+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship rejection possibilities?

Drfay

Sep 1, 2018
Hello everyone, I’m just in a fix and kind of stressed. Replies would be highly appreciated.

So I had my test day before, the test went well but not my interview and the CO said she would review my application again and let you know about our decision.

Now, I have completed my days before my application. I mostly stay here but travel often to the US since my husband works and lives there (I have not applied for his sponsorship too because he travels extensively) that was one of the questions in the interview too as why I haven’t applied for his sponsorship.
And I travel a lot to our home country to meet family and spend time with husbands family. But I travel back to Canada.

I got a decision made today but no correspondence email from them.

I’m just very stressed and curious. Is there a possibility of denial of application on this basis (husband not living in Canada)

Helpful replies would be appreciated.

Reactions: scorph

YYZone

Dec 8, 2017
Decision made means they’re satisfied with your application. ECAS is updated but the only other email you will get is about the oath date.

Drfay

Sep 1, 2018
Decision made means they’re satisfied with your application. ECAS is updated but the only other email you will get is about the oath date.
Thank you soo soo much for your reply.
That feels a little relief.

Just hoping and praying I’m not among the 0.1% now.

Thank you once again.

FloydCan

Star Member
Nov 17, 2017
If your application was under the previous law that had the intent to reside requirement, it would definitely have been rejected. The CO possibly asked about it and then discovered it doesn't qualify and so approved.

Drfay

Sep 1, 2018
If your application was under the previous law that had the intent to reside requirement, it would definitely have been rejected. The CO possibly asked about it and then discovered it doesn't qualify and so approved.
I applied October 2017. So, I don’t think it was under the previous residing requirements?

wolfpack27616

Apr 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied October 2017. So, I don’t think it was under the previous residing requirements?
When in October? Exact date when application was received as per your ecas status?

Applications under the new rules (Intent to reside clause removed) kicked in from October 11, 2017.

Even if you had applied prior to that, I am not too sure if you would be rejected, now that the new rule has removed the intent to reside clause. Did you try searching for threads in this forum for similar cases?

Drfay

Sep 1, 2018
Application received October 19 2017
Started processing December 9 2017
Called for interview and test August 2nd.

wolfpack27616

Apr 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The only thing i can add is- don't get stressed. Just be positive and hope that you get the oath invite soon!

Drfay

Sep 1, 2018
When in October? Exact date when application was received as per your ecas status?

Applications under the new rules (Intent to reside clause removed) kicked in from October 11, 2017.

Even if you had applied prior to that, I am not too sure if you would be rejected, now that the new rule has removed the intent to reside clause. Did you try searching for threads in this forum for similar cases?[/QUOT
I did but did not get any similar case.

It just so happens that for right now my husband lives in the US and is always travelling and I live here in Canada. That’s what works for us now.
But the CO kept asking so do you intend on living in Canada in the future and I said yes and she kept rolling her eyes.

I think that claus was remove way before October. If I’m not wrong?

Thanx for your response.

Just waiting. A lot of decision depends on my citizenship.

Drfay

Sep 1, 2018
The only thing i can add is- don't get stressed. Just be positive and hope that you get the oath invite soon!
And what exactly was the intent to reside claus? I think I’m confusing it with something else.
And does it apply to me?

I was on and off the country in between the process of my application. I was out of the country for about 6 months and then got back.

wolfpack27616

Apr 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This link would give you an idea about what are the changes that was introduced under the current rules ( the one that you had applied).

https://www.cicnews.com/2017/06/changes-canadian-citizenship-act-to-become-law-069241.html#gs.95v5wcw

Under the old rules that were in effect between 2014- Oct 11 2017, one of the clauses was you had to intend to reside in Canada during and after the citizenship process. This could have been an issue in your case because of your frequent travel,

However, the new rules have eliminated that clause.

FloydCan

Star Member
Nov 17, 2017

Even if you had applied prior to that, I am not too sure if you would be rejected, now that the new rule has removed the intent to reside clause. Did you try searching for threads in this forum for similar cases?
If she signed her application prior to October 11, the old rule with the intent to reside requirement would have applied. My guess is that she applied after 11 because she seems to have used the application that doesn't contain the intent to reside check.

Drfay

Sep 1, 2018
If she signed her application prior to October 11, the old rule with the intent to reside requirement would have applied. My guess is that she applied after 11 because she seems to have used the application that doesn't contain the intent to reside check.
Yes I signed my application on October 15th and application was received on October 19th.
I did not know about this rule. And I did not have any form to sign too. But I did travel immediately after i submitted my application for a bit and then I came back.

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Hello everyone, I’m just in a fix and kind of stressed. Replies would be highly appreciated.

So I had my test day before, the test went well but not my interview and the CO said she would review my application again and let you know about our decision.

Now, I have completed my days before my application. I mostly stay here but travel often to the US since my husband works and lives there (I have not applied for his sponsorship too because he travels extensively) that was one of the questions in the interview too as why I haven’t applied for his sponsorship.
And I travel a lot to our home country to meet family and spend time with husbands family. But I travel back to Canada.

I got a decision made today but no correspondence email from them.

I’m just very stressed and curious. Is there a possibility of denial of application on this basis (husband not living in Canada)

Helpful replies would be appreciated.
They made a decision on your application which is normally good news if they needed any other information they wouldn’t have made a decision as for the clause to reside they had remove it way before October I think sometime in July because when I send my application in August right to reside wasn’t in the application anymore so there’s nothing to worry about just seat back and relax and wait for your Oath Invite good luck.

Reactions: dpenabill