+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test: Collective action required, or expect endless delays, years. Example of the effective lobbyng of people awaiting spousal sponsorship

ott-613

Dec 16, 2019
What makes me more sad and disappointed is to read posts in this forum by people who are shopping the citizenship and boldly asking for help as they plan to submit the applications and leave canada for better job/life elsewhere. Shame on you .

causing delays and taking the queue of someone who is dreaming to live and die in canada as proud canadian. Yes they have freedom and right to live where they want , but this is just not right.

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
What makes me more sad and disappointed is to read posts in this forum by people who are shopping the citizenship and boldly asking for help as they plan to submit the applications and leave canada for better job/life elsewhere. Shame on you .

causing delays and taking the queue of someone who is dreaming to live and die in canada as proud canadian. Yes they have freedom and right to live where they want , but this is just not right.
I saw the thread in question and your answer to the person ... The timming is curious, it can be a coincidence, which is indeed sad ... Or something premeditated.

It's a shame, it will feed xenophobes and racists and give them arguments ... But we must not be discouraged in spite of everything, and do everything to demand the resumption of citizenship tests ... This situation is ridiculous. Australia has resumed online testing, other countries as well, the USA practice distancing and health rules ...
We must not let go or lose hope.

Concrete actions are in the process of being planned now (Not here, it would be immediately deleted by the moderators, because I quote them '' this platform is not made to organize demonstrations), but on social networks.

People will not be able to wait forever.

ott-613

Dec 16, 2019
I saw the thread in question and your answer to the person ... The timming is curious, it can be a coincidence, which is indeed sad ... Or something premeditated.

It's a shame, it will feed xenophobes and racists and give them arguments ... But we must not be discouraged in spite of everything, and do everything to demand the resumption of citizenship tests ... This situation is ridiculous. Australia has resumed online testing, other countries as well, the USA practice distancing and health rules ...
We must not let go or lose hope.

Concrete actions are in the process of being planned now (Not here, it would be immediately deleted by the moderators, because I quote them '' this platform is not made to organize demonstrations), but on social networks.

People will not be able to wait forever.
We will not loose hope, covid 19 break the records with high infection rate ...

Every sector will look to what matter most and what need to be prioritized in this dark tome. but when officials see people claiming ‘ we lost 3 years of our life here and hence we have right to apply for citizenship and take next flight elsewhere ’ ofcourse they will not prioritize the citizenship!! .. just read what people comment in that post ... just shame .

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
We will not loose hope, covid 19 break the records with high infection rate ...

Every sector will look to what matter most and what need to be prioritized in this dark tome. but when officials see people claiming ‘ we lost 3 years of our life here and hence we have right to apply for citizenship and take next flight elsewhere ’ ofcourse they will not prioritize the citizenship!! .. just read what people comment in that post ... just shame .
It is quite possible - given the timing - that this is a false profile established by an IRCC employee who takes advantage of code 699 who himself published this post ... To sow discord, hatize hatred, and hope for even more benefit from code 699 according to the reasoning which you put forward ... Scenario entirely possible.

It is absolutely necessary to go out and demonstrate in the street, to establish a balance of power, pressure, and lobying, as we do with spousal sponsors. This is the only way to balance things out a bit.

ott-613

Dec 16, 2019
It is quite possible - given the timing - that this is a false profile established by an IRCC employee who takes advantage of code 699 who himself published this post ... To sow discord, hatize hatred, and hope for even more benefit from code 699 according to the reasoning which you put forward ... Scenario entirely possible.

It is absolutely necessary to go out and demonstrate in the street, to establish a balance of power, pressure, and lobying, as we do with spousal sponsors. This is the only way to balance things out a bit.
I don’t agree or believe that those type of messages came from ircc . Impossible. Dont assume the bad there.

It seems someone who have alot of money and dont care about living here, someone think they are entitled to everything, including citizenship.

people like us who have their life in the hook and need a chance in canada, to get the job and become proud canadian.

i have faith in IRCC, all they need is to share clear plan on when our applications can be processed again with covid situation.

JHT

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020

we should continue to be taxed on our worldwide income while the government continues to indefinitely not recognize us as citizens even though all requirements have been well met.

and also we shouldn’t dare to ask the government to work responsible and in a timely manner.

we should not dare to think of moving abroad while the government continues to do this.

ott-613

Dec 16, 2019
we should continue to be taxed on our worldwide income while the government continues to indefinitely not recognize us as citizens even though all requirements have been well met.

and also we shouldn’t dare to ask the government to work responsible and in a timely manner.

we should not dare to think of moving abroad while the government continues to do this.
What is your point ?

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
piotrqc said
You post link after link with your interpretation of various government acts and releases and when a person disagrees with you, you attack them. You accuse them of being negative, having ulterior motives, or make unfounded personal attacks. You make claims against government employees with no evidence.

Yes, I think that’s toxic behavior. I disagree with some of your suggested actions pertaining to the current crisis we are all going through.

Last edited:

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
[

1. Yes, we should be continued to be taxed. That’s part of living in Canada. And no, we haven’t met all the requirements such as the test and oath which is why we are currently frustrated.

2. No one has said people shouldn't contact local MPs or call IRCC to ask what is going on with their citizenship applications. The main bone of contention is the best way to approach the government, not whether or not we should.

3. A temporary move is understandable. What some people find offensive are the people who have no intention of actually living in Canada, but want to get citizenship anyway. That is a big problem and casts a very negative light on all immigrants. The Vancouver Sun just ran an article about this regarding visas.

zumbagirl

Mar 15, 2016
Yes, that's true. Over 50 GCMS Notes have seen no activity since March 15 till Oct 2020
shoot,
that is really aggravating. I thought that all the delays are only in the face to face steps....
clearly they have not mastered remote desktop at immigration canada just yet...

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Universities are using a monitoring exam right now that can validate your ID and monitor you during the exam. IRCC can implement using one of those and even speed up the whole process!!

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
Hello everyone,
Here are the contact details of a journalist specializing in immigration:

https://www.thestar.com/authors.keung_nicholas.html

Nicholas keung
Immigration Reporter
416-869-4577

nkeung@thestar.ca

Someone had also already posted here the contact details of a CBC reporter specializing in the same subject, here is her contact details again:

Kathleen Harris from CBC news kathleen.harris@cbc.ca.

I think this is the best opportunity for us to raise awareness about this issue and help each other and future citizenship applicants. Please take a minute and write to her ASAP!

For the specific case of the CBC reporter, most of you will know that she has written a story on our cause before. But there is no harm, I believe (we have nothing to lose) to maintain the pressure by continuing to write to him, and to update him on the situation that lasts + Maybe also make a allusion to the latest developments (The movement that was born on social networks, the state of the backwardness which is worsening, specifically talking to him about the 699 code and the conflict between the union of federal workers and the Treasury Board of Canada in sending him the last links we shared here, etc ...).

As far as I'm concerned, I will send a detailed email to the editorial staff of Radio-Canada Télé (public broadcaster equivalent to CBC TV in French). My French is much better than my English.
In spite of everything, I will leave you the contact details of the Radio-Canada Télé editorial staff. Here is the page for the specific contact form to share news or report a situation. It is the editorial staff that makes the news that will read it!

https://ici.radio-canada.ca/partager-nouvelle

N'hésitez pas à les contacter aussi si vous êtes bon dans la langue de Molière ! ... Plus on sera nombreux, plus ils prêteront attention!

It's up to you to make good use of all this information.

Do not hesitate to share other details of other journalists specializing in immigration if you have, you have to make as much noise as possible!

Don't give up,, do not let ourselves be discouraged! ... The lobbying and the media and other pressure worked, the spousal sponsors demonstrated it to us. Courage everyone!

, Piotr.

Reactions: Flandernss

skydiving

Jul 18, 2015
Universities are using a monitoring exam right now that can validate your ID and monitor you during the exam. IRCC can implement using one of those and even speed up the whole process!!
Exactly, but if some want to find excuses not to do something, there are always some excuses floating around...We as applicants in more vulnerable positions just can't win anyhow...

JHT

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
[

1. Yes, we should be continued to be taxed. That’s part of living in Canada. And no, we haven’t met all the requirements such as the test and oath which is why we are currently frustrated.

2. No one has said people shouldn't contact local MPs or call IRCC to ask what is going on with their citizenship applications. The main bone of contention is the best way to approach the government, not whether or not we should.

3. A temporary move is understandable. What some people find offensive are the people who have no intention of actually living in Canada, but want to get citizenship anyway. That is a big problem and casts a very negative light on all immigrants. The Vancouver Sun just ran an article about this regarding visas.
Yup actually would be better if
Canada should copy what glorious North Korea does to it’s citizens that thinks of or tries to leave

also I love paying taxes for where I don’t get hardly get any service or help from the government

also I love being indefinitely being treated a foreigner even though I have well met the requirements for citizenship and have paid taxes in full on my income worldwide.

For sure the government completely knows how to be very efficient.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: siddharthbala

twrooney

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
shoot,
that is really aggravating. I thought that all the delays are only in the face to face steps....
clearly they have not mastered remote desktop at immigration canada just yet...
Yes that is really really depressing.
All our files are in paper form, CIC still uses paper forms for some of the verification.
Remote Desktop far from the reach as this job requires secret clearance.
I really hope we as team can raise our voice as if we cannot raise our voice and let our voice heard, we will be stuck for many many years.

Reactions: piotrqc