+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship query

preetlara

Feb 9, 2016
Hello everyone
And would be really appreciated
My minor daughter become permanent resident in 2017 and her citizenship application was submitted by her Canadian father but unfortunately my husband has passed away after submitting the application and the citizenship minister denied her application on the ground that my minor daughter doesn't have her living Canadian parent. So can any one suggest me that what can I do further in this case.can I apply for compassionate or humanitarian ground. Thx regds

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Hello everyone
And would be really appreciated
My minor daughter become permanent resident in 2017 and her citizenship application was submitted by her Canadian father but unfortunately my husband has passed away after submitting the application and the citizenship minister denied her application on the ground that my minor daughter doesn't have her living Canadian parent. So can any one suggest me that what can I do further in this case.can I apply for compassionate or humanitarian ground. Thx regds
My condolences! Are you a Permanent Resident in Canada? Do you live here?

preetlara

Feb 9, 2016
Me too is permanent resident but now I'm in India because of my kid he is just 11 months old and born in canafa

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Me too is permanent resident but now I'm in India because of my kid he is just 11 months old and born in canafa
1. You will have to maintain your PR status, and have to return to Canada to do it.
2. You will have meet the citizenship residency requirement and you could include your daughter in your application, but she would have to be in Canada at the time that you apply.

preetlara

Feb 9, 2016
Tnku very much for kind reply.but pls let me know can I request the concerned officer to grant her citizenship on comppasinate ground that her father was alive at the time of application submission.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Tnku very much for kind reply.but pls let me know can I request the concerned officer to grant her citizenship on comppasinate ground that her father was alive at the time of application submission.
I'm just wondering, how was the father Canadian? (born in Canada, born outside of Canada to Canadian parents, naturalized?)