Along File
Med's Request
05-11-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 05-10-2014 & PPR2 17-11-2014 (Submitted: 18-02-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
29-June-2015
Citizenship test are totally doable now, since restaurants are allowed for dine in, schools are opening, small slots of people can test, i dont see any reason they cannot do inperson tests anymore..
True! Things are getting back to normal and 50 ppl are allowed in indoor settings.
I thinks they are waiting for end of emergency by provinces so they can start, (which is not going to happen any time soon till 2021)

siddharthbala

Jan 12, 2016
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Request
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
True! Things are getting back to normal and 50 ppl are allowed in indoor settings.
I thinks they are waiting for end of emergency by provinces so they can start, (which is not going to happen any time soon till 2021)
There is also the matter of inter-departmental cooperation so unless all the cogs in the machine are capable of handling their end of the process, things are going to be a bit hobbled. It's why there are oaths going on, but no tests, citizenship certificates but until very recently, the passport office was still closed.

In my current position, I work with folks in the manufacturing sector. Almost all of them had to shut down immediately. But something that isn't commonly known is that when you shut down multiple processing lines that produce goods at volumes like hundreds of thousands of units a day (be it making car parts or aluminium cans) is that it takes time shut down properly (operations needs X amount of lead time, maintenance needs to be involved). As you can expect, it takes a hell of a lot of time to start things correctly because there are so many individual sub-components and sub-systems to a line and it's not a matter of flipping a switch. Even if we assume the government had executed emergency shutdown plans that they had internally prepared (and it is very likely they did, Disaster Recovery Plans are normal for any administrative branch), they are very likely following recovery phases that rely on specific milestones to kick back in.

With a similar analogy, it is clear that all the systems and associated sub-systems for application processing are slowly coming back online and the machine is 'warming up', as it were. Unfortunately, the DRPs (referenced earlier) are department-specific, not process-specific, i.e. IRCC, CSIS, CBSA, CPC's, etc. will all have individual strategies that tie into a greater administrative piece.As a result, real work doesn't begin until other portions of the system (CBSA, CSIS, Logistics and other departments within the CPC's) come online to a certain extent as well - each of these departments might have different priorities when coming back online as well. CSIS might have been (and most likely, has been) fully functional this entire time (seeing as it is Canada's security apparatus), but hasn't really been focusing on immigration and background verification matters (seeing as the IRCC was closed) and may have redirected resources to other competing priorities.

This entire situation has been a bit of a mess (made worse by a lack of any public facing communications, but it is important that the government recognize this as an opportunity to improve the system which is where the vox populi matters.

Mustafa100

Star Member
Oct 21, 2013
I have no opinion because I have not lived through a pandemic before and I am guessing neither has IRCC, so there is no precedent for this.

Like @siddharthbala above, I also had a stint in the public sector and witnessed bureaucracy where a very trivial IT matter took over a year to finalize...I am slightly exaggerating a bit, and citizenship tests are obviously more urgent than that, but probably not as urgent when considering what else is at stake (people's lives and livelihoods) these days.
Thank you bellaluna, I just wanted to highlight that these days we are living in the " CIC is always right " world,

zkzkzkzkzk

Jul 13, 2020
The word indefinitely sounds very gloomy though. Previously they were trying to get online tests, now I heard they're not bothering. Would be good if someone found out what kind of timelines we can expect. Are tests coming back only in 2022?
How do you know that they are no longer considering online test option? Can you share please?

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
I am old so I am exempt from testing but still haven’t got decision made. June 2019 application. October 2019 in process.