+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Question regarding Address in the last 6 years while visiting

Exports

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Would like to know the in the section E of the application; regarding the question
E. List All your Canadian and overseas addresses in the relevant period. If you were residing, employed or attending school outside Canada during this time, you MUST indicate all your foreign addresses.

Do we need to include all address of visits made out of Canada in this section as it was hotel stay mostly business trips. As I understand since Canada is primary residence, we include the Canadian addresses. I have multiple visits during around and in one visit travelled more than 3-4 countries in days ranging from 21 to 60 days.
I got confused since the lawyer whom I met last year mentioned that it is necessary to mention in this section all the addresses even though temporary visits and if not mentioned it could be considered as misdeclaration. I am wondering since the absences are already declared in the residence calculator, do we need to mention again in the addresses section E of the application?

Any inputs?

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there,

I reckon you need to get all addresses in that section. Even if those were addresses of hotels, offices, bases, etc.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
Read the instructions. Were you "residing" at any of those addresses or just visiting? It doesn't sound to me like you ever set up a foreign residence and you were not employed abroad, so why would you list those addresses? You could of course call IRCC/CIC and ask them what they think....

Exports

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
HighFive said:
Hi there,

I reckon you need to get all addresses in that section. Even if those were addresses of hotels, offices, bases, etc.
I got 28 Business/ Personal visits... and each visit will be atleast 2-3 different countries, therefore had not included these visits addresses as I understood my primary residence was Canadian address; and I visited temporarily for business visits ranging from 3 days to 21 days each country. But these visits are included in the residence calculator.

Do you think I should include all these addresses also?

Exports

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
links18 said:
Read the instructions. Were you "residing" at any of those addresses or just visiting? It doesn't sound to me like you ever set up a foreign residence and you were not employed abroad, so why would you list those addresses? You could of course call IRCC/CIC and ask them what they think....
For me also it looks like visiting addresses should not be included as it was not residence; but got confused due to the lawyers advice last year. I remember she specifically said it could be misinterpreted by the CO since it could be conflicting if compared with the residence calculator. I will surely call up the call center and find out what the agent say. Just wanted to be doubly sure.

AbdulIBX

Mar 6, 2016
At the Interview we had with my wife the citizenship officer mentioned that place of residence is considered where the rent has been payed. The addresses while visiting doesn't matter if the primary renting place is Canada.

We have asked the same question at our interview.
The visits abroad have to be mentioned in the residence calculator.
Regards Abdul