+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test and Minor's citizenship

msusmani

Apr 14, 2012
Hi,

I have a citizenship test and I have the originals. However, I wanted to understand the procedure for grant of citizenship to my daughter who is 11? I assume that she doesn't have to appear for her test. Is her citizenship application in anyway affected by my test result?

TIA.

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
Hi,

I have a citizenship test and I have the originals. However, I wanted to understand the procedure for grant of citizenship to my daughter who is 11? I assume that she doesn't have to appear for her test. Is her citizenship application in anyway affected by my test result?

TIA.
Yes, your daughter doesn’t need to appear for the test. Her citizenship will depend on YOU ( the pressure is on lol) so please make sure to pass the test. Read and understand the book.

If for example, you didn’t pass the test the first time then you will be scheduled for a second test.. if you don’t pass the 2nd test then you will have to appear in front of a citizenship judge.

When you pass the test then you and your daughter’s application will proceed!

Good luck!

Mayur321

Feb 27, 2020
Hi Friends,

I have a question on submitting the citizenship application with Kids. My family is planning to travel to Home country for 2 years and i would like to submit my citizenship application along with my Kids & I will be staying here in Canada until I get the citizenship. Firstly, is it allowed to submit application along with kids if the Kids are not physically present here at the time of Oath? Will there be any hiccups if I do so?
Is it mandatory to have the kids (Under 14 years) present for oath?
I am too confused to take step, please advise me.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi Friends,

I have a question on submitting the citizenship application with Kids. My family is planning to travel to Home country for 2 years and i would like to submit my citizenship application along with my Kids & I will be staying here in Canada until I get the citizenship. Firstly, is it allowed to submit application along with kids if the Kids are not physically present here at the time of Oath? Will there be any hiccups if I do so?
Is it mandatory to have the kids (Under 14 years) present for oath?
I am too confused to take step, please advise me.
Kids under 14 its not mandatory to be present for oath.