
Hello,

My wife just received the notice for the citizenship Test, she just sent her only passport for renewal last Thursday and they require all passports when she comes to wirte the test. I'm afraid this would be problematic

Any suggestions/advice on what should we do?

ajithpl

Aug 5, 2010
Surrey, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You may call IRCC and explain the situation. They might make a note on their file or have your exam rescheduled for a later date once the passports are there in your disposal.

simoncanada

Dec 3, 2015
ajithpl said:
You may call IRCC and explain the situation. They might make a note on their file or have your exam rescheduled for a later date once the passports are there in your disposal.
but do they need valid passport

joseph18

Star Member
Apr 30, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
simoncanada said:
but do they need valid passport
When I went for my citizenship test, they didn't even ask me to show any of the originals of the photocopies that I sent with my application.

You can try to explain to them about the situation ahead of time by calling them. Or maybe you can tell them that you have a copy of the application form of the passport renewal that you sent or any receipt showing that the passport is getting renewed to show them as a proof if you have one. Hopefully that they will let it slide and ask you to show it to them during your oath.

I find it a waste of time if you ask them to reschedule your test date. So I suggest that this should be your last resort. Who knows when will be the rescheduled test date.