+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test at Scarborough, May 2012 Applicant

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
Hi guys,

Very pleased to tell you that I had my test today and passed 20/20 :). The test was not difficult, I studied a lot though! I bought the online practice test and practiced it until I got 100% on all the Simulation/Chapters tests. I finished the actual test in 3 minutes but checked my answers three times before handing it over ha ha...The Oath waiting time would be between 2 to 4 months :) Oh and the person who interviewed me was so sweet and polite!

Thanks to all of you guys for your wonderful support!

Randypandy

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Yolka for sharing your test experience today.

Can you please share your CO Interview and ID verfication expericnce today at Scarborough CIC.

I have my test on Feb11th .

Thanks
Randy

Yolka said:
Hi guys,

Very pleased to tell you that I had my test today and passed 20/20 :). The test was not difficult, I studied a lot though! I bought the online practice test and practiced it until I got 100% on all the Simulation/Chapters tests. I finished the actual test in 3 minutes but checked my answers three times before handing it over ha ha...The Oath waiting time would be between 2 to 4 months :) Oh and the person who interviewed me was so sweet and polite!

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
Randypandy said:
Thanks Yolka for sharing your test experience today.

Can you please share your CO Interview and ID verfication expericnce today at Scarborough CIC.

I have my test on Feb11th .

Thanks
Randy
Thanks RandyPandy,

After you handle your test answers to the agent you proceed to the interview room. There were four interviewers. I waited maximum 15 minutes to be called to the interview. You should have all your required docs ready before you head to the desk. You bring a copy of your biometric page of the passport only (I photocopied the whole passport but they asked for that page only).

So, the agent looked at:
1. My original passport
2. A copy of my biometric page of the passport (also a copy of the page of extension of my passport)
3. My Landing paper (it has to be original), she just looked at it and gave it back to me
4. My PR card (also original)
5. My Driving license (original)

I also brought copies of the docs I submitted with my citizenship application (it mentions on the Test Invitation letter to bring with you, should be translated if not in English) but she did not ask for them.

At the interview she asked me what do I do, if I traveled during the 4 years before applying for my citizenship, what does my husband do. I told her about me moving abroad after applying for citizenship and she asked when did I move and when is my return ticket and whether I will be able to come to Oath in short notice. The lady who interviewed me was very nice and polite.

The interview was very short, hardly 10 minutes. Make sure you give full answers to the questions as the interview is part of the test too.

Good luck with the test, it is not hard if you study the book and do online tests.

Randypandy

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Yolka

That was very helpfull info. All the best with your Oath invite.

Randy

Yolka said:
Thanks RandyPandy,

After you handle your test answers to the agent you proceed to the interview room. There were four interviewers. I waited maximum 15 minutes to be called to the interview. You should have all your required docs ready before you head to the desk. You bring a copy of your biometric page of the passport only (I photocopied the whole passport but they asked for that page only).

So, the agent looked at:
1. My original passport
2. A copy of my biometric page of the passport (also a copy of the page of extension of my passport)
3. My Landing paper (it has to be original), she just looked at it and gave it back to me
4. My PR card (also original)
5. My Driving license (original)

I also brought copies of the docs I submitted with my citizenship application (it mentions on the Test Invitation letter to bring with you, should be translated if not in English) but she did not ask for them.

At the interview she asked me what do I do, if I traveled during the 4 years before applying for my citizenship, what does my husband do. I told her about me moving abroad after applying for citizenship and she asked when did I move and when is my return ticket and whether I will be able to come to Oath in short notice. The lady who interviewed me was very nice and polite.

The interview was very short, hardly 10 minutes. Make sure you give full answers to the questions as the interview is part of the test too.

Good luck with the test, it is not hard if you study the book and do online tests.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yolka said:
Hi guys,

Congratulations. You are almost there. In few weeks you will get your Oath letter.

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
professional 1 said:
Congratulations. You are almost there. In few weeks you will get your Oath letter.
Thank you! yes :) almost there. I wish I knew when I get the Oath. We have return tickets for January 31st, if I knew I get the Oath in two weeks I would change our tickets :-( it is hard to travel with little kids and expansive!

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yolka said:
Thank you! yes :) almost there. I wish I knew when I get the Oath. We have return tickets for January 31st, if I knew I get the Oath in two weeks I would change our tickets :-( it is hard to travel with little kids and expansive!
It actually could be in 2 weeks since the holiday season is over. Maximum of 4 weeks and you will be a proud Canadian citizen :)

Waiting to hear your good news soon.

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't want to burst your bubble, but I don't think 4 weeks is true. It really depends on the local office. It could take 2 weeks or 3 months. No one knows. It's better not to predict or speculate at this stage.
Yolka, just keep track of your ecas (once or twice per week should be enough, if not everyday :p).
Good luck ;D

professional 1 said:
It actually could be in 2 weeks since the holiday season is over. Maximum of 4 weeks and you will be a proud Canadian citizen :)

Waiting to hear your good news soon.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farrous13 said:
but I don't think 4 weeks is true. It really depends on the local office. It could take 2 weeks or 3 months. No one knows. It's better not to predict or speculate at this stage.
You commented and answered yourself already.

Each case is different and we are trying to make people positive. That is why we are all here.

Mine was only 5 weeks at the same office to show my Oath online and one more week to recieve the actual letter during the holidays season.

Try to always encourage others and think positively.

Oh, by the way: Thinking positively has nothing to do with predictions and speculations.

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Professional 1,
My comment was positive. I mentioned that applicants should always keep track of their ecas. Timelines change.
It wasn't targeted against you or anyone for that matter. ::)

professional 1 said:
You commented and answered yourself already.

Each case is different and we are trying to make people positive. That is why we are all here.

Mine was only 5 weeks at the same office to show my Oath online and one more week to recieve the actual letter during the holidays season.

Try to always encourage others and think positively.

Oh, by the way: Thinking positively has nothing to do with predictions and speculations.

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yolka,
I just remembered a post on another forum:
It says that if an applicant is driving or travelling more than 1.5 hours to take the test, the CIC can be asked to arrange the test and the oath on the same day (this might not be true, I just read that from a post).
It's too late for you now. But hope it helps another applicant.
Hope you didn't get the negative vibe from my previous post like others did. Please just check your ecas regularly. My sister got invited to the oath in Montreal on Feb 05, 2014. 2 months after her test. Wasn't expected.
Good Luck :D

Yolka said:

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Folks, I just passed the test at Scarborough in this afternoon shift :)

got 20/20..oath in 2 Months.. it was written in the board too

Now looking forward to Oath.

Randypandy

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Vinaypuri Congrats.. Hope you will be getting your Oath notification soon.

How about the test ..?

Randy

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vinaypuri said:
Folks, I just passed the test at Scarborough in this afternoon shift :)

got 20/20...no specific questions asked, all she was asking, where I work, what I do, how long etc. That's about it... at the end she said oath in 2 Months.. it was written in the board too

Now looking forward to Oath.
Congrats on your good news and hope you get your Oath soon.

Good luck.